Just ordered a bike

iced_theater

Aug 3, 2007
Hey, new here. Well I just ordered a bike from chicabike on Ebay. The Dawes Lightning 1200. So we'll see how it is when I get it. It was either that, a Schwinn Katana or else a Trek 1000. I just couldn't see spending $700 on a bike right now, and at least the Dawes has higher quality components more in line with the Trek rather than the Schwinn.

iced_theater said:
Hey, new here. Well I just ordered a bike from chicabike on Ebay. The Dawes Lightning 1200. So we'll see how it is when I get it. It was either that, a Schwinn Katana or else a Trek 1000. I just couldn't see spending $700 on a bike right now, and at least the Dawes has higher quality components more in line with the Trek rather than the Schwinn.
hi, I am interested in a review. I purchased a Dawes lightning sport and I have enjoyed riding it for the last year... However, I have had some thoughts about upgrading and was considering buying a trek from my LBS... but I still am wondering if I should spend that 600 on it or maybe upgrade from chicabike myself...

e0richt said:
hi, I am interested in a review. I purchased a Dawes lightning sport and I have enjoyed riding it for the last year... However, I have had some thoughts about upgrading and was considering buying a trek from my LBS... but I still am wondering if I should spend that 600 on it or maybe upgrade from chicabike myself...

I'll give a review, it might not be the most informative as I'm just now getting back into cycling and I don't know terms and such. But I'll do my best to give an informative review.