Just Joined

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Kelly, Jan 26, 2004.

  1. Kelly

    Kelly Guest

    I just joined weight watchers this morning.. After, way too long and many a fad that never worked
    and I always ended up fatter within a month then when I started.. But, am very committed and keen..
    Your NG looks really good and very helpful, so I hope to learn a lot from you all..

    I weighed in at massive 133.5kg or 293.7lbs... (I have decided that by telling my weight, I may
    actually be embarassed enough by this to be fully committed to reducing this in a big)..

    So here's to a really good week and next few years of weight loss..

    Tags:

  2. Wannablean

    Wannablean Guest

    Welcome Kelly!
    "Kelly" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I just joined weight watchers this morning.. After, way too long and many
    > fad that never worked and I always ended up fatter within a month then
    when
    > I started.. But, am very committed and keen.. Your NG looks really good
    and
    > very helpful, so I hope to learn a lot from you all..
    >
    > I weighed in at massive 133.5kg or 293.7lbs... (I have decided that by telling my weight, I may
    > actually be embarassed enough by this to be fully committed to reducing this in a big)..
    >
    > So here's to a really good week and next few years of weight loss..

  3. Nathalie W

    Nathalie W Guest

    Welcome Kelly, and good luck ! The first thing I did when I came here was
    telling my weight also, and this group is still the only place where I have
    told it. We started at about the same weight, so have a look at my stats to
    see that it can be done. I 'm not finished yet, but making good progress :)
    --
    Nathalie from Belgium
    134.1/104.2/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
    134/1.105/212 lbs "Kelly" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I just joined weight watchers this morning.. After, way too long and many
    > fad that never worked and I always ended up fatter within a month then
    when
    > I started.. But, am very committed and keen.. Your NG looks really good
    and
    > very helpful, so I hope to learn a lot from you all..
    >
    > I weighed in at massive 133.5kg or 293.7lbs... (I have decided that by telling my weight, I may
    > actually be embarassed enough by this to be fully committed to reducing this in a big)..
    >
    > So here's to a really good week and next few years of weight loss..

  4. Fred

    Fred Guest

    Welcome and best of luck. The program does work if you follow it. And remember, blowing it one day
    is not the end of the world, it is the start of the next day of being on program.

    Fred
    219.2/160./164.0 (Lifetime) Started WW: Oct 29, 2002

    On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 15:54:10 +1100, "Kelly" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I just joined weight watchers this morning.. After, way too long and many a fad that never worked
    >and I always ended up fatter within a month then when I started.. But, am very committed and keen..
    >Your NG looks really good and very helpful, so I hope to learn a lot from you all..
    >
    >I weighed in at massive 133.5kg or 293.7lbs... (I have decided that by telling my weight, I may
    >actually be embarassed enough by this to be fully committed to reducing this in a big)..
    >
    >So here's to a really good week and next few years of weight loss..

  5. Joyce

    Joyce Guest

    Welcome to our little corner of the world, Kelly! I hope you find as much enjoyment, help,
    encouragement, motivation and knowledge in this group as I have. Don't ever be embarrassed about
    your weight when visiting ... we've all come to realize that it is only a number - not who or what
    we are (despite what others may think). That number may also be looked at as a good thing! It is
    exactly what pushed me into starting on my journey towards a healthier lifestyle and a healthier me.
    Anything that accomplishes THAT goal can't be all bad, can it? <grin> Now all the hard work I went
    through it what is keeping me from returning to that number again (I am very hopeful).

    Good luck on your journey.

    Joyce WW starting weight: 228.8 - 2/5/02 current weight: 130 total loss: 98.8 Lifetime: 4/4/03

    On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 15:54:10 +1100, "Kelly" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I just joined weight watchers this morning.. After, way too long and many a fad that never worked
    >and I always ended up fatter within a month then when I started.. But, am very committed and keen..
    >Your NG looks really good and very helpful, so I hope to learn a lot from you all..
    >
    >I weighed in at massive 133.5kg or 293.7lbs... (I have decided that by telling my weight, I may
    >actually be embarassed enough by this to be fully committed to reducing this in a big)..
    >
    >So here's to a really good week and next few years of weight loss..

