Just a reminder

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Joshua Curd, Mar 2, 2003.

  1. Joshua Curd

    Joshua Curd Guest

    After not having a road bike for over 7 years and after having grown quite accustomed to the
    handing properties of my sport-hybrid over the past year I took my built up Trek 5200 out for a
    spin today....

    Just in case anyone forgets, real road bikes do not corner as well as a flatbar bike with a shorter
    wheelbase. I got up to 26mph and made too sharp of a turn and slammed into a curb and I went flying
    10 feet or so into a snow bank. Its funny how one checks one self, then your bike, then you check to
    see if anyone saw the fall.

    Josh AmericanCycleandFitness.com

    Tags:

  2. "Joshua Curd" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:5Iz8a.13434
    > Just in case anyone forgets, real road bikes do not corner as well
    as a
    > flatbar bike with a shorter wheelbase. I got up to 26mph and made
    too sharp
    > of a turn and slammed into a curb and I went flying 10 feet or so
    into a
    > snow bank. Its funny how one checks one self, then your bike, then
    you check
    > to see if anyone saw the fall.

    It's also funny how rider error is turned into the bike not cornering well.

    JT

    NB: reply-to address is munged

    Visit http://www.jt10000.com

  3. Joshua Curd

    Joshua Curd Guest

    That too

    > "Joshua Curd" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:5Iz8a.13434
    > > Just in case anyone forgets, real road bikes do not corner as well
    > as a
    > > flatbar bike with a shorter wheelbase. I got up to 26mph and made
    > too sharp
    > > of a turn and slammed into a curb and I went flying 10 feet or so
    > into a
    > > snow bank. Its funny how one checks one self, then your bike, then
    > you check
    > > to see if anyone saw the fall.
    >
    > It's also funny how rider error is turned into the bike not cornering well.
    >
    > JT

    > NB: reply-to address is munged
    >
    > Visit http://www.jt10000.com

  4. Mark Wolfe

    Mark Wolfe Guest

    I'd bet you were looking at the point of impact. :) Like we say to students in the MSF courses, TURN
    YOUR HEAD... :) Target fixation can be painful.

    Joshua Curd wrote:

    > After not having a road bike for over 7 years and after having grown quite accustomed to the
    > handing properties of my sport-hybrid over the past year I took my built up Trek 5200 out for a
    > spin today....
    >
    > Just in case anyone forgets, real road bikes do not corner as well as a flatbar bike with a
    > shorter wheelbase. I got up to 26mph and made too sharp of a turn and slammed into a curb and I
    > went flying 10 feet or so into a snow bank. Its funny how one checks one self, then your bike,
    > then you check to see if anyone saw the fall.
    >
    > Josh AmericanCycleandFitness.com

  5. "Joshua Curd" wrote <snip>

    I got up to 26mph and made too sharp
    > of a turn and slammed into a curb and I went flying 10 feet or so into a snow bank.

    I just love the effects of adrenalin, and the way it puts the fall in to slow motion, as you slowly
    float thru the air. Hope the landing wasn't too rough.