Just found out about recumbents..need to know more...

Elhanan Maayan wrote:

> [...]
> name.
> to give you more examples then the one i gave you, did you know that
> right wings activists can be thrown out to jail, and being kept there
> for months wout been given a trial or a lawyer? on activies was even
> charged 30!!! times, but was equited 95% of the times, (harrasment
> anyone?)
>
> our judicial system can overide our goverment and it does so numerious
> times, always siding with the arabs.
> the reason why it seems a democracy is becouse there is no one person
> (like sadam hussain) runnings, you won't find torture chambers (well
> mostly), or mass execution becouse u won't need, our entire control
> system is being governed by a collective of press officials , courts
> and procecutors. each one defending each other, ALL of them are siding
> arabs, and contribute to the destuction of israel (why, becouse they
> hate themselves) they ppl, are too tired, scared to do anything about,
> we ourselves don't have collective, are always go accroding to what
> newspapers write (the main ones are left wings).
> then put someone else in the seat you say?
> really? how?
>
> put better judges in the courts. that would be nice in theory, but
> israel the only democracy that does now allow it's judges to be
> selcted by politcians, but rather under a secret commiette composed,
> of 3 judges 3 lawyers, and 3 yes politicans, sounds fair, but don't
> forget that both the lawyers and politicans may have to stand infront
> of the judges, and will never do anything that would make them angry,
> (jury, what jury?)
> then let's put someone else in the justice department? hmm been there
> tried that, as soon as someone who was considered a threat was
> nominated the procecutors cooked up a charge about not dotting the i's
> on a contract, as the trial begun he was disqualfied from being
> nonimated, his replacment also faced charges, how this time these
> charges were slowly being proccessed, and u might say he was held
> captive by them , he did exactly what he was told, nonminated exactly
> the ppl he was told, he lived in fear.
>
> how about the media, israel is a small state, and has a handfull of
> monopolly media mongouls, who off course have the left wing approach,
> you cannot compete with them becouse they have cornered the market.
> even if you do try, the entire critics system, will bash it down if
> it's from the wrong wing. we have a few right wing papers but their
> distribution is limited.
> radio, you can't just opened a radio station, it must be approved by
> well you know who.
>
> each time you try to place with the wrong opinions the entire system
> screams bluddy murder saying its should only for 'profetional' reasons
> not politics (which we all know is dirty)..
>
> this is a close circut system, you can get in, you can't replace it.
> my dad knows much more about it then i do. sorry for the spelling.

We have nuts like this too in the US that believe the US will be
conquered by "Black UN helicopters" under the command of Hilary Clinton.

Israeli courts being biased in favor of the Arabs? Even Karl Rove would
not say something so shameless. Good Grief!

Yes, all Jews who do not believe that the Palestinians are sub-human
scum who should be cleansed from the face of the earth are self-hating.
What ridiculous nonsense. And anyone who does not support "Greater
Israel" is an anti-Semite. Sheesh!

Hey, the Palestinians are also Semitic people!

It is people like Mr. Maayan who will get innocent Jews murdered in
retaliation for the murder of innocent Palestinians by the IDF and
paramilitary groups.

Here is a website for your enjoyment: <http://www.jewsagainstzionism.com/>.

--
Tom Sherman - Curmudgeon and Pedant

Edward Dolan wrote:

> Terrorism is your number one problem in Israel. We Americans are so stupid
> that we don't think it could ever happen to us. That is why 9/11 is so
> valuable for us - if only we can learn from it....

We should learn that the US can not have a monopoly on violence. After
bullying much of the world for over a century with either the US
military or US proxies (like the Shah of Iran, or Pinochet in Chile),
someone hit back.

> Kerry and the liberal Dems
> obviously still don't have a clue. Fortunately, we have Bush for President
> who knows that the only way to deal with terrorists is to hunt them down and
> kill them.

Violence breeds more violence, and the arrogant war crimes of the Cheney
/Bush administration in Iraq and the violation of human rights and
international treaties in US jails [1] and concentration camps [2] will
only lead to more anti-US violence. The "War on Terror" [3] will only
breed more hatred of the US, and make innocent US citizens less safe.

>>u'll be very popular in some right wing factions we have here.

> I would be totally right wing if I were an Israeli. There is nothing to talk
> about with suicide bombers. Your Prime Minister is not nearly tough enough
> on the Arab Muslims. I would wage total war on them and forcibly expel them
> into Jordan, their true Palestinian state.

