Just put Nokian Gazzaloddi Jr. 2.6 's on my Bike

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Dan Volker, Mar 5, 2004.

1. Dan Volker

Dan Volker Guest

I just put the Nokian 2.6's on my Liquid yesterday, and then rode them on a nearby trail. This
    particular trail is very twisty single track, which is quite sandy in a few places. The Nokian's
    floated over the sand as if it was hardpack..truly amazing. On sandy turns and roots they were also
    awesome. They weigh alot more than normal X-country tires, but to be honest, I did not feel any
    weight penalty in acceleration, and found I could carry much more speed into tight turns and then
    come out much faster. A light rider "might" feel the added weight, but they would still benefit by
    needing less braking.

The one issue a light rider "may" have though, is the increased muscle load the Nokians present when
    jamming the bike through tight turns----you actually do feel you have to push the bars harder to
    turn. It's a non-issue to me, but I think this may bother some riders.

Dan V

Tags:

2. Bill Wheeler

Bill Wheeler Guest

On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 17:42:22 -0500, "Dan Volker"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

[zzzz, zzzz, zzzzz]

>Dan V
    >
    I want to hear more about your girl's roadie capabilities...please humor me some more.

Peace, Bill

The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is, the mind should give
    an immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
    :-]