Judy TT preload knob won't turn

Brad McColm

Guest
I just recently bought a set of new, never installed '04 Judy TT's from a
buddy and once I got the LBS to install them I can no longer turn the
pre-load knob in either direction. it seems to be set on the softest
setting which is fine but i am currently doing some road training and would
like to stiffen up the ride. Any help w/o having to remove the forks would
be appreciated.

Peder wrote:

> Try loosening the knob retaining screw a bit. I had to do that on my
> '04 Judy SL before it blew up.

Post of the Week!!!

Bill "cause and effect?" S.

"Brad McColm" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I just recently bought a set of new, never installed '04 Judy TT's from a
> buddy and once I got the LBS to install them I can no longer turn the
> pre-load knob in either direction. it seems to be set on the softest
> setting which is fine but i am currently doing some road training and would
> like to stiffen up the ride. Any help w/o having to remove the forks would
> be appreciated.

Throw it away and buy a rigid fork.

JD

JD wrote:

> "Brad McColm" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>
>>I just recently bought a set of new, never installed '04 Judy TT's from a
>>buddy and once I got the LBS to install them I can no longer turn the
>>pre-load knob in either direction. it seems to be set on the softest
>>setting which is fine but i am currently doing some road training and would
>>like to stiffen up the ride. Any help w/o having to remove the forks would
>>be appreciated.

> Throw it away and buy a rigid fork.
>
> JD

NO, dont throw away a perfectly good fork! Open the caps and fill it
with sand. Done and done.