just how much food is needed to ride?

> Kathleen wrote:
> > bomba wrote:
> >

> >> GQ bomba says: You basically look like a young, good-looking guy trying to disguise himself as
> >> a 40 year old teacher. <snip>
> >

> > As a 40 year-old teacher, I resent that.
>
> Yeah, but you dont have the "I'm a lurking pedaphile" look going for you.

do i really look like that??
--
~Travis

Technician wrote:

>>Yeah, but you dont have the "I'm a lurking pedaphile" look going for you.
> do i really look like that??

yes.

BB <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> On 21 May 2003 11:50:02 -0700, jonkoot wrote:
> > you dont wanna be called dirty names, quit callin me dirty names what comes around goes around
> > and that is the basis of respect .suit your selfs.
>
> Which one of my selfs should I suit?
>
> To .suit yourself, do you do it in hiding? (someone's bound to get that)

<!-- jonkoot totally sucks!!! -->

/s

bomba wrote:
> Kathleen wrote:
>
>>> You basically look like a young, good-looking guy trying to disguise himself as a 40 year old
>>> teacher. <snip>
>>

>> As a 40 year-old teacher, I resent that.
>

> Why? Do you see yourself as indicative of the 40 year old male teacher look?
>
> </digging deeper>

You didn't say "male", not initially.

And frankly, I don't think I'm especially typical of any career or group. Anywhere you classify me,
I'm pretty much bound to be an outlier. I like it that way. Rather than worrying about being a round
peg in a square hole, I do my best to avoid being pounded into any holes at all - prevents a lot of
broken hammers...

Kathleen

ClydesdaleMTB wrote:

> Kathleen wrote:
>
>> bomba wrote:
>>

>>> GQ bomba says: You basically look like a young, good-looking guy trying to disguise himself as a
>>> 40 year old teacher. <snip>
>>

>> As a 40 year-old teacher, I resent that.
>

> Yeah, but you dont have the "I'm a lurking pedaphile" look going for you.

Nope, but I must have the "I'm a patsy, hit me up for a pass to go to the bathroom/nurses
office/back to the cafeteria - 40 times a day" type of look about me.

"ARGH!!!! All right, now we're all going to take a potty break together RIGHT NOW. DO NOT come up to
me and ask to go to the bathroom 5 minutes after we get back to class because you forgot to go while
we were all there. And the next one who tells me "it's a 'mergency", is going to get a note sent
home to your mother telling her you need to go to the doctor for a check up to find out why you have
to pee every ten minutes. Everybody got that? Are we all clear on this?"

Kathleen In favor of in-class litter boxes for first graders.

Technician wrote:

>>Kathleen wrote:

>>>As a 40 year-old teacher, I resent that.
>>
>>Yeah, but you dont have the "I'm a lurking pedaphile" look going for you.
>>

> do i really look like that??

Yes. Locally, I've heard that style of lip hair described as a "child molestor mustache". Like I
said, creepy. If I so much as saw you talking to young kids at a mall or a pool, I'd feel obliged to
give security a heads-up. Ditch the damned thing.

As for the hair, #4 buzz cut. Even a senile barber can't do much wrong with that. Except maybe
forgetting to put the guard on...

Kathleen wrote:

>> Why? Do you see yourself as indicative of the 40 year old male teacher look?
>>
>> </digging deeper>
>>

> You didn't say "male", not initially.

Well, no female teacher I've ever had has had a 'tache that prolific (couple of close calls, mind),
so I thought 'male' was a given.

> And frankly, I don't think I'm especially typical of any career or group. Anywhere you classify
> me, I'm pretty much bound to be an outlier. I like it that way. Rather than worrying about being a
> round peg in a square hole, I do my best to avoid being pounded into any holes at all - prevents a
> lot of broken hammers...

Figured you weren't. But you see the stereotype I was aiming for? I don't know, maybe it was just me
who had teachers that looked like that (elbow patches, pens in the top pocket...)

