Julich takes sprint in TdGermany stage 3

trg

Guest
No, not the final, but the first intermediate sprint for 2 bonus seconds
(after Unai E, who was away on a break, got 3 seconds). Then CSC sent Voigt
ahead to gobble up the seconds on the next intermediate sprint. So now Bobby
is 2 seconds ahead of all the other serious GC contenders (other than
perhaps Jaksche).

What's the strategy here? If he stays with the other GCers in the Mountain
stages, he could end up in yellow. That's not necessarily a good thing with
another week of racing to go.

I suppose it could come in handy if the gaps remain until the ITT on stage
8, where starting after the other GC contenders (like Ullrich) would be an
advantage, but there are several mountain stages between now and then. It's
extremely unlikely that the gaps will remain until then. it's even more
unlikely that the final podium will be decided by 2 seconds.

What's the strategy? Or are CSC just trying to get inside people's heads?

Looks like tomorrow if going to be a hack of a day, arrival at 2,670,
higher than anything in any of the three major tours ! I predict
Julich will be dropped at the foot of the last climb.

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 22:25:48 +0200, "trg"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>No, not the final, but the first intermediate sprint for 2 bonus seconds
>(after Unai E, who was away on a break, got 3 seconds). Then CSC sent Voigt
>ahead to gobble up the seconds on the next intermediate sprint. So now Bobby
>is 2 seconds ahead of all the other serious GC contenders (other than
>perhaps Jaksche).
>
>What's the strategy here? If he stays with the other GCers in the Mountain
>stages, he could end up in yellow. That's not necessarily a good thing with
>another week of racing to go.
>
>I suppose it could come in handy if the gaps remain until the ITT on stage
>8, where starting after the other GC contenders (like Ullrich) would be an
>advantage, but there are several mountain stages between now and then. It's
>extremely unlikely that the gaps will remain until then. it's even more
>unlikely that the final podium will be decided by 2 seconds.
>
>What's the strategy? Or are CSC just trying to get inside people's heads?

"trg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> No, not the final, but the first intermediate sprint for 2 bonus seconds
> (after Unai E, who was away on a break, got 3 seconds). Then CSC sent
> Voigt
> ahead to gobble up the seconds on the next intermediate sprint. So now
> Bobby
> is 2 seconds ahead of all the other serious GC contenders (other than
> perhaps Jaksche).
>
> What's the strategy here? If he stays with the other GCers in the Mountain
> stages, he could end up in yellow. That's not necessarily a good thing
> with
> another week of racing to go.
>
> I suppose it could come in handy if the gaps remain until the ITT on stage
> 8, where starting after the other GC contenders (like Ullrich) would be an
> advantage, but there are several mountain stages between now and then.
> It's
> extremely unlikely that the gaps will remain until then. it's even more
> unlikely that the final podium will be decided by 2 seconds.
>
> What's the strategy? Or are CSC just trying to get inside people's heads?

No question, they've gotten inside yours!

"matabala" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de news:
[email protected]...

> "trg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> No, not the final, but the first intermediate sprint for 2 bonus seconds
>> (after Unai E, who was away on a break, got 3 seconds). Then CSC sent
>> Voigt
>> ahead to gobble up the seconds on the next intermediate sprint. So now
>> Bobby
>> is 2 seconds ahead of all the other serious GC contenders (other than
>> perhaps Jaksche).
>>
>> What's the strategy here? If he stays with the other GCers in the
>> Mountain
>> stages, he could end up in yellow. That's not necessarily a good thing
>> with
>> another week of racing to go.
>>
>> I suppose it could come in handy if the gaps remain until the ITT on
>> stage
>> 8, where starting after the other GC contenders (like Ullrich) would be
>> an
>> advantage, but there are several mountain stages between now and then.
>> It's
>> extremely unlikely that the gaps will remain until then. it's even more
>> unlikely that the final podium will be decided by 2 seconds.
>>
>> What's the strategy? Or are CSC just trying to get inside people's heads?
>>

> No question, they've gotten inside yours!

Yeah, but that doesn't really help them win the TdG :)

You nailed that. Julich blew 10 minutes. Odd thing is he appears to
be the top placed CSC rider. And the Top placed Discovery rider is a
mtber. Kinda shows what the non-german teams think of the race.