Judy TT preload knob won't turn

Brad McColm

Guest
I just recently bought a set of new, never installed '04
Judy TT's from a buddy and once I got the LBS to install
them I can no longer turn the pre-load knob in either
direction. it seems to be set on the softest setting which
is fine but i am currently doing some road training and
would like to stiffen up the ride. Any help w/o having to
remove the forks would be appreciated.

"Brad McColm" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> I just recently bought a set of new, never installed '04
> Judy TT's from a buddy and once I got the LBS to install
> them I can no longer turn the pre-load knob in either
> direction. it seems to be set on the softest setting which
> is fine but i am currently doing some road training and
> would like to stiffen up the ride. Any help w/o having to
> remove the forks would be appreciated.

Try loosening the knob retaining screw a bit. I had to do
that on my '04 Judy SL before it blew up.

--
Peder (Please reply to group only, email invalid)

Peder wrote:

> Try loosening the knob retaining screw a bit. I had to do
> that on my '04 Judy SL before it blew up.

Post of the Week!!!

Bill "cause and effect?" S.

"Brad McColm" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I just recently bought a set of new, never installed '04
> Judy TT's from a buddy and once I got the LBS to install
> them I can no longer turn the pre-load knob in either
> direction. it seems to be set on the softest setting which
> is fine but i am currently doing some road training and
> would like to stiffen up the ride. Any help w/o having to
> remove the forks would be appreciated.

Throw it away and buy a rigid fork.

JD

JD wrote:

> "Brad McColm" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>
>>I just recently bought a set of new, never installed '04
>>Judy TT's from a buddy and once I got the LBS to install
>>them I can no longer turn the pre-load knob in either
>>direction. it seems to be set on the softest setting which
>>is fine but i am currently doing some road training and
>>would like to stiffen up the ride. Any help w/o having to
>>remove the forks would be appreciated.
>

> Throw it away and buy a rigid fork.
>
> JD
NO, dont throw away a perfectly good fork! Open the caps and
fill it with sand. Done and done.

" S o r n i" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:D[email protected]:

> Peder wrote:
>>
>> Try loosening the knob retaining screw a bit. I had to do
>> that on my '04 Judy SL before it blew up.
>
> Post of the Week!!!
>
> Bill "cause and effect?" S.

Not really, just **** design. Probably one reason (of
several) why Giant only used it for 6 months. Even SRAM
took it back.

--
Peder (Please reply to group only, email invalid)

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] says...
> I just recently bought a set of new, never installed '04
> Judy TT's from a buddy and once I got the LBS to install
> them I can no longer turn the pre-load knob in either
> direction. it seems to be set on the softest setting which
> is fine but i am currently doing some road training and
> would like to stiffen up the ride. Any help w/o having to
> remove the forks would be appreciated.

Probably was turned too far and it broke. Pretty common. I
would ask for a new FREE adjuster.
--
Chris Phillipo - Cape Breton, Nova Scotia http://www.ramsays-