Justice

Yeah.... I saw that video earlier in another post and pointed out there that IMHO... it looks like a classic case of [SIZE= 14px]Dementia[/SIZE].

I don't think the video is really about bicycles of cyclists... just a 75 year old man with a dieing brain that no longer can remember how to react in traffic and finds himself in a blind rage.

Classic symptoms are: Difficulty performing familiar tasks - Driving. Mood swings, often with brief periods of anger or rage. [see the link above]

This stuff happens all the time. But generally it doesn't make the national news (and often is covered up from even local news). Often the family (and the family doctor) knows what is going on and trying to help the individual cover-up his difficulties/struggles. The old man mentioned in the video may never actually go to court. A decent lawyer should be able to delay the court date long enough for the old man to die. His brain is failing at this point... and he likely won't last long.

I have a long-time good friend who's husband [and love of her life ] suffered from this. Although she was sure he was harmless he stabbed her... tried to kill her... while out to eat on thier normal "date night". So she had both the courts AND the doctors to deal with. These cases are always very sad.

Thank God... in the video.. no one was hurt. Hopefully the family's humiliation will be worth it... for the education it brings to others (at least locally if not nationally).

Originally Posted by alienator .

Unfortunately it seems the old turd is going to be allowed to keep his license. It should be note at least one other cyclists had previously reported an incident with the same driver.
Right... too bad the police aren't allowed to just shoot old coots like that huh?

Do you really think the old guy has been harassing cyclists... for say the last 59 years... and just now got caught? I know it's the "cycle of life"... and people grow old and die. But I still think its a bit sad for a man... who his son called him a "gentle old man" to go out being remembered for fits of anger and rage. So embarrassing.