Just a reminder

Joshua Curd

Guest
After not having a road bike for over 7 years and after having grown quite accustomed to the
handing properties of my sport-hybrid over the past year I took my built up Trek 5200 out for a
spin today....

Just in case anyone forgets, real road bikes do not corner as well as a flatbar bike with a shorter
wheelbase. I got up to 26mph and made too sharp of a turn and slammed into a curb and I went flying
10 feet or so into a snow bank. Its funny how one checks one self, then your bike, then you check to
see if anyone saw the fall.

Josh AmericanCycleandFitness.com

"Joshua Curd" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:5Iz8a.13434
> Just in case anyone forgets, real road bikes do not corner as well
as a
> flatbar bike with a shorter wheelbase. I got up to 26mph and made
too sharp
> of a turn and slammed into a curb and I went flying 10 feet or so
into a
> snow bank. Its funny how one checks one self, then your bike, then
you check
> to see if anyone saw the fall.

It's also funny how rider error is turned into the bike not cornering well.

JT

NB: reply-to address is munged

Visit http://www.jt10000.com

That too

> "Joshua Curd" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:5Iz8a.13434
> > Just in case anyone forgets, real road bikes do not corner as well
> as a
> > flatbar bike with a shorter wheelbase. I got up to 26mph and made
> too sharp
> > of a turn and slammed into a curb and I went flying 10 feet or so
> into a
> > snow bank. Its funny how one checks one self, then your bike, then
> you check
> > to see if anyone saw the fall.
>
> It's also funny how rider error is turned into the bike not cornering well.
>
> JT

> NB: reply-to address is munged
>
> Visit http://www.jt10000.com

I'd bet you were looking at the point of impact. :) Like we say to students in the MSF courses, TURN
YOUR HEAD... :) Target fixation can be painful.

Joshua Curd wrote:

> After not having a road bike for over 7 years and after having grown quite accustomed to the
> handing properties of my sport-hybrid over the past year I took my built up Trek 5200 out for a
> spin today....
>
> Just in case anyone forgets, real road bikes do not corner as well as a flatbar bike with a
> shorter wheelbase. I got up to 26mph and made too sharp of a turn and slammed into a curb and I
> went flying 10 feet or so into a snow bank. Its funny how one checks one self, then your bike,
> then you check to see if anyone saw the fall.
>
> Josh AmericanCycleandFitness.com

"Joshua Curd" wrote <snip>

I got up to 26mph and made too sharp
> of a turn and slammed into a curb and I went flying 10 feet or so into a snow bank.

I just love the effects of adrenalin, and the way it puts the fall in to slow motion, as you slowly
float thru the air. Hope the landing wasn't too rough.