Just saw something funny as she-ot

Status

Dave W

Guest
ROTFLMAO!!!

My lord what is this world coming too. I just caught the tail end of a commercial that promotes a
very off Broadway (try Peachtree Street, Downtown Atlanta) production of Jesus Christ Superstar,
with, get this, the former lead singer of 80's hair band Skid Row, as Jesus.

MY GOD! First Ozzy Ozbourne dines with Bush at tje White House, now this.

WHOA what said times are these.......

Dave

Huw Pritchard

Guest
On Tue, 18 Mar 2003 08:51:53 +0000, Dave W did issue forth:

> ROTFLMAO!!!
>
> My lord what is this world coming too. I just caught the tail end of a commercial that promotes a
> very off Broadway (try Peachtree Street, Downtown Atlanta) production of Jesus Christ Superstar,
> with, get this, the former lead singer of 80's hair band Skid Row, as Jesus.
>
> MY GOD! First Ozzy Ozbourne dines with Bush at tje White House, now this.
>
> WHOA what said times are these.......

I thought you were strictly posting only mountain biking related posts these days?

Mattb

Guest
"Dave W" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> ROTFLMAO!!!
>
> My lord what is this world coming too. I just caught the tail end of a commercial that promotes a
> very off Broadway (try Peachtree Street, Downtown Atlanta) production of Jesus Christ Superstar,
> with, get this, the former lead singer of 80's hair band Skid Row, as Jesus.
>
> MY GOD! First Ozzy Ozbourne dines with Bush at tje White House, now this.
>
> WHOA what said times are these.......
>
> Dave

Sebastian Bach? Fukin eh, dude!

Matt (giving the heavy metal salute)

B A R R Y B U R

Guest
Dave W wrote:

> ROTFLMAO!!!
>
> My lord what is this world coming too. I just caught the tail end of a commercial that promotes a
> very off Broadway (try Peachtree Street, Downtown Atlanta) production of Jesus Christ Superstar,
> with, get this, the former lead singer of 80's hair band Skid Row, as Jesus.

Don't laugh too hard. Sebastian Bach got rave reviews on Broadway. I know some classical-opera
liking folks who saw him and were in AWE of his voice.

Barry

R.White

Guest
"Huw Pritchard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> On Tue, 18 Mar 2003 08:51:53 +0000, Dave W did issue forth:
>
> > ROTFLMAO!!!
> >
> > My lord what is this world coming too. I just caught the tail end of a commercial that promotes
> > a very off Broadway (try Peachtree Street, Downtown Atlanta) production of Jesus Christ
> > Superstar, with, get this, the former lead singer of 80's hair band Skid Row, as Jesus.
> >
> > MY GOD! First Ozzy Ozbourne dines with Bush at tje White House, now this.
> >
> > WHOA what said times are these.......
>
> I thought you were strictly posting only mountain biking related posts these days?

Why? Nobody else does and yet single out Dave. Face it, you love him.

Bomba

Guest
R.White wrote:

>>I thought you were strictly posting only mountain biking related posts these days?
>

> Why? Nobody else does and yet single out Dave. Face it, you love him.

I think your kecks are a bit tight, Rick. The comment was made with a certain amount of
tongue in cheek.

Dave

Guest
"Huw Pritchard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> On Tue, 18 Mar 2003 08:51:53 +0000, Dave W did issue forth:
>
> > ROTFLMAO!!!
> >
> > My lord what is this world coming too. I just caught the tail end of a commercial that promotes
> > a very off Broadway (try Peachtree Street, Downtown Atlanta) production of Jesus Christ
> > Superstar, with, get this, the former lead singer of 80's hair band Skid Row, as Jesus.
> >
> > MY GOD! First Ozzy Ozbourne dines with Bush at tje White House, now this.
> >
> > WHOA what said times are these.......
>
> I thought you were strictly posting only mountain biking related posts these days?

Think again Hugh....

besides that whose to say I didn't. I've done a little urban riding on the steps of the Ol' Fox
theater where JCSS will be performed. Happy?

Dave (besides that I changed my mind, because I live in America! The most powerful country in the
world, where an aging rock singer from a time long since past can play Your Christ in a spectacular
production! Now ********!)