Why not just kill them all? This was the way the immigrants to the US
dealt with the indigenous population who rightfully owned the land.

>>and if u think kerry is bad, at least YOU have a democracy, in our
>>'plant' our prime minister FIRES ministers becouse he didn't get their
>>vote about his descisons, which btw are in complete contrast to his
>>own party line which got him elected in the first place.
>>he plans to evict thousands of jews from their homes even though he
>>throw a pole in his party, commiting to abide by that pole, but even
>>though pole results were DRASTICALLLY against him, the simply ignored
>>it and moved on.

> You have a democracy in Israel. It is a parliamentary system as opposed to a
> presidential system, so it functions a bit different. The g.d. Arabs have
> still to prove they are even capable of democracy. The recent elections in
> Afghanistan are a good omen and the upcoming elections in Iraq will be very
> important, not just for Iraq, but for the entire Middle East.

Do you mean the highly fraudulent elections in Afghanistan for a
president who will have no real power and would be killed in short order
except for US protection?

> I consider Israel to be the only democracy in the Middle East with the
> possible exception of Turkey. Hopefully, that will change soon as a result
> of American interference in the region.

ROTFLMFAO!!!! The conquest of Iraq will end up no better than the
imposition of the Shah on the Iranian people worked out in the long run.

[1] Ashcroft's roundup of Muslim nationals in the US after 9/11/2001
[2] Guantonomo Bay, Baghram, Diego Garcia, Abu Ghraib, etc.
[3] Someone, please tell me how a war can be fought against an abstract
noun, unless it is a "War Against Proper Use of the English Language".

--

G. Morgan wrote:

> On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 02:57:06 -0500 "Edward Dolan"
> used 33 lines of text to write in newsgroup:
> alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
>

>>Careful there Leuck. You are starting to step on my posts when they have
>>nothing to do with you. Either respond to the substance of what I say or I
>>will return the favor. If I do that, you and the rest of the group will not
>>like it much, but you already know what I think of you and the rest of the
>>group. This is the second time I have warned you about this. From now on
>>there will be instant retaliation. There is absolutely nothing that you can
>>say on any topic that I cannot think of something to say about what you say
>>and about you personally for good measure. Be warned!

> Hey Ed, is this you?
>
> http://learningcommons.evergreen.edu/institutes/resourceFac.asp?cID=6079

Mr. Ed is on the left of this picture:
<http://home.att.net/~moon/mr-ed5831pc.jpg>.

--

Elhanan Maayan wrote:

> ... and
> a large portion of it objects to our pm's actions on settlemetns
> evictions...

Removing the post 1967 Jewish settlement from the occupied territories
is the LEGAL and MORAL course.

>... in USA, both
> party have equel voices. one side cannot close the other side's mouth...

If the Bushites get their way, this will no longer be true. They view
any dissent as a terrorist act.

--

EVsolutions wrote:

> IF Israel is such a bad place for you, why not just emigrate to another
> country?...

Does Canada have vacancies if we end up with 4 more years of Bush II?

--

Edward Dolan wrote:

> "Elhanan Maayan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>but that's the whole point we CAN'T change it, you can. your
>>presidents elects the judges if i'm not mistaken not a scret comitte,
>>your media is open for comptetion, our is not. your D.A'S are elected
>>as well, ours are not.

> There can be differences in how democracies are arranged. The important
> thing, without getting into a lot of details, is that you have a democracy
> in Israel and you can change any of your institutions. Compare yourselves to
> the Arab regimes in your vicinity, not to the US and Europe which are all
> very mature democracies. After all, you are a nation under siege and have
> been your entire existence. Freedom and democracy can only flourish fully
> when the nation is at peace.

Israel is not a true democracy, since non-Jews have lesser rights (and
Arabs even less). Just like South Africa under apartheid.

>>you say you change things by elections, you'd be right, only problem
>>is, in our country, our Prime Minister is doing exactly the opposite
>>of what he was eleceted for, it's not the first time too. so it
>>doesn't matter who we elect they always end up doing what they want.
>>our prime minister's party, is the largest (we have more then 2), and
>>a large portion of it objects to our pm's actions on settlemetns
>>evictions, and acts against, wanting to return to there party's
>>offical line which got it elected in the first place. you know what
>>the called in the media ? rebels, nothing more nothing less, they
>>called rebels becouse they want to revert back to the truth and follow
>>blidnlinly after the 'leader', this just another example of the
>>distortion of concepts and truth we have the endure. in USA, both
>>party have equel voices. one side cannot close the other side's mouth

> The liberal media in this country is intent on doing just that. They cannot
> succeed however because we have a variety of institutions which prevent it.
> Nonetheless, the major media are a burden on this country. They exhibit
> liberal bias and it is increasing difficult to get the news out of them
> anymore. That is one of the reasons that talk radio has become so important
> in the US. It is an alternative to the major media.

