Julich Quote

Discussion in 'Professional Cycling' started by Malkmus, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Malkmus

Malkmus New Member

I've been looking for a quote from Julich during the 1998 Tour where he says Cofidis isn't doping. They just use special hi-tech recovery products. I can't find it anywhere. I bet it is in the stack of Cycle Sport magazines in Lim's bathroom. Anybody remember the quote and know where I can find it?

I like Julich and think he is clean now. I also think he may have been naive back then and taken whatever the team told him to take. I just want to re-read the interview to see if I have the same perspective 10 years later.

Tags:

2. adamastor

adamastor New Member

Please don't forget the context around that "special" Tour. ALL riders said complete nonsense, in order to protect themselves. It will be easy to find any "I am 150% clean" comment from anyone. Tried to help by googling in French and German, but didn't find anything.

In connection to Cofidis and Julich, just found Gaumont's comments in his book (which I read) : "Prisonnier du dopage"
    some idea here
    http://www.geocities.com/veloepododo/art/5/6juin/E-ActualiteCom7.html

Julich is mentioned, and please note the doping goes on AFTER 98 at Cofidis...they all went for it, according to Gaumont, except Moncoutié and another rider I forget the name.

3. thunder

thunder New Member

janek tombak

but that was circa 03/04