General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Just to keep you jealous...

Started by roger · · Last activity · 3 posts · 168 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
25 September 2007
Last activity
25 September 2007
Original author
roger
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
168
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. .... I thought I'd update the sad collection of tubby runners aka The
    Devotees Of Rec.Running with what's happening in my small but jolly
    exciting world.

    Well, running chums, I'm currently living in Ho Chi Minh City,
    Vietnam. That's 'Saigon' to yankees of a certain age. As to what I'm
    doing here... well, let's not get too specific. I don't like to
    spoil the mystery. Suffice to say I'm enjoying myself immensely
    although I can't speak a word of the language. Actually, that's not
    true. I can ask for a Vietnamese iced coffee, say 'hello', 'why' and
    recite my address in Vietnamese.

    I've been here four months now and it looks like I'm staying. I have
    a girl, a house, a little mo'bike and gym membership. Yup. Gym
    membership.

    Remember how I used to berate runners silly enough to run on a
    treadmill? Guess what the heat and traffic have reduced me to...
    That's right; a sad treadmill runner. My god, it's sheer hell. I
    would rather run three hours uphill on sand than spend ten minutes on
    a treadmill. It's misery squared.

    I googled my name before writing and I see you're still obsessing over
    who I am. You silly dumplings! I was always precisely who I said I
    was! Knowing my love of irony you should have guessed that long
    ago :-)

    Did Ozzie ever return? I hope so. I felt rather guilty over his
    demise; though he should have developed a thicker skin, the big
    woosie. I hope Surf and Dan and Wobbot and Steve and Tim and Doug and
    Donovan and Lance and Mary 049 and all the other crazies are still
    around. Really, you guys made that place so much fun. When it was
    firing on all cylinders, rec.running was the BEST newsgroup around. I
    hope it still has some of the momentum and clashes which made it such
    fun. They were great days, huh?

    Anyway, I have a race on Sunday in Ho Chi Minh City. 4k on the road.
    If the results are placed on the web I'll drop a linky here so you can
    all marvel at my running skills, which were always far in excess of
    yours. If not, I may post a link to my pic. I'll post it somewhere
    so you can gaze in admiration. I may lie about my finishing position
    though... :-)

    Love to you all. We'll speak again one day I'm sure.

    r.xx.

  2. "roger" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I've been here four months now and it looks like I'm staying. I have
    a girl,

    Did you bring her or does she come with the rent?

    Quoted message said:

    I googled my name before writing and I see you're still obsessing over
    who I am. You silly dumplings! I was always precisely who I said I
    was! Knowing my love of irony you should have guessed that long
    ago :-)

    But Roger you had so many personas, how could we tell which were real or
    Memorex?

    Quoted message said:

    Did Ozzie ever return? I hope so.

    Oz isn't around much. I don't know if his daily living takes up all his
    time or he is dejected with the volume of trolls.

    Quoted message said:

    I hope Surf and Dan and Wobbot and Steve and Tim and Doug and
    Donovan and Lance and Mary 049 and all the other crazies are still
    around.

    Surf not much, Dan yes, Wobbot is like advanced syphylis, Steve yes, Tim
    on occasion, D&D yes, Lance once in a while, he is following in Al
    Sharpton's shadow and playing politics, Mary hasn't for some time - some
    debilitating foot/feet problems.

    Quoted message said:

    Really, you guys made that place so much fun. When it was
    firing on all cylinders, rec.running was the BEST newsgroup around. I
    hope it still has some of the momentum and clashes which made it such
    fun. They were great days, huh?

    True!

    Quoted message said:


    Anyway, I have a race on Sunday in Ho Chi Minh City. 4k on the road.
    If the results are placed on the web I'll drop a linky here so you can
    all marvel at my running skills, which were always far in excess of
    yours.

    We were always mesmerized by your running skills. We kneel at your
    feet.

    < If not, I may post a link to my pic. I'll post it somewhere

    Quoted message said:

    so you can gaze in admiration. I may lie about my finishing position
    though... :-)

    You, fib? Never!

    -Doug

  3. Doug Freese said:

    Surf not much, Dan yes, Wobbot is like advanced syphylis,

    Don't blame me, I used a condom that night, so if you got it it's on
    you Douglass.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.