Anyone who believes that the corporate owned, mainstream media in the US
is liberal either has no idea what the word means or has been listening
to too much right-wing propaganda. Mr. Dolan knows better, but likes to
be contentious.

>>oh btw, did i mention our pm and his famlity are under investigation
>>for financial loans and campagin contribution?, strangly this
>>investigation is also being dragged, and our pm's ideas about evicting
>>jews started around the time the investigation begun.
>>
>>change administration? sure, anytime you want actually since 1992, we
>>never had one single administration closing a 4 year term, in 10 years
>>we changed 4 prime ministers, each time from a different site left or
>>right, the policy of retreat remained the same however.

> Nothing ever changed in Sadaam's Iraq in all the years he was in power.
> Except that he slaughtered ever more and more of his people. I will take
> Israel's changing administrations of government any old day and twice on
> Sunday. You have a parliamentary system of democracy which is very different
> than the US presidential system.

Actually, most of the Iraqi's who died violent deaths under Hussein's
rule died fighting in the Iran-Iraq war or in the 1991 uprising when the
Shia's were urged to revolt against Hussein by Bush I, and then
abandoned when the US decided that a stable government under Hussein was
preferable to one composed of Shia clerics. The death toll outside these
two events is likely in the thousands, and definitely not in the
hundreds of thousands that the US government and media like to claim.
(Hundreds of thousands did die due to the deliberate destruction of
Iraqi water treatment facilities in 1991 by US forces and the following
sanctions that prevented rebuilding the facilities and obtaining
medicine to treat the waterborne diseases.)

--

Edward Dolan wrote:

> "BDK" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Edward Dolan Wrote:
>>
>>>"Elhanan Maayan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>news:[email protected]...
>>>[...]
>>>
>>>My God almighty! Riding any kind of a bike on the roads in Israel is
>>>positively suicidal. Don't you know those Arab Muslim bastards are
>>>trying to
>>>kill you? If you want to ride a bicycle, you had best think about
>>>emigrating
>>>to America. The only kind of vehicle I would want to be in in Israel is
>>>tank - and I would always shoot first and ask questions later.
>>>
>>>Death to the Muslim foe! And g.d. ****ing France all the way to hell
>>>and
>>>back while we are at it. And God bless Israel, the only civilized state
>>>in
>>>the entire Middle East!
>>>
>>>--
>>>Regards,
>>>
>>>Ed Dolan - Minnesota

>>Ed, tell us how you really feel...

>>BDK

> But wouldn't you for once in your life like to hear a high government
> official (like maybe the President) or a major figure in the media (like
> Bill O'Reilly) say precisely what I have just said above? I would
> immediately drop dead from the shock of it and so would everyone else in the
> country, yet that is surely what everyone is thinking.

Speak for yourself, Mr. Ed.

By the way, from personal experience it is possible to have both Jewish
and Muslim friends at the same time as long as they are both reasonable
people (as are the majority of both Jews and Muslims).

--

Edward Dolan wrote:

> "Bob Parnass" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:p[email protected]...
>
>>On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 02:38:03 -0700, Elhanan Maayan wrote:
>>

>>>i've recently been to a bike show in my city where first saw one these
>>>things.

>>Suggest you start reading this web site, devoted to
>>recumbent bikes and trikes:
>>
>> http://www.bentrideronline.com
>>
>>It has an excellent message board and a buyers' guide
>>which surveys many of the bents available.
>>
>>Have fun.

> Elhanan is not going to have any fun cycling in Israel. He is going to get
> himself killed. Most areas of the world are not suited for cycling because
> of cultural and other anomalies (like constant warfare and civil unrest).
> America and Western Europe are peculiar in this regard for being more or
> less civilized and so are suitable for cycling. Most of the rest of the
> world, including Israel, is not. It is not even safe to cycle in the cities
> of Israel, but it is suicidal to venture forth on the roads outside of the
> cities. Elhanan should completely forget about cycling. Maybe someday his
> children will be able to do something so simple which we in the West take
> for granted, but it is not for him, not now and not in Israel.

