Just completed my first tour - Auckland to Wellington

Patrick88

Aug 25, 2004
It was something that I look back on very fondly but the weather conditions that me and my mate encountered made it fairly grim at times. We were into the wind for the first two days and the hills were a welcome relief after the wind. It took us 8 days and I am looking foward to doing the south island some time in the future.

Patrick88 said:
It was something that I look back on very fondly but the weather conditions that me and my mate encountered made it fairly grim at times. We were into the wind for the first two days and the hills were a welcome relief after the wind. It took us 8 days and I am looking foward to doing the south island some time in the future.
Go you good thing.

The wind has been crazy the past few weeks, and just heading out on training rides has been a mission, so respect for battling it out all the way to Wellington.

What route did you take? And not too many nutter drivers I hope.

62vette said:
Go you good thing.

The wind has been crazy the past few weeks, and just heading out on training rides has been a mission, so respect for battling it out all the way to Wellington.

What route did you take? And not too many nutter drivers I hope.
Went through all the back roads to avoid state highway one. Went through national park and wanganui and such. We didn't get one day with perfect weather - only one day where it didn't rain. Oh well, its over with now.