> ClydesdaleMTB wrote:
> >

> > Kathleen wrote:

> >> As a 40 year-old teacher, I resent that.
> >

> > Yeah, but you dont have the "I'm a lurking pedaphile" look going for you.
> >

> Nope, but I must have the "I'm a patsy, hit me up for a pass to go to the bathroom/nurses
> office/back to the cafeteria - 40 times a day" type of look about me.
<snip>
> In favor of in-class litter boxes for first graders.

my 1st grade teacher had this fig tree that just wouldn't grow.

If i recall me and 4 other kids may have had something to do with it.
--
~Travis

> Technician wrote:

> >>Yeah, but you dont have the "I'm a lurking pedaphile" look going for you.
> >>

> > do i really look like that??
>
> Yes. Locally, I've heard that style of lip hair described as a "child molestor mustache". Like I
> said, creepy. If I so much as saw you talking to young kids at a mall or a pool, I'd feel obliged
> to give security a heads-up. Ditch the damned thing.

the stache is gone, pending final shaving (when the bathroom is free). i must say, it does change
the look of my face. i think it has been, well, quite a few years since i have even seen my upper
lip. i keep getting these "ghost hairs" tickling my nose. must be like the feeling when a guy with
an amputated arm gets an itch on his hand.

> As for the hair, #4 buzz cut. Even a senile barber can't do much wrong with that. Except maybe
> forgetting to put the guard on...

Hmm, i seem to associate a buzz cut with teenagers (younger than 15), and so i don't think i would
like it. i'll have to check out a few styles to see what fits the person i want to be. perhaps just
a real short (longer than a buzz, shorter than a "regular") cut. something that needs no combing,
and thus strikes off in it's own direction, while looking good.

something a little like this... http://www.new-hair-styles.com/photos/mens/mlarge8.jpg

I assume after getting some of the roundness out of my face it would look a little like that guys
too. just add a bigger nose, ears, and a less pronounced cheek bone. but then, maybe i just have a
slightly round face.
--
~Travis

"Kathleen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> bomba wrote:
>

> > GQ bomba says: You basically look like a young, good-looking guy trying to disguise himself as a
> > 40 year old teacher. <snip>
>
> As a 40 year-old teacher, I resent that.
>
> Kathleen

Cue the VH Hot for teacher drum intro...

Matt (no offense)

In article <[email protected]>, travis57 @nospam.megalink.net says...
> > Technician wrote:
> > > In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...

> > > do i really look like that??
> >
> > Yes. Locally, I've heard that style of lip hair described as a "child molestor mustache". Like I
> > said, creepy. If I so much as saw you talking to young kids at a mall or a pool, I'd feel
> > obliged to give security a heads-up. Ditch the damned thing.
> >

> the stache is gone, pending final shaving (when the bathroom is free). i must say, it does change
> the look of my face. i think it has been, well, quite a few years since i have even seen my upper
> lip. i keep getting these "ghost hairs" tickling my nose. must be like the feeling when a guy with
> an amputated arm gets an itch on his hand.

learned something new today. shaving the upper lip is rather difficult. that and typing with one
hand while the other hold a piece of toilet paper to my upper lip to prevent the need for a blood
transfusion.

skin that has never had the blade of a razer touch it seems to be fairly prone to cuts.

Now, pending blood clotting, and a cleaning to remove dried blood, i'll see about an "after" pic to
go with the "before" pic previously posted.
--
~Travis

Technician wrote:

>>As for the hair, #4 buzz cut. Even a senile barber can't do much wrong with that. Except maybe
>>forgetting to put the guard on...
>>
> Hmm, i seem to associate a buzz cut with teenagers (younger than 15), and so i don't think i
> would like it. i'll have to check out a few styles to see what fits the person i want to be.
> perhaps just a real short (longer than a buzz, shorter than a "regular") cut. something that
> needs no combing, and thus strikes off in it's own direction, while looking good.

A #4 buzz cut sounds about right - it's a fair bit longer than your standard buzz cut. Hair is
shaved according to numbers; #0 is 0mm, #1 is 3mm, #2 is 6mm, #3 is 9mm and a #4 is 12mm.

> something a little like this... http://www.new-hair-styles.com/photos/mens/mlarge8.jpg

Nice choice. Take the pic with you to the stylist and ask their opinion
- they'll help you to decide if it'll work for you.