Dave

Guest
"MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "Dave W" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > ROTFLMAO!!!
> >
> > My lord what is this world coming too. I just caught the tail end of a commercial that promotes
> > a very off Broadway (try Peachtree Street, Downtown Atlanta) production of Jesus Christ
> > Superstar, with, get this, the former lead singer of 80's hair band Skid Row, as Jesus.
> >
> > MY GOD! First Ozzy Ozbourne dines with Bush at tje White House, now this.
> >
> > WHOA what said times are these.......
> >
> > Dave
>
> Sebastian Bach? Fukin eh, dude!
>
> Matt (giving the heavy metal salute)

Yup, I think it's actually pretty cool. It sure as hell beats getting some no name musicians to back
you up, go on tour as "Sebastian Bachs Skid Row", and playing some dive in the Swamps of R.I, and
burning the building down, killing all 100 of your fans in that region doesn't it.

Dave (plus the dude looks like every picture of Christ I ever saw in my life, it's
actually uncanny!)

Dave

Guest
"B a r r y B u r k e J r ." <"keep it in the newsgroup "@thankyou.com> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Dave W wrote:
> >
> > ROTFLMAO!!!
> >
> > My lord what is this world coming too. I just caught the tail end of a commercial that promotes
> > a very off Broadway (try Peachtree Street, Downtown Atlanta) production of Jesus Christ
> > Superstar, with, get this, the former lead singer of 80's hair band Skid Row, as Jesus.
> >

> Don't laugh too hard.

Why not? I partied with some of those guy's back in my concert production days (read: ROADIE) And it
IS funny as hell to see what hard times he's fallen upon. I mean from Youth Gone Wild, to Hosanna?
C'mon, that's funny as hell.

Sebastian Bach got rave reviews on Broadway. I
> know some classical-opera liking folks who saw him and were in AWE of his voice.
>
> Barry

I never said the guy didn't have any chops. He kicked ass back in the day. it's just I don't think
Christ had tattoos all up and down his arms is all.

Dave ( I was the YOUTH GONE WILD!)

Klydesdale

Guest
> "Huw Pritchard" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:<[email protected]>...
> > On Tue, 18 Mar 2003 08:51:53 +0000, Dave W did issue forth:
> >
> > > ROTFLMAO!!!
> > >
> > > My lord what is this world coming too. I just caught the tail end of a commercial that
> > > promotes a very off Broadway (try Peachtree Street, Downtown Atlanta) production of Jesus
> > > Christ Superstar, with, get this, the former lead singer of 80's hair band Skid Row, as Jesus.
> > >
> > > MY GOD! First Ozzy Ozbourne dines with Bush at tje White House, now this.
> > >
> > > WHOA what said times are these.......
> >
> > I thought you were strictly posting only mountain biking related posts these days?
>
> Think again Hugh....
>
> besides that whose to say I didn't. I've done a little urban riding on the steps of the Ol' Fox
> theater where JCSS will be performed. Happy?
>
> Dave (besides that I changed my mind, because I live in America! The most powerful country in the
> world, where an aging rock singer from a time long since past can play Your Christ in a
> spectacular production! Now ********!)

He may be playing your Christ but not mine. Mine would never be the subject of a goofy play
like that.

Slacker

Guest
"KLydesdale" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> "Dave" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > "Huw Pritchard" <[email protected]> wrote in
> message news:<[email protected]>...
> > > On Tue, 18 Mar 2003 08:51:53 +0000, Dave W did issue forth:

> > > I thought you were strictly posting only mountain biking related posts these days?
> >
> > Think again Hugh....
> >
> > besides that whose to say I didn't. I've done a little urban riding on the steps of the Ol' Fox
> > theater where JCSS will be performed. Happy?
> >
> > Dave (besides that I changed my mind, because I live in America! The most powerful country in
> > the world, where an aging rock singer from a time long since past can play Your Christ in a
> > spectacular production! Now ********!)
>

> He may be playing your Christ but not mine. Mine would never be the subject of a goofy play
> like that.

Amen!!!
--
Slacker

R.White

Guest
bomba <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> R.White wrote:
>
> >>I thought you were strictly posting only mountain biking related posts these days?
> >

> > Why? Nobody else does and yet single out Dave. Face it, you love him.
>
> I think your kecks are a bit tight, Rick. The comment was made with a certain amount of tongue
> in cheek.

That's why I said he loves him. Tongue. Cheek. It all points to love.

