Kaiser doctor dies while mountain biking

wrote:

> .
> ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> .news:[email protected]...
> .> On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 14:57:00 -0600, Paul Cassel

<[email protected]>
> .> wrote:
> .>
> .> .Mike Vandeman wrote:
> .> .> Kaiser doctor dies while mountain biking
> .> .
> .> .I wonder how many died that day while not mountain biking.
> .>
> .> A lower percentage than dies while mountain biking.
> .Ok liar, wheres your coroborated data that,on the day in question, a

greater
> .percentage of mountain bikers died whilst biking than ANY other activity,
> .anywhere on the planet?
> .
> .Please, feel free to cite the study do I can comment on the detail,

because
> .I GUARANTEE you have made a false statement.
> .Again.
>
> You know I am right. Mountain biking is an INHERENTLY dangerous sport.

Your lack of proof is duly noticed.

Prove it Mr scientist, show your coroborated data.

Your archived posts speak for themselves, with far more truth and reality
than you have the courage to admit.

You have:

The integrity of wet toilet paper that's been used.
The stability of Anna Nicole Smith on a Teflon coated trampoline.
The morals and ethics of an Asian sweatshop factory floor manager.
The scientific principles of a quack medieval alchemist.
The endearing personal warmth of a cryogenic freezer at the South Pole.
The maturity level of a spoiled 7 year old brat.

Saving people from a death with skewed statistics that you blow out of all
proportion and then expect to be thanked for your efforts is a pitifully lame
excuse for your anti-social posts. Prejudice, bigotry, ignorance, pettiness,
selfishness, and hatred are the sum of your posts. You truly are an
abomination.

ikonicus

news:eek:[email protected]...

wrote:
> .> .>
> .> .> .
> .> .> .It doesn't matter who or what you are, what you claim or don't

claim,
> .whether
> .> .> .you're totally for real or a bad joke that's gone on for too long.

The
> .fact
> .> .> .that you have posted messages where you take delight in another
> .person's
> .> .> .pain, suffering, and death,
> .> .>
> .> .> Where do you see that? The fact is, you FABRICATED it. No one is
> ."taking
> .> .> delight" in the death or injury of mountain bikers. It's just

evolution
> .at work.
> .> .>
> .> .
> .> .>
> .> .> ===
> .> .> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to
> .> .> humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8
> .> .> years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
> .> .>
> .> .> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
> .> .
> .> .There is clearly something wrong with you.
> .>
> .> Right: I enjoy telling the truth, something you will never understand.
> .
> .Your "truth" is the same as Ted Kaczynski's was (i.e., the "truth" of a
> .sick and twisted mind).
>
> That's odd -- Yosemite National Park Agrees with me. Are their managers

also
> "sick and twisted"?

You're trying to change the subject again, Mike. The political views of the
NPS have no bearing on the issue of your mental illness.

GG

> .GG
> .
> .>
> .> You do not see it, you never
> .> .will but maybe, doubtful, but maybe you will realize your problem. Go
> .> .back and read your postings - it is of concern...
> .>
> .> ===
> .> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to
> .> humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8
> .> years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
> .>
> .> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
> .
>
> ===
>
> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

> It supports my cause when it's printed in the newspaper, too. You are a
> fool. I
> am trying to save you and other idiots like you from DEATH, and this is
> how you
> thank me!:

Thanks for your concern Mikey but I've spent the the better part of my life
in 3rd world countries supporting our governments policies in 3 theaters of
war. They have real problems there. I'm not too worried of meeting my maker
on my bike. Why don't you do something useful and try helping solve some of
the millions of problems in the world instead of harrassing a bunch of guys
enjoying their sport.

"MTBlood" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

>> It supports my cause when it's printed in the newspaper, too. You are a
>> fool. I
>> am trying to save you and other idiots like you from DEATH, and this is
>> how you
>> thank me!:

>Why don't you do something useful and try helping solve some of the
>millions of problems in the world instead of harrassing a bunch of guys
>enjoying their sport.

because he's an idiot

"di" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> "MTBlood" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >

> >> It supports my cause when it's printed in the newspaper, too. You are a
> >> fool. I
> >> am trying to save you and other idiots like you from DEATH, and this is
> >> how you
> >> thank me!:

> >Why don't you do something useful and try helping solve some of the
> >millions of problems in the world instead of harrassing a bunch of guys
> >enjoying their sport.
> >

> because he's an idiot

He's also psychotic.

Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 14:49:01 +1200, Westie
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> .Mike Vandeman wrote:
> .
> .> .I've asked him on previous occasions whether or not he has anyone
> close to .> .him in the real world, and what his parents and other
> relatives think of his .> .activities. He never answers those
> questions, presumably because he has no .> .close relationships and
> because everyone close to him tells him that he has .> .a problem.
> It's a sad and pathetic life he leads. .>
> .> Your efforts to change the subject away from the harm done by
> mountain biking is .> duly noted. Mountain bikers will do ANYTHING to
> avoid looking at the truth about .> their selfish, destructive, sick
> sport. .
> .Nice, Mike, real nice. Lets hope that when one someone you love dies
> .that someone posts it over usenet as an example of what a sick,
> .destructive, selfish person they were.
> .
> .Oh, and the subjective words sick and selfish would be substantiated
> by .the facts, I suppose. Let the facts speak for themselves, I've
> heard .you say that plenty of times before.
> .
> .Just another example of a self-proclaimed "scientist" that doesn't
> .actually have any relevant qualifications, who refuses to let his
> peers .review his work, and actually avoids answering questions about
> his .methodology, who spends the majority of his day trolling in a
> group .dedicated to his opponents. Opponents that he claims threaten
> him .continuously. World-class guy aren't you, Mike?
>
> Did you say something?