Technician wrote:

> i keep getting these "ghost hairs" tickling my nose. must be like the feeling when a guy with an
> amputated arm gets an itch on his hand.

wait till you go outside tomorrow orning, and can feel your breath on yout top lip, very freaky!

RE/
>I tend to believe this; I've noticed that after rides with lots and lots of steep climbs, my
>metabolism is still stoked several hours after the ride.

I tried keeping up with some guy that was about 27 years younger than me the other day. After about
an hour I realized I was almost 2 hours from home, so I cut it off. Didn't get home 'till about 8.

That kept my motor running until almost 1 in the morining.

Getting back on-thread, I'm pretty sure that one of the recognized effects of regular endurance
training is an increase in the body's ability to maintain it's current weight by burning off the
excess after an occasional pig-out. When I'm in what I think of as decent shape and occasionally
find myself sitting in front of the TV with a mostly-empty half-gallon of ice cream in my lap....
that night, I'll be really warm and my heart will be thumping away for several hours. My guess is
that it's dealing with the excess by somehow burning it off "riding stationary" so-to-speak.
-----------------------
PeteCresswell

> Technician wrote:
>
> > i keep getting
> > these "ghost hairs" tickling my nose. must be like the feeling when a guy with an amputated arm
> > gets an itch on his hand.
>
> wait till you go outside tomorrow orning, and can feel your breath on yout top lip, very freaky!

Ha, breath nothing. my first sip of fizzy soda from a glass. a tingly sensation last known in
childhood and early teens.
--
~Travis

bomba wrote:
> Technician wrote:
>
> >>As for the hair, #4 buzz cut. Even a senile barber can't do much wrong with that. Except maybe
> >>forgetting to put the guard on...
> >>

>> Hmm, i seem to associate a buzz cut with teenagers (younger than 15), and so i don't think i
>> would like it. i'll have to check out a few styles to see what fits the person i want to be.
>> perhaps just a real short (longer than a buzz, shorter than a "regular") cut. something that
>> needs no combing, and thus strikes off in it's own direction, while looking good.
>

> A #4 buzz cut sounds about right - it's a fair bit longer than your standard buzz cut. Hair is
> shaved according to numbers; #0 is 0mm, #1 is 3mm, #2 is 6mm, #3 is 9mm and a #4 is 12mm.
>
>> something a little like this... http://www.new-hair-styles.com/photos/mens/mlarge8.jpg
>

> Nice choice. Take the pic with you to the stylist and ask their opinion
> - they'll help you to decide if it'll work for you.

Ask for a #2 or 3 on the sides and maybe a #4 or 5 on top. That'll give you enough length to where
it'll lay fairly flat if you want it to, but you'll still be able to spike it up if you feel like
messing with it. You need gel or mousse to get it to stand up like in the picture.

Kathleen

> what about going to a aeronautical university consisting of about 50 - 75% military folk? just got
> my info from Embry-Riddle. looks like it may just be what i was looking for as it is a field that
> can span quite a few of my interests. and according to the Center director, i can even go for the
> "Bachelor of Science in Professional Aeronautics, with a minor in Aviation Safety, thus receiving
> an AMT". not sure what that is but it sounds impressive.

Hey, did you ever contact the local airport to see if you could assist with an annual?

(Pete Cresswell) <[email protected]> wrote in message news:eek:[email protected]...

> Getting back on-thread, I'm pretty sure that one of the recognized effects
of
> regular endurance training is an increase in the body's ability to
maintain it's
> current weight by burning off the excess after an occasional pig-out.
When I'm
> in what I think of as decent shape and occasionally find myself sitting in
front
> of the TV with a mostly-empty half-gallon of ice cream in my lap.... that
night,
> I'll be really warm and my heart will be thumping away for several hours.
My
> guess is that it's dealing with the excess by somehow burning it off
"riding
> stationary" so-to-speak.

Yep, same here - if I eat a lot then get in bed, I nearly spontaneously combust. If I don't eat a
lot, I still generate one hell of a lot of heat. Suppose that's why I'm 6'1" and about 155-160 lb's.

Shaun aRe - I'm happy ',;~}~