  6. Connie Walsh

    Connie Walsh Guest

    Kelly:

    Welcome to our ng!!! Congrats on taking the first step. I encourage you to keep using this ng as
    a resource.

    We have some challenges that you may want to take part in. Here is the websites for the two current
    challenges

    Take Heart, Take Part Exercise Challenge (THTP) http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/thtp.htm

    Resolutions are for Losers Weight Challenge (RAFL) http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/rafl.htm

    Connie
    --

    Cheers,

    Connie Walsh

    241.5/208.5/155 RAFL 210.5/208.5/198.5

    Kelly wrote:
    > I just joined weight watchers this morning.. After, way too long and many a fad that never worked
    > and I always ended up fatter within a month then when I started.. But, am very committed and
    > keen.. Your NG looks really good and very helpful, so I hope to learn a lot from you all..
    >
    > I weighed in at massive 133.5kg or 293.7lbs... (I have decided that by telling my weight, I may
    > actually be embarassed enough by this to be fully committed to reducing this in a big)..
    >
    > So here's to a really good week and next few years of weight loss..

  7. Kate Dicey

    Kate Dicey Guest

    Kelly wrote:

    > I just joined weight watchers this morning.. After, way too long and many a fad that never worked
    > and I always ended up fatter within a month then when I started.. But, am very committed and
    > keen.. Your NG looks really good and very helpful, so I hope to learn a lot from you all..
    >
    > I weighed in at massive 133.5kg or 293.7lbs... (I have decided that by telling my weight, I may
    > actually be embarassed enough by this to be fully committed to reducing this in a big)..
    >
    > So here's to a really good week and next few years of weight loss..

    What a great attitude! You may have a long way to go, but we will help you every way we can.

    Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

  8. Lesanne

    Lesanne Guest

    Welcome Kelly! This Works!

    "Kelly" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I just joined weight watchers this morning.. After, way too long and many
    > fad that never worked and I always ended up fatter within a month then
    when
    > I started.. But, am very committed and keen.. Your NG looks really good
    and
    > very helpful, so I hope to learn a lot from you all..
    >
    > I weighed in at massive 133.5kg or 293.7lbs... (I have decided that by telling my weight, I may
    > actually be embarassed enough by this to be fully committed to reducing this in a big)..
    >
    > So here's to a really good week and next few years of weight loss..

  9. Limeyno1

    Limeyno1 Guest

    Welcome Kelly, don't be embarrassed, there are a lot more like you and some who don't wish to do
    anything about it.

    --
    Helen

    Thanks be unto God for His wonderful gift: Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God is the object
    of our faith; the only faith that saves is faith in Him

    <>< ><> www.peagramfamily.com http://www.mompeagram.homestead.com/

    http://www.mompeagram.homestead.com/MY_WEIGHT_WATCHERS.html

    http://www.mompeagram.homestead.com/RECIPES.html

    [email protected]

    225/190/145

    "Kelly" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I just joined weight watchers this morning.. After, way too long and many
    > fad that never worked and I always ended up fatter within a month then
    when
    > I started.. But, am very committed and keen.. Your NG looks really good
    and
    > very helpful, so I hope to learn a lot from you all..
    >
    > I weighed in at massive 133.5kg or 293.7lbs... (I have decided that by telling my weight, I may
    > actually be embarassed enough by this to be fully committed to reducing this in a big)..
    >
    > So here's to a really good week and next few years of weight loss..

  10. Hi, Kelly, I hope you like WW as much as I do. I have been a member for 5 years. It was one of the
    best decisions I ever made.

