Just diagnosed with Incomplete Right Bundle Branch Block

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Elliott, Mar 14, 2004.

  1. Elliott

    Elliott Guest

    I just had my physical and my EKG showed "Sinus Rhythm. Left
    Atrial Abnormality. Incomplete Right Bundle Branch Block." I
    am about to turn 60 and in pretty good health although high
    cholesterol.

    Does anyone know anything about how serious this is? My
    doctor (Gen. Practitioner MD) said it is nothing to worry
    about but I am concerned that there may be something wrong
    with my heart. Now that I know about this I think I feel
    some discomfort in the heart area but it may be
    psychosomatic or due to stress of worrying about it.

    Any information/advice would be greatly appreciated. Should
    I follow up with an echo cardiogram?

    Elliott

    Tags:

  2. elliott wrote:

    > I just had my physical and my EKG showed "Sinus Rhythm.
    > Left Atrial Abnormality. Incomplete Right Bundle Branch
    > Block." I am about to turn 60 and in pretty good health
    > although high cholesterol.
    >
    > Does anyone know anything about how serious this is?

    Depends on the rest of your history and physical exam.
    Either an "incomplete" right bundle branch block or a left
    atrial abnormality are enough to call an EKG abnormal.

    > My doctor (Gen. Practitioner MD) said it is nothing to
    > worry about but I am concerned that there may be something
    > wrong with my heart. Now that I know about this I think I
    > feel some discomfort in the heart area but it may be
    > psychosomatic or due to stress of worrying about it.

    You should inform your doctor about your chest discomfort.

    > Any information/advice would be greatly appreciated.
    > Should I follow up with an echo cardiogram?

    It is likely that your GP will refer you to see a
    cardiologist.

    Andrew

    --
    Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD