Just like "normal" people?

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Beth Friedman, Jan 22, 2006.

  1. I put on a few pounds in the last month. Maybe a couple over the
    holidays, plus a few more from discovering a really good
    all-you-can-eat Chinese buffet not too far from me.

    I'm now doing the traditional post-holiday diet. The nice thing is
    that I only need to lose five pounds or so. (I was up ten pounds, but
    the first five were obviously water gain, and melted away after a few
    days of behaving myself.)

    I'm going to be at 1300 calories and no more than 60 grams
    carbohydrate until I get back to 117 pounds. I'd forgotten -- after
    several months of maintenance -- that sticking to 1300 calories means
    making choices. I can have an afternoon snack (sugar-free pudding)
    _or_ I can have fruit in the evening _or_ I can have my pistachios in
    the evening, but I can't necessarily have all of those the way I was
    used to.

    The good thing is that maintaining the weight had become really pretty
    easy, and I know just where I fell off the wagon and how to avoid it.
    I hope that once I get back to my goal weight, it'll be easy once
    again. In the meantime, it's not too bad, but I need to be more
    mindful.

    Started 3/1/2004
    208/115-118/122

    Tags:

  2. DB

    DB Guest

    "Beth Friedman" <[email protected]> wrote in

    > The good thing is that maintaining the weight had become really pretty
    > easy, and I know just where I fell off the wagon and how to avoid it.

    Yep, best to nip it in the bud now before it starts climbing!

  3. Nicky

    Nicky Guest

    "Beth Friedman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > The good thing is that maintaining the weight had become really pretty
    > easy, and I know just where I fell off the wagon and how to avoid it.
    > I hope that once I get back to my goal weight, it'll be easy once
    > again. In the meantime, it's not too bad, but I need to be more
    > mindful.

    I'm not sure it is just like normal people, but I agree it's a huge step in
    that direction : ) Watching my normies, they seem to be able to have
    blowouts that I wouldn't want to contemplate, then eat thinner than I'd like
    to for some days. I prefer a more even approach, whether it's overeating or
    dieting it off!

    Nicky.

    --
    A1c 10.5/5.4/<6 T2 DX 05/2004