just a question

M

Miss Violette

I was reading that Jane has taken up cross-stitch again and I was wondering if it would help those
of you with a hand busying hobby had a project sitting a place where you could see it on the way to
the kitchen, so if you were bored you could work on the project instead and if you think you really
hungry you can test it by saying, I will do this for 15 minutes and if I am still hungry then I will
eat something, Lee, who actually has no hobbies like this...

Miss Violette wrote:
>
> I was reading that Jane has taken up cross-stitch again and I was wondering if it would help those
> of you with a hand busying hobby had a project sitting a place where you could see it on the way
> to the kitchen, so if you were bored you could work on the project instead and if you think you
> really hungry you can test it by saying, I will do this for 15 minutes and if I am still hungry
> then I will eat something, Lee, who actually has no hobbies like this...

Start quilting! You will spend all your time in the sewing space and never go near the kitchen!
Bolts of fabric, stash shopping, toting machines about, hauling magazines and books home, will all
give you lovely exercise, and there will be no money left to buy fattening, luxury foods!
--

Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttons http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

I can hand stitch so could do the blocks but it is very slow since I am
blind. I hate any manner of sewing, didn't get that gene either. I think
it is on the same strand as the homemaking one. I am also allergic to the
fabric. I love fabric stores but can't stay in one for over ten minutes or
my lungs seize up and I am out for a few days. I also tried knitting and
crocheting, that is a disaster also. Lee, who has her cats to fill in her
free time, and they try to eat all the luxury food...
Kate Dicey <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Miss Violette wrote:
> >
> > I was reading that Jane has taken up cross-stitch again and I was
wondering
> > if it would help those of you with a hand busying hobby had a project sitting a place where you
> > could see it on the way to the kitchen, so if
you
> > were bored you could work on the project instead and if you think you
really
> > hungry you can test it by saying, I will do this for 15 minutes and if I
am
> > still hungry then I will eat something, Lee, who actually has no hobbies like this...
>
> Start quilting! You will spend all your time in the sewing space and never go near the kitchen!
> Bolts of fabric, stash shopping, toting machines about, hauling magazines and books home, will all
> give you lovely exercise, and there will be no money left to buy fattening, luxury foods!
> --

> Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttons http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
> Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

Miss Violette wrote:
>
> I can hand stitch so could do the blocks but it is very slow since I am blind. I hate any manner
> of sewing, didn't get that gene either. I think it is on the same strand as the homemaking one.
> I am also allergic to the fabric. I love fabric stores but can't stay in one for over ten
> minutes or my lungs seize up and I am out for a few days. I also tried knitting and crocheting,
> that is a disaster also. Lee, who has her cats to fill in her free time, and they try to eat all
> the luxury food...

As a severe fabric addict the thought of being allergic to fabric is horrifying to me! AAKKK!

How about learning to play a musical instrument, or writing poetry, ot tooling leather?

My cats also try to steal the luxury foods - their favourites being smoked salmon and liver pate!
--

Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttons http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

actually I play the piano and clarinet. Today's cat choice was the steamed
pollock. They have never shown an interest in the same fillets baked but
since we started steaming them, the five food machines mill around the legs
of the table, waiting... hoping... and they got their own today. Lee
Kate Dicey <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Miss Violette wrote:
> >
> > I can hand stitch so could do the blocks but it is very slow since I am blind. I hate any manner
> > of sewing, didn't get that gene either. I
think
> > it is on the same strand as the homemaking one. I am also allergic to
the
> > fabric. I love fabric stores but can't stay in one for over ten minutes
or
> > my lungs seize up and I am out for a few days. I also tried knitting
and
> > crocheting, that is a disaster also. Lee, who has her cats to fill in
her
> > free time, and they try to eat all the luxury food...
>
> As a severe fabric addict the thought of being allergic to fabric is horrifying to me! AAKKK!
>
> How about learning to play a musical instrument, or writing poetry, ot tooling leather?
>
> My cats also try to steal the luxury foods - their favourites being smoked salmon and liver pate!
> --

> Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttons http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
> Click on Kate's Pages and explore!