    --
    Take Care Catherine
    154/135.8/136 Lifetime 6/99 Next personal goal 133.2

    "Kelly" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I just joined weight watchers this morning.. After, way too long and many
    > fad that never worked and I always ended up fatter within a month then
    when
    > I started.. But, am very committed and keen.. Your NG looks really good
    and
    > very helpful, so I hope to learn a lot from you all..
    >
    > I weighed in at massive 133.5kg or 293.7lbs... (I have decided that by telling my weight, I may
    > actually be embarassed enough by this to be fully committed to reducing this in a big)..
    >
    > So here's to a really good week and next few years of weight loss..

  11. Welcome aboard, Kelly. You'll love the program - able to eat almost anything but of course with
    portion control. Hope you enjoy it as much as I have! Elaine K

    Kelly wrote:

    >I just joined weight watchers this morning.. After, way too long and many a fad that never worked
    >and I always ended up fatter within a month then when I started.. But, am very committed and keen..
    >Your NG looks really good and very helpful, so I hope to learn a lot from you all..
    >
    >I weighed in at massive 133.5kg or 293.7lbs... (I have decided that by telling my weight, I may
    >actually be embarassed enough by this to be fully committed to reducing this in a big)..
    >
    >So here's to a really good week and next few years of weight loss..

  12. Ray Miller

    Ray Miller Guest

    On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 15:54:10 +1100, "Kelly" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I just joined weight watchers this morning.. After, way too long and many a fad that never worked
    >and I always ended up fatter within a month then when I started.. But, am very committed and keen..
    >Your NG looks really good and very helpful, so I hope to learn a lot from you all..
    >
    >I weighed in at massive 133.5kg or 293.7lbs... (I have decided that by telling my weight, I may
    >actually be embarassed enough by this to be fully committed to reducing this in a big)..
    >
    >So here's to a really good week and next few years of weight loss..

    Great place to start.

    Make sure you get some nice 'before' pics now and they'll inspire you as you go.

    Good luck

    Ray
    --
    rmnsuk overall - 273/207/182

  13. Julieb

    Julieb Guest

    Congratulations on making that first step Kelly. I see you're
    Australian (optusnet?). So am I :) Here's the official welcome
    notice:

    Welcome to this great newsgroup where you'll receive lots of support, advice, and encouragement.
    Once a week on Sundays, I post a list of links that newcomers to asdww might find useful. You may
    want to look for that later in the week, or do a backwards search for last Sunday's post.

    In the meantime, here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ our welcome notice:
    http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html

    Frequently seen acronyms on this NG: NSV = Non-Scale Victory WOE = Way of Eating WOL = Way of Life
    (Living) OP = on Points or On Program DH = Dear or Darling Husband
    DS/DD/DGD/etc = Dear or Darling Son, Daughter, Granddaughter, etc WI = Weigh-in

    Amberle3's Challenges:

    THTP - Take Heart, Take Part Exercise Challenge: http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/thtp.htm

    RafL - Resolutions are for Losers Weight Loss Challenge:
    http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/rafl.htm

    Other acronyms: http://www.wwlissa.com/dwlz100+/100+acronyms.htm

    Here's a short synopsis of the FlexPoints (US) system by Joyce -

    How many points you can eat is only based on your current weight, as you lose weight those points
    allowed will decrease (logic is that your body will need less to operate). At 183 pounds and based
    on the new US flexpoints system, you will have a set point target of 24. In addition to this you are
    allowed 35 flexpoints to be used throughout the week ... as well as any activity points you earn on
    a particular day. When your weight drops to 175, your target drops to 22 points ... weight reaches
    150, target once again drop to 20 points. 3 servings of dairy of recommended per day, 5 servings of
    fruit and veggies, minimum of 6 glasses of water.

    To calculate food and activity points, I love this computer desktop calculator ...
    http://www.xmission.com/~zythra/downloads/points.exe

    WW suggests your ideal weight should be somewhere between 116 and 145 depending on your age.

