Just a rant .kind of long

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Jamie, Jun 28, 2003.

  1. Jamie

    Jamie Guest

    Me and a buddies were out weedwacking our local trail .As we get to this section called the Log jam
    we notice that some Ass hole cut out all the single logs .They left the stacked up ones like 2 feet
    tall .Now the logs they cut out were being rode by us and many others with no complaints .there were
    a few that were kind of tricky like in a S in the trail so it slowed down the racer boys .I have
    been the trail manger for almost 4 year of this trail .Me and my 2 buddies have added 7 miles of
    trail in the past 3 years .we have a total of 9.5 mile of some of the sweetest single track In
    Indiana . This is the Outback trail In portage .So here is the question my buddies says Fu#3em and
    let it go . Me I want to hunt this person down and tell him he is a sissy ass if you cant ride the
    trail there are short cuts to by pass the hard spot . I called the park Dept I am real tight with
    them they said they are going to look into it .We are the original builders of this trail.Guts want
    to get some other riders option.All the logs they took out were ramped so they were easy to get
    across .Should I hunt this scum down or just let it go?!?!?

    --
    J/O Trailblazer At large !!

    Tags:

  2. Jon Bond

    Jon Bond Guest

    "Jamie" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Me and a buddies were out weedwacking our local trail .As we get to this section called the Log
    > jam we notice that some Ass hole cut out all the single logs .They left the stacked up ones like 2
    > feet tall .Now the logs they cut out were being rode by us and many others with no complaints
    .there
    > were a few that were kind of tricky like in a S in the trail so it slowed down the racer boys .I
    > have been the trail manger for almost 4 year of
    this
    > trail .Me and my 2 buddies have added 7 miles of trail in the past 3 years .we have a total of 9.5
    > mile of some of the sweetest single track In Indiana . This is the Outback trail In portage .So
    > here is the question my buddies says Fu#3em and let it go . Me I want to hunt this person down and
    > tell him he is a sissy ass if you cant ride the trail there are short cuts to by pass the hard
    > spot . I
    called
    > the park Dept I am real tight with them they said they are going to look into it .We are the
    > original builders of this trail.Guts want to get some other riders option.All the logs they took
    > out were ramped so they were
    easy
    > to get across .Should I hunt this scum down or just let it go?!?!?
    >
    > --
    > J/O Trailblazer At large !!

    If they're doing work like that, they think they're helping. Put up a sign at the trailhead, and
    maybe one at the section, that says "If you want to help maintain the trail, don't just do stuff,
    contact us first! Unauthorized trail maintenance jeopardizes our relationship with the Park
    Department", etc. etc. etc. If they think they'll helping, they'll probably see it. The people who
    stack branches, on the other hand, are usually the same people who cut corners instead of ride them.
    If you catch one of them, bitch the hell out of 'em for me, will ya?

    Jon Bond

  3. Twisties

    Twisties New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 7, 2003
    dont be to harsh on them, they were probably only trying to help, but yeh, make sure you put up that sign.