Just what is it about lycra?!?

matagi said:
*Sigh* I'd pay attention if they had some scantily clad males with nice chests, but does anyone ever think of us poor girls - no!

Whatdoya mean? Professional male cyclists don't have (much) upper-body to perve on!

adam85 wrote:
> asterope Wrote:
> > pfffffffft... no! models dont ride bikes, thats like, so dirty!! anyway,
> > what if they fall and ruin that manicure? or get a scratch or bruise?
> > that would get all like, puffed up and ugly and stuff...
> >
> > Asterope (known enough models in her short time on this planet, and
> > thinks the assos guy looks like zoolander without the hair, whilst the
> > assos girl is pointy)

> I see they've changed the site now and gone all supermario/metro with
> casual gear. $109 for a towel? WTF?

Welcome to the Assos world :)

My custom made stuff costs me a fraction of how much the Assos stuff
costs. Crazy ....

cfsmtb said:
Whatdoya mean? Professional male cyclists don't have (much) upper-body to perve on!

Yeah well, they don't have to be professional male cyclists! I'd even be prepared to ogle *gasp* triathletes! (shock! horror!)

matagi said:
Yeah well, they don't have to be professional male cyclists! I'd even be prepared to ogle *gasp* triathletes! (shock! horror!)

You sick puppy!

**ducks**

"cfsmtb" wrote:

> LotteBum Wrote:
>> That would no doubt have been the Dirt Works stand, am I right?
>>
>> Lotte (now trying to wipe vivid memories of my days with Dirt Works
>> from my mind)

> Nah it was some weirdarse credit thing, ie: get your bike now, pay
> later. Despite the flashing lights, techie stuff and babes, I didn't
> pay much attention.

Oh that!! Yeah, that was really funny. "Wan't that dream 'Carbonium' bike but can't afford it with your mortgage and kiddies' bills? Now you can have both. We've got the answer with a novated lease. Lease your bike and update it every 4 years for a 'small' weekly payment."

LOL

--
Cheers
Peter

~~~ ~ _@
~~ ~ _- \,
~~ (*)/ (*)

On Thu, 23 Nov 2006 17:47:40 +1100, cfsmtb
<[email protected]> wrote:

>matagi Wrote:
>> Yeah well, they don't have to be professional male cyclists! I'd even
>> be prepared to ogle *gasp* triathletes! (shock! horror!)

>You sick puppy!

Heh. Just for fun I looked up someone I know. Triathlete (former
Australian ironman champ, done Hawaii), roadie (I've seen him going
head-to-head with Robbie McEwen in the Bay Series). He had to lose
quite a lot of his triathlete upper-body strength to be competitive as
a roadie. But he still looks OK.

http://www.associatedmodels.com/model_view_details.cfm?username=robin_tullett#

--
Regards.
Richard.

cfsmtb said:
Read the title above, ok, what's the deal with some people getting all awkward about lycra?

It's not just non-riders, the same irrational guff seems to get parroted by fellow cyclists as well.

Just what is it? Intolerance? Awkwardness? Jealousy? Some bizarro class-consciousness thing? Misdirected Aussie poofta radar? :confused:

To most, It's a badge.
like 'collingwood supporters' (don't start me...), commodore drivers (sorry Lama), man-wallets (uuurrrggghhh), or the white-shoe-brigade, it's a branding thing.
Some wear lycra cos it's just plain practical, and perhaps it's a benchamrk of how 'committed/serious' you are (???).

WhyTF hasn't someone come out with 'streatwear' made out of lycra???
or presumably they have as some of the (what i thought was wanky) paddypallin garb is/was dang handy OS in extreme climes.

flyingdutch said:
<snip>
WhyTF hasn't someone come out with 'streatwear' made out of lycra???
<snip>

oh come now... im sure you remember the '80s... those gaudy fluoro bike-pant and singlet sets which passed for normal day-wear... i was 7 at the time and i had 3 sets!! (black striped with orange, yellow and blue)
(i also had 2 bikes at the time too, which were ridden every day... hows that for starting young with the n+1??) i remember all the teenagers hanging out down at the local corner store/milk bar wearing their gaudy bike pants and t-shirt combos.

was tres chic at the time too!!!

if you dont remember, i suggest looking for some collette, bananarama or def lepard video clips.

asterope said:
if you dont remember, i suggest looking for some collette, bananarama or def lepard video clips.

Bwhahahahaha , I avoided most of these horrors by going Goth circa '85. Black, yeah!

"cfsmtb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> PiledHigher Wrote:
>>
>> Come on, come out and say it?
>>
>> The rabid anti lycra crowd are afraid that they have teh ghey when
>> they
>> see a fit body in lycra and they like it.

> Ah huh - the end times are now upon us. We can't have blokes showing
> their appreciation of other blokes with displays of wolf-whistling &
> rampant manlove in the streets!
>

> --
> cfsmtb

Well there goes that plan for the weekend...

cfsmtb wrote:
> The bicycle is just as good company as most husbands and, when it gets
> old and shabby, a woman can dispose of it and get a new one without
> shocking the entire community. ~Ann Strong

Hints at one of the reasons why so many men are out riding early in the
morning? There's a much better sport, but a match can be hard to
arrange.

Donga

LotteBum wrote:

> cfsmtb Wrote:
> > Last evening I spend a good 20 minutes or more "reading" the new Assos
> > summer catalogue. Only meant to have a quick squiz. ie: that young chap
> > they're using for modelling the gear is seriously Hot.

> Where can I get a copy!?!
>
> That's one of the many great things about being incredibly slow. You
> tend to get passed quite a bit and there are some seriously cute bums
> out there!
>
> --
> LotteBum

Thanks, girl, didn't know you thought that about me ;)
Hehehehe

Paulie-AU wrote:

> Lycra on the road.
>
> On the MTB it is whatever is in the top of the draw. :D If it is a XC
> ride I generally grab my N-ZO Cycling shorts (very comfy).

And your latest GBBR shirt. Hehehe.
Lotte loves that.

Tamyka Bell said:
Thanks, girl, didn't know you thought that about me ;)
Hehehehe

Careful now, don't want to attract attention from that pesky Family First mob! :p