Spademan O----L

Guest
> "B a r r y B u r k e J r ." <"keep it in the newsgroup "@thankyou.com>
wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> > Dave W wrote:
> > >
> > > ROTFLMAO!!!
> > >
> > > My lord what is this world coming too. I just caught the tail end of a commercial that
> > > promotes a very off Broadway (try Peachtree Street, Downtown Atlanta) production of Jesus
> > > Christ Superstar, with, get this, the former lead singer of 80's hair band Skid Row, as Jesus.
> > >

> > Don't laugh too hard.
>
> Why not? I partied with some of those guy's back in my concert production days (read: ROADIE) And
> it IS funny as hell to see what hard times he's fallen upon. I mean from Youth Gone Wild, to
> Hosanna? C'mon, that's funny as hell.
>

> Sebastian Bach got rave reviews on Broadway. I
> > know some classical-opera liking folks who saw him and were in AWE of his voice.
> >
> > Barry
>
> I never said the guy didn't have any chops. He kicked ass back in the day. it's just I don't think
> Christ had tattoos all up and down his arms is all.
>
> Dave ( I was the YOUTH GONE WILD!)

You were a PROBLEM CHILD!

wrote in message news:<[email protected]>... <snip>
> I never said the guy didn't have any chops. He kicked ass back in the day. it's just I don't think
> Christ had tattoos all up and down his arms is all.

From what I've heard JC was supposed to be quite the rebel. Maybe he would have had tattoos if the
technology was available to him...

Matt

John Harlow

Guest
> > I never said the guy didn't have any chops. He kicked ass back in the day. it's just I don't
> > think Christ had tattoos all up and down his arms is all.
> >

> From what I've heard JC was supposed to be quite the rebel. Maybe he would have had tattoos if the
> technology was available to him...

The story I heard he got some rather unusual piercing towards the end... ;)

Michael Dart

Guest
"MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> "Dave" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > "B a r r y B u r k e J r ." <"keep it in the newsgroup "@thankyou.com>
> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>... <snip>
> > I never said the guy didn't have any chops. He kicked ass back in the day. it's just I don't
> > think Christ had tattoos all up and down his arms is all.
> >

> From what I've heard JC was supposed to be quite the rebel. Maybe he would have had tattoos if the
> technology was available to him...
>
> Matt

It was. The art of tattooing goes back much more than JC's time.

Mike - but all the 'pictures' of him don't show any tatoos ;^)

Bomba

Guest
John Harlow wrote:

>>From what I've heard JC was supposed to be quite the rebel. Maybe he would have had tattoos if the
>>technology was available to him...
>

> The story I heard he got some rather unusual piercing towards the end... ;)

Holes in arms, Holes in legs,

Has anybody seen JC...

Dave

Guest
"spademan o---[\) *" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> "Dave" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > "B a r r y B u r k e J r ." <"keep it in the newsgroup "@thankyou.com>
> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> > > Don't laugh too hard.
> >
> > Why not? I partied with some of those guy's back in my concert production days (read: ROADIE)
> > And it IS funny as hell to see what hard times he's fallen upon. I mean from Youth Gone Wild, to
> > Hosanna? C'mon, that's funny as hell.
> >

> > Sebastian Bach got rave reviews on Broadway. I
> > > know some classical-opera liking folks who saw him and were in AWE of his voice.
> > >
> > > Barry
> >
> > I never said the guy didn't have any chops. He kicked ass back in the day. it's just I don't
> > think Christ had tattoos all up and down his arms is all.
> >
> > Dave ( I was the YOUTH GONE WILD!)
>
> You were a PROBLEM CHILD!

yeah, that too!

and I'm Riff Raff now!

R.White

Guest
[email protected] (Stephen Baker) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Dave says:
>
> > and playing some dive in the Swamps of R.I, and burning the building down, killing all 100 of
> > your fans in that region doesn't it.
>
> I might have guessed it would be Dave who'd come out with something like this. RI is such a
> freakin' small state that out of any 100 people, everyone knows at least 2.

I lived in East Providence and North Kingstown and never knew you.

R.White

Guest
[email protected] (Stephen Baker) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> R White says:
>
> >I lived in East Providence and North Kingstown and never knew you.
>
> You're probably young enough to have known my kids, not me ;-)

I'm 41.

Status
Not open for further replies.