Just Because Everyone Believes It Does Not Make It True.

spasticteapot

Jul 27, 2007
This has been used as the basis for far too many arguements.

Many people will claim something along the following:

"Because most people buy gasoline (petrol) engines, the gasoline engine is superior to the diesel engine."

(Note: This is just an example. I'm personally a fan of electric motors.)

Here are two particularly good counterpoints to this arguement.

1. Most people buy crappy bikes from Wal-Mart or Toys-R-Us, even though they're only about $50 cheaper than a vastly superior offering from, say, Trek.

2. Quite a lot of the people I know assume that due to the popularity of Spandex amongst dedicated riders, most hard-core cyclists are homosexual.

SHHHHHHHHHHHH they'll hear you! don't fight the pack. the mob wins every time.
It's black sheep like you that come out with your assembly lines and your penicillin, and your outrageous claims of a round world and a sun in the middle of the solar system that undermines our sense of rightness and security. If it weren't for free thinking instigators like you we could all be right.;)

The fact that the 'sheep' syndrome gets to you marks you as a wolf. Wolves shouldn't complain about sheep being the way they are. So, get to wolfing. Or, go ahead, exploit the masses. If you don't, another wolf will. bk

I think it is spandex that's any color other than black that gets people questioning your manliness. :eek:

It's hard to get people to change their minds when they're attached to a label. Sometimes it's not worth trying.

Yeah, I hate that, my cousin spent probably 250 dollars on bikes from walmart, because every one she bought fell apart the first day she owned it, so instead of doing what the big sunglasses wearing, ipod using, american idol watching drones that our nation is slowly but sadly becoming and buying a bike from walmart cause its cheap, pop the extra coin and all at once and get a good bike.

Themes that sell:

Swoosh

LIVE WRONG!

All Cancer charities do great work, especially Nike's sneaker based LAF

real estate values are climbing.

Credit markets are unimportant to the world economy

USA recession does not impact Europe.

Jan Ulrich is a clean cyclist

T-Mobile and CSC have antidoping policies in effect.

Blood for Oil policies are umimportant because Oil is irrelevant.

Interest rates may rise in the face of a global credit crisis.