junior training partner in socal

Giannicorrea

Apr 27, 2011
my name is gianni correa and i am 15 years old living in downey,CA. i ride and race road bikes.i need someone to train with thats on my level.
i ride alot on the rio hondo river and the rio san gabriel river.i also ride in long beach and down pch alot. i do about 250 miles a week, averaging 18-21mph.
i need someone who can keep up or thats even better than i am. you dont even have to be a junior.i pretty much just need someone to train with.

if your intrested in training with me you can contact me:
email:[email protected]
Cell: 5626446855

Gianni,

I have to advise you not to put private contact info on an internet forum and especially not to solicit in real life meetings with people you don't know. I am saying this for your own safety. If you are looking for people to ride with, head over to your LBS and ask them about their shop rides or other local rides. You say you race. What about joining a team and training with teammates?

. . . and I'd suggest that the moderators take down this thread ASAP. . .

I'm actually in the same boat, I just moved out here to whittier from maryland, i went to my local bike shop and la habra cyclery told me that there is a saturday ride(teamvelocity.org, i think) that will tear my legs off but nothing really during the week. I went to a shop in whittier on santa gertrudes and they referred me to the green leaf killers, i thought this would be more my speed but I found out that these guys are hipsters that ride fixies. Thats all well and good but i was looking more for something more consistent during the week such as a group road rides on tuesdays and thursdays, but I havent found anything yet thats remotely local. I'm not trying to jack your thread, i just share your frustration. Have you found anything? Do you race for a team, if so have you tried to ask your teammates about rides?

Well i ride for a team called SC Velo thats based in chino that has rides during the week. but nothing local.