As long as there is the goal of a "Greater Israel" encompassing
everything west of the Jordan River, there will never be peace for
Israel. Hopefully the majority of Israelis will accept this (and insist
on an equitable settlement) before it is too late for both sides.

--
Tom Sherman - Curmudgeon and Pedant

"Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> EVsolutions wrote:
>
> > IF Israel is such a bad place for you, why not just emigrate to another
> > country?...

> Does Canada have vacancies if we end up with 4 more years of Bush II?
>
> --
> Tom Sherman - Curmudgeon and Pedant

You'll love the 7.1% unemployment rate, higher taxes and inefficient
healthcare. And last time I visited Toronto they had many SUV's and few bike
paths available :)

> Also from the mind of Ed Dolan: I, the personal pronoun, should always be
> capitalized. Instead you write it "i." How dumb is that?

In my opinion you must capitalize all of the you's and yours as well as
the My's and Mines. Or don't do them at all. But that is not how the
english language works so if i skip a capital here or there please
forgive me and get on with the topic at hand instead of changing to
the same old ****.

> I would take more time and effort with my posts if there weren't so many
> idiots on this group such as yourself. However, I do note a slight
> improvement lately in the quality of your posts. Keep up the good work and
> who knows - maybe some day I will allow you into the company of educated men
> and I will have to take you seriously.
>
> By the way, just because you are Canadian doesn't mean you have to think and
> act like an idiot all the time.

Just because you are American does not mean you have to be a blood
thirsty Bush drone who repeats the latest **** coming from the
republicans collective assholes. Learn to be an independant thinker
and i will allow you to walk with your head held high. :p

In article <wMncd.195191$wV.61922@attbi_s54>, Mark Leuck
<[email protected]> wrote:

> "Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > EVsolutions wrote:
> >
> > > IF Israel is such a bad place for you, why not just emigrate to another
> > > country?...

> > Does Canada have vacancies if we end up with 4 more years of Bush II?
> >
> > --
> > Tom Sherman - Curmudgeon and Pedant

> You'll love the 7.1% unemployment rate, higher taxes and inefficient
> healthcare. And last time I visited Toronto they had many SUV's and few bike
> paths available :)

Or you could move to the west coast where there are tons of bike trails
and bike lanes. Respect is given to the biker here. I rode my new
bike around downtown all day today with no problems. Healthcare isn't
perfect but its far superior to the lack there of in the USA. SUV's
are for dummies. Dummies are everywhere.

Mark Leuck wrote:

> "Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>EVsolutions wrote:
>>

>>>IF Israel is such a bad place for you, why not just emigrate to another
>>>country?...

>>Does Canada have vacancies if we end up with 4 more years of Bush II?
>>
>>--
>>Tom Sherman - Curmudgeon and Pedant

> You'll love the 7.1% unemployment rate, higher taxes and inefficient
> healthcare. And last time I visited Toronto they had many SUV's and few bike
> paths available :)

Single payer healthcare would be one of the main reasons to move. My
current employer provided plan costs me a considerable payroll
deduction, and does not provide for my current needs, unless you
consider $400+/month out of pocket to be adequate coverage.

--

Edward Dolan wrote:

> If I were a Jew I would be living in Israel like you and I would be fighting
> the good fight. Hang in there. Israel will come through in the end. We here
> in America are your only true friends in the world and we will stand by you
> come hell or high water.

Israel should make peace while it still has a nuclear weapons monopoly -
if not there will eventually be mutual destruction in the region.

The US is in decline and can not guarantee Israel's security forever.

--
Tom Sherman - Curmudgeon and Pedant

"Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Mark Leuck wrote:
>
> > "Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

> >>Does Canada have vacancies if we end up with 4 more years of Bush II?
> >>
> >>--
> >>Tom Sherman - Curmudgeon and Pedant

> > You'll love the 7.1% unemployment rate, higher taxes and inefficient
> > healthcare. And last time I visited Toronto they had many SUV's and few

bike
> > paths available :)

> Single payer healthcare would be one of the main reasons to move. My
> current employer provided plan costs me a considerable payroll
> deduction, and does not provide for my current needs, unless you
> consider $400+/month out of pocket to be adequate coverage.

Depends on the coverage and what your current needs are, mine isn't too bad
although I've had better when I worked for Westinghouse

Here's a nice page on Canada's excellent government health care coverage

http://www.angelfire.com/pa/sergeman/issues/healthcare/socialized.html#canada

"Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Edward Dolan wrote:

> > If I were a Jew I would be living in Israel like you and I would be

fighting
> > the good fight. Hang in there. Israel will come through in the end. We

here
> > in America are your only true friends in the world and we will stand by

you
> > come hell or high water.

> Israel should make peace while it still has a nuclear weapons monopoly -
> if not there will eventually be mutual destruction in the region.

The fear of mutual destruction kept the peace between the US and Russia for
almost 40 years, I see no reason to think Israel vs Iran would be any
different

> The US is in decline and can not guarantee Israel's security forever.

How is the US in decline, seems to me quite the opposite?

"Slugger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:161020042323560711%[email protected]...

>> Also from the mind of Ed Dolan: I, the personal pronoun, should always be
>> capitalized. Instead you write it "i." How dumb is that?

> In my opinion you must capitalize all of the you's and yours as well as
> the My's and Mines. Or don't do them at all. But that is not how the
> english language works so if i skip a capital here or there please
> forgive me and get on with the topic at hand instead of changing to
> the same old ****.

Also from the mind of Ed Dolan: I, the personal pronoun, should always be
capitalized. Instead you write it "i." How dumb is that?

By the way, your "opinion" does not mean **** when it come to how the
language is to be used.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Mark Leuck wrote:

> "Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Edward Dolan wrote:

>>>If I were a Jew I would be living in Israel like you and I would be

> fighting
>
>>>the good fight. Hang in there. Israel will come through in the end. We

> here
>
>>>in America are your only true friends in the world and we will stand by

> you
>
>>>come hell or high water.

>>Israel should make peace while it still has a nuclear weapons monopoly -
>>if not there will eventually be mutual destruction in the region.

> The fear of mutual destruction kept the peace between the US and Russia for
> almost 40 years, I see no reason to think Israel vs Iran would be any
> different

The US and the Soviet Union for obvious reason did not want nuclear war
- both countries were run by rational people. The religious fanatics on
both sides of the Israeli/Arab conflict are not so rational.

>>The US is in decline and can not guarantee Israel's security forever.

> How is the US in decline, seems to me quite the opposite?

The economic course as an increasing debtor nation, military spending
and foreign adventurism beyond the available means, the increasing
divide between rich and poor, the deterioration of infrastructure, and
the intellectual stagnation that are occurring are all signs of decline.
The US is also much less well prepared than Europe for the upcoming
fossil fuel scarcity.

Believing that the US will be in a pre-eminent position as a world
superpower with an effective veto on the actions of other nations 500
years from now is a rather large assumption.

However, based on precedent, the Arabs in the Middle East will remember
Israel's actions of the 20th and 21st Centuries in the 26th Century
(assuming human civilization survives that long).

--
Tom Sherman - Curmudgeon and Pedant

"Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Edward Dolan wrote:
>
>> "Elhanan Maayan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>
>>>but that's the whole point we CAN'T change it, you can. your
>>>presidents elects the judges if i'm not mistaken not a scret comitte,
>>>your media is open for comptetion, our is not. your D.A'S are elected
>>>as well, ours are not.

>> There can be differences in how democracies are arranged. The important
>> thing, without getting into a lot of details, is that you have a
>> democracy in Israel and you can change any of your institutions. Compare
>> yourselves to the Arab regimes in your vicinity, not to the US and Europe
>> which are all very mature democracies. After all, you are a nation under
>> siege and have been your entire existence. Freedom and democracy can only
>> flourish fully when the nation is at peace.

> Israel is not a true democracy, since non-Jews have lesser rights (and
> Arabs even less). Just like South Africa under apartheid.

Israel ought not to be for anyone other than Jews. All non-Jews, and most
especially Arabs, would have to go. Elementary, my dear Watson!