    The basic plan is easy. Eat at least your minimum daily number of points. Points do not carry over
    from day to day. You are allotted 35 weekly flexpoints to be used at your discretion ... can divide
    them up and use daily (would be an additional 5 points per day) or save them and use them for a
    special occassion during the week. Activity points are earned based when exercising, but can ONLY be
    used on the day they are earned.

    If you can afford $15/month, the online ww program might be a great thing for you to look into.
    There is lots of information available, as well as the food point database and journaling system.

    Joyce WW starting weight: 228.8 - 2/5/02 current weight: 133.3 Lifetime: 4/4/03

    Disclaimer: As an unmoderated Usenet newsgroup, asdww is unusual in that most of the people who
    participate are respectful, considerate folks who freely share their experience with and knowledge
    of WW, weight loss, and maintenance. Yet occasionally, spammers, trolls, and flamers show up to post
    advertising, false information, insults, and the like. Nearly all of the time, people like this are
    just trying to yank someone's chain. Most of the regulars on this newsgroup offer their experience
    as a suggestion to try if you're stuck, but are quick to advise that each person has to find what
    works for him/herself. If someone posts something that doesn't sound right to you, ask the
    newsgroup, ask your WW leader, or ask your health professional.

    Much success on your weight loss journey! WW works!

    --
    Julie.
    93.5/72.3/74 (WW)/72 (Personal) kg

    "Kelly" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > I just joined weight watchers this morning.. After, way too long and many a fad that never worked
    > and I always ended up fatter within a month then when I started.. But, am very committed and
    > keen.. Your NG looks really good and very helpful, so I hope to learn a lot from you all..
    >
    > I weighed in at massive 133.5kg or 293.7lbs... (I have decided that by telling my weight, I may
    > actually be embarassed enough by this to be fully committed to reducing this in a big)..
    >
    > So here's to a really good week and next few years of weight loss..

  14. welcome and good luck, Lee
    Kelly <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I just joined weight watchers this morning.. After, way too long and many
    > fad that never worked and I always ended up fatter within a month then
    when
    > I started.. But, am very committed and keen.. Your NG looks really good
    and
    > very helpful, so I hope to learn a lot from you all..
    >
    > I weighed in at massive 133.5kg or 293.7lbs... (I have decided that by telling my weight, I may
    > actually be embarassed enough by this to be fully committed to reducing this in a big)..
    >
    > So here's to a really good week and next few years of weight loss..

  15. Kelly

    Kelly Guest

    thank you everyone for being so welcoming and offering some good beginner tips..

    --
    "Kelly" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I just joined weight watchers this morning.. After, way too long and many
    > fad that never worked and I always ended up fatter within a month then
    when
    > I started.. But, am very committed and keen.. Your NG looks really good
    and
    > very helpful, so I hope to learn a lot from you all..
    >
    > I weighed in at massive 133.5kg or 293.7lbs... (I have decided that by telling my weight, I may
    > actually be embarassed enough by this to be fully committed to reducing this in a big)..
    >
    > So here's to a really good week and next few years of weight loss..

  16. Kristin

    Kristin Guest

    Hi and welcome, Kelly. Never be embarassed at your weight, I know, easy for
    me to say, but seriously... we are all in this together. I want to wish you
    good luck on WW. It sounds like you have a great attitude so I wish you
    well. :)

    --

    ~Kristin O~
    272/240.8/172

    "Kelly" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I just joined weight watchers this morning.. After, way too long and many
    > fad that never worked and I always ended up fatter within a month then
    when
    > I started.. But, am very committed and keen.. Your NG looks really good
    and
    > very helpful, so I hope to learn a lot from you all..
    >
    > I weighed in at massive 133.5kg or 293.7lbs... (I have decided that by telling my weight, I may
    > actually be embarassed enough by this to be fully committed to reducing this in a big)..
    >
    > So here's to a really good week and next few years of weight loss..

