Juicer Recipes ?

Mbumbotatum

Guest
I was given a juicer and plan on using it mainly for health
and not for taste.

About all I can think to do with it is...juice carrots and
beets and celery and drink the stuff as fast as possible, so
as not to taste it. You can tell I'm not very creative with
this stuff. Are there any good juiceable combinations
(either for health or for taste) that I should be trying?

May I suggest you give the juicer as a gift and increase
the many health benefits of eating whole veggies and
fruits, even avoiding the negative of concentrating sugar
content at the expense of the many nutrients that would go
in the garbage.

>I was given a juicer and plan on using it mainly for health
>and not for taste.
>
>About all I can think to do with it is...juice carrots and
>beets and celery and drink the stuff as fast as possible,
>so as not to taste it. You can tell I'm not very creative
>with this stuff. Are there any good juiceable combinations
>(either for health or for taste) that I should be trying?

The first seems a liquid version of "candy", the reason kids
like fruit jucies, and the second easily solved by adding
the material to other cooked foods, soup for example, that
would eliminat any problems mentioned, oh yes, floss which
you should be doing anyway. "Jucieing" is one of those fad
kind of things that sells product on late night
infomercials, complete without support for the health
benefit assertions made. There are far too many goodies
thrown away to make this but a consideration near the bottom
of the list for purposes of nutrition.

>You appear to have omitted mentioning some juice virtues:
>
>* Juice can make eating produce more pleasant - and eating
> more fruit and vegetables has positive effects in terms
> of displacing less desirable foods from your diet;
>* Juicing allows access to some high-quality nutrient
> sources which would otherwise be unavailable - such as
> wheatgrass;
>* Fibre in fruit can trap foods in between the teeth,
> contributing to dental carries.
>--
> |im |yler http://timtyler.org/ [email protected] Remove lock
> to reply.

I understand your points, but remain unmoved by them with
consideration of the balance of health goals and eating
habits. Each of your points can be answered, but like the
practice, concern for them are very far down the list of
concerns. It smacks me too much of the fad even cult, a
thing the area of nutrition must perhaps be at the top of
the list for generating and fostering.