>>>you say you change things by elections, you'd be right, only problem
>>>is, in our country, our Prime Minister is doing exactly the opposite
>>>of what he was eleceted for, it's not the first time too. so it
>>>doesn't matter who we elect they always end up doing what they want.
>>>our prime minister's party, is the largest (we have more then 2), and
>>>a large portion of it objects to our pm's actions on settlemetns
>>>evictions, and acts against, wanting to return to there party's
>>>offical line which got it elected in the first place. you know what
>>>the called in the media ? rebels, nothing more nothing less, they
>>>called rebels becouse they want to revert back to the truth and follow
>>>blidnlinly after the 'leader', this just another example of the
>>>distortion of concepts and truth we have the endure. in USA, both
>>>party have equel voices. one side cannot close the other side's mouth

>> The liberal media in this country is intent on doing just that. They
>> cannot succeed however because we have a variety of institutions which
>> prevent it. Nonetheless, the major media are a burden on this country.
>> They exhibit liberal bias and it is increasing difficult to get the news
>> out of them anymore. That is one of the reasons that talk radio has
>> become so important in the US. It is an alternative to the major media.

> Anyone who believes that the corporate owned, mainstream media in the US
> is liberal either has no idea what the word means or has been listening to
> too much right-wing propaganda. Mr. Dolan knows better, but likes to be
> contentious.

The liberal-conservative spectrum always relates to a particular time and a
particular place. To broaden it too much causes nothing but confusion. We
all of us here in America know what is meant by liberalism and conservatism.
It is Mr. Sherman who is trying to obfuscate things. Liberals do this sort
of thing constantly because they no longer like the term liberal, although
it describes them perfectly. Kerry is one and Bush is not one. Elementary,
my dear Watson!

>>>oh btw, did i mention our pm and his famlity are under investigation
>>>for financial loans and campagin contribution?, strangly this
>>>investigation is also being dragged, and our pm's ideas about evicting
>>>jews started around the time the investigation begun.
>>>
>>>change administration? sure, anytime you want actually since 1992, we
>>>never had one single administration closing a 4 year term, in 10 years
>>>we changed 4 prime ministers, each time from a different site left or
>>>right, the policy of retreat remained the same however.

>> Nothing ever changed in Sadaam's Iraq in all the years he was in power.
>> Except that he slaughtered ever more and more of his people. I will take
>> Israel's changing administrations of government any old day and twice on
>> Sunday. You have a parliamentary system of democracy which is very
>> different than the US presidential system.

> Actually, most of the Iraqi's who died violent deaths under Hussein's rule
> died fighting in the Iran-Iraq war or in the 1991 uprising when the Shia's
> were urged to revolt against Hussein by Bush I, and then abandoned when
> the US decided that a stable government under Hussein was preferable to
> one composed of Shia clerics. The death toll outside these two events is
> likely in the thousands, and definitely not in the hundreds of thousands
> that the US government and media like to claim.
> (Hundreds of thousands did die due to the deliberate destruction of Iraqi
> water treatment facilities in 1991 by US forces and the following
> sanctions that prevented rebuilding the facilities and obtaining medicine
> to treat the waterborne diseases.)

The bottom line is that we did not kill nearly enough of them, as witness
this insurgency which we are now having to put down. These insurgents should
all have been slaughtered on the battlefield, but instead they ran and hid
like the cowards they are. No one can stand up to U.S. military might. That
is the way I like it and that is the way I want to keep it.

Sadaam Hussein was a mass murderer and they are still digging up gravesites
where thousands of bodies were dumped. As always, your points totally escape
me.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

"Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Elhanan Maayan wrote:
>
>> ... and
>> a large portion of it objects to our pm's actions on settlemetns
>> evictions...

> Removing the post 1967 Jewish settlement from the occupied territories is
> the LEGAL and MORAL course.

If the Palestinians are not going to be forcibly removed from Gaza, then it
is the PRUDENT course to remove the Jewish settlements from there. The West
Bank is a totally different story.

>>... in USA, both
>> party have equel voices. one side cannot close the other side's mouth...

> If the Bushites get their way, this will no longer be true. They view any
> dissent as a terrorist act.

Straight from Cuckoo-land! Mr. Sherman needs to get off of all those liberal
hate Bush web sites.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Edward Dolan wrote:

> The bottom line is that we did not kill nearly enough of them, as witness
> this insurgency which we are now having to put down. These insurgents should
> all have been slaughtered on the battlefield, but instead they ran and hid
> like the cowards they are. No one can stand up to U.S. military might. That
> is the way I like it and that is the way I want to keep it....

Yet all the military might is nearly useless against a few thousand
occupation resistance fighters equipped only with small arms. The US has
won the battles in Iraq, but will lose the war (just like Vietnam).

Colonialism is dead. Accept it.

--
Tom Sherman - Curmudgeon and Pedant