  17. Fred, I needed that reminder. Completely blew it yesterday. Our quilt guild meets at the local
    senior citizens center. They served lunch yesterday - chicken fried steak, baked potatoes, etc.,
    etc. I did eat salad (which consisted of lettuce & three kinds of melon), but still had way to much
    stuff I didn't need. I told her just a little butter on my potato & she put a whole scoop - don't
    know what she would consider a lot, considering what she thought was a little! Today, I'm going to
    get back on track.
    --
    Donna in Idaho! Project Linus Boise/SW Idaho Coordinator Website: http://donnakwilts.tripod.com/ The
    ultimate inspiration is the deadline!

    Remove ".remove.invalid" to reply

    > Welcome and best of luck. The program does work if you follow it. And remember, blowing it one day
    > is not the end of the world, it is the start of the next day of being on program.
    >
    > Fred
    > 219.2/160./164.0 (Lifetime) Started WW: Oct 29, 2002
    >
    > On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 15:54:10 +1100, "Kelly" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >I just joined weight watchers this morning.. After, way too long and
    many a
    > >fad that never worked and I always ended up fatter within a month then
    when
    > >I started.. But, am very committed and keen.. Your NG looks really good
    and
    > >very helpful, so I hope to learn a lot from you all..
    > >
    > >I weighed in at massive 133.5kg or 293.7lbs... (I have decided that by telling my weight, I may
    > >actually be embarassed enough by this to be
    fully
    > >committed to reducing this in a big)..
    > >
    > >So here's to a really good week and next few years of weight loss..

  18. Ray Miller

    Ray Miller Guest

    >Don't ever be embarrassed about your weight when visiting

    I agree. We are all somewhere along the continuum from obese to skinny, but we have realized we have
    a problem and are doing something about it.

    Ray
    --
    rmnsuk overall - 273/207/182

  19. Wannablean

    Wannablean Guest

    Joyce, THAT is an EXCELLENT post. I'm going to print it out and tape it to
    my desk! (If you don't mind.) I was feeling a little discouraged about still
    having 100 pounds to lose and your post made me feel so much better. Thank
    you.
    "Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Welcome to our little corner of the world, Kelly! I hope you find as much enjoyment, help,
    > encouragement, motivation and knowledge in this group as
    I have.
    > Don't ever be embarrassed about your weight when visiting ... we've all
    come to
    > realize that it is only a number - not who or what we are (despite what
    others may
    > think). That number may also be looked at as a good thing! It is exactly
    what
    > pushed me into starting on my journey towards a healthier lifestyle and a healthier me. Anything
    > that accomplishes THAT goal can't be all bad, can
    it?
    > <grin> Now all the hard work I went through it what is keeping me from
    returning
    > to that number again (I am very hopeful).
    >
    > Good luck on your journey.
    >
    > Joyce WW starting weight: 228.8 - 2/5/02 current weight: 130 total loss: 98.8 Lifetime: 4/4/03
    >

    > On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 15:54:10 +1100, "Kelly" <[email protected]m> wrote:
    >
    > >I just joined weight watchers this morning.. After, way too long and
    many a
    > >fad that never worked and I always ended up fatter within a month then
    when
    > >I started.. But, am very committed and keen.. Your NG looks really good
    and
    > >very helpful, so I hope to learn a lot from you all..
    > >
    > >I weighed in at massive 133.5kg or 293.7lbs... (I have decided that by telling my weight, I may
    > >actually be embarassed enough by this to be
    fully
    > >committed to reducing this in a big)..
    > >
    > >So here's to a really good week and next few years of weight loss..

  20. Charlie

    Charlie Guest

    Welcome... This is our own little world where everybody helps everybody. This is one of those places
    where it is good to lose something and never find it again. Or you can look at it like a place to
    take stuff off and not worry about what others think...

    Welcome..

    Charlie