Jumping the Quae

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by beauyboy, Aug 10, 2006.

1. Hitchy

Hitchy New Member

...or 'legal'

2. mezzinator

mezzinator New Member

Is it EVER safe to do so when cars are involved??????????? ;)

3. jimmay2000

jimmay2000 New Member

It's only a queue because cars can't jump the queue! "Waiting your turn" is just not a concept that's in general use on the road -- it's first in best dressed.

For those of you who drive, how many times have you seen a car "push in" to a queue? Speed up when one lane is blocked so that other cars can't merge?

4. artemidorus

artemidorus New Member

I'll never try to get past a moving car by squeezing alongside the curb. If I need to overtake a slow vehicle, I do it in the conventional way.

5. beauyboy

beauyboy New Member

I do it because i believe it is just manners to wait your turn. In doing so generlly i do not have much trouble with cars yet.

Beauyboy

6. asterope

asterope New Member

yup... spot on... if i need to overtake a slow car i do it on the right. no use confusing the poor buggers by overtaking them on the left!

as for jumping the queue, i like to use my judgement... if its rush hour, i filter down the middle, closer to the drivers side but always with my eyes on the passengers in the other lane... you dont often get drivers abandoning their cars to duck off to the 7-11 for the newspaper you know :p

and if i am to encounter an annoying blockage (i.e. 4wd hogging up the lane) then i wait behind them, but ALWAYS in front of the car thats behind the blockage and i always look them straight in the eye and make sure they look at me. if they have a passenger i do the same... they have no excuse then.

7. willocrew

willocrew New Member

I stay back....I look for a car with a nice huge Rear Spoiler, and I hold unto it...

8. Jeytown

Jeytown New Member

so does anybody do right hand turns

or is in a storage lane

what the f do you do ?

9. mjs4300

mjs4300 New Member

and i always look them straight in the eye and make sure they look at me. if they have a passenger i do the same... they have no excuse then.[/QUOTE]

That is the key! Make sure they have seen you. In my humble opinion motorists by and large are so vague they would not know if their car was on fire let alone notice what else goes on around them.