Yes, HE SAID, YOU ARE ONE OF LOWEST FORMS OF HUMAN LIFE ON THIS PLANET.

I had to shout, because you apparently have a heraring problem also.

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 17:38:15 GMT, MAL <[email protected]> wrote:

..Your archived posts speak for themselves, with far more truth and reality
..than you have the courage to admit.
..
..You have:
..
..The integrity of wet toilet paper that's been used.
..The stability of Anna Nicole Smith on a Teflon coated trampoline.
..The morals and ethics of an Asian sweatshop factory floor manager.
..The scientific principles of a quack medieval alchemist.
..The endearing personal warmth of a cryogenic freezer at the South Pole.
..The maturity level of a spoiled 7 year old brat.
..
..Saving people from a death with skewed statistics that you blow out of all
..proportion and then expect to be thanked for your efforts is a pitifully lame
..excuse for your anti-social posts. Prejudice, bigotry, ignorance, pettiness,
..selfishness, and hatred are the sum of your posts. You truly are an
..abomination.
..
..ikonicus

What can one expect, but vomit, from someone afraid to use his real name?
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 20:43:14 -0500, "MTBlood" <[email protected]>
wrote:

..
..>
..> It supports my cause when it's printed in the newspaper, too. You are a
..> fool. I
..> am trying to save you and other idiots like you from DEATH, and this is
..> how you
..> thank me!:
..
..Thanks for your concern Mikey but I've spent the the better part of my life
..in 3rd world countries supporting our governments policies in 3 theaters of
..war. They have real problems there. I'm not too worried of meeting my maker
..on my bike. Why don't you do something useful and try helping solve some of
..the millions of problems in the world instead of harrassing a bunch of guys
..enjoying their sport.

Telling the truth is "harrassing"?! You forgot what you were supposed to be
fighting for -- freedom of speech! Your unwillingness to use your real name is
quite revealing, indicating you are 100% unreliable as a source of information.
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

"Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message .

> Telling the truth is "harrassing"?! You forgot what you were supposed to
> be
> fighting for -- freedom of speech! Your unwillingness to use your real
> name is
> quite revealing, indicating you are 100% unreliable as a source of
> information.
> ===

Based on your history, I would rather take an anonymous source with real
information than your selective, out of context, biased and predetermined
science any day.
I don't think anyone is fighting for the right to mislead with false data
presented as science simply because the presenter attaches "PhD" to their
name.

Steve Curtiss (real name)

S Curtiss wrote:
> "Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message .
> >
> > Telling the truth is "harrassing"?! You forgot what you were supposed to
> > be
> > fighting for -- freedom of speech! Your unwillingness to use your real
> > name is
> > quite revealing, indicating you are 100% unreliable as a source of
> > information.
> > ===

> Based on your history, I would rather take an anonymous source with real
> information than your selective, out of context, biased and predetermined
> science any day.
> I don't think anyone is fighting for the right to mislead with false data
> presented as science simply because the presenter attaches "PhD" to their
> name.
>
> Steve Curtiss (real name)

Don't sink to his level - the "real name" thing is an ad hominem
reserved for usenet. If the logic is sound, the name of the poster is
meaningless. Anyone who suggests differently is suffereing from a
distinct lack of brain cells.

Ah! A tautology!

LOL.

E.P.

On 12 Aug 2005 22:27:34 -0700, "[email protected]"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>S Curtiss wrote:

>> Steve Curtiss (real name)

>Don't sink to his level - the "real name" thing is an ad hominem
>reserved for usenet. If the logic is sound, the name of the poster is
>meaningless. Anyone who suggests differently is suffereing from a
>distinct lack of brain cells.

Mikie has an extensive history of going to the employers of people who
disagree with him, and trying to get them fired.

This is what got him permanently removed from all leadership positions
in the Sierra Club by their national Board, which also considered
revoking his membership.

He also has gone after a number of mountain bikers in similar ways.

One should be careful in revealing one's name to someone who will go
to those lengths to attempt to prove himself right.

Happy trails,
Gary (net.yogi.bear)
--
At the 51st percentile of ursine intelligence

Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA

On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 12:43:04 GMT, Gary S. <Idontwantspam@net> wrote:

..On 12 Aug 2005 22:27:34 -0700, "[email protected]"
..<[email protected]> wrote:
..
..>S Curtiss wrote:
..
..>> Steve Curtiss (real name)
..>
[...]

So what you are saying is that if you are doing something wrong, don't use your
real name! I see you practice what you preach.

..Happy trails,
..Gary (net.yogi.bear)

===

Gary S. wrote:
> On 12 Aug 2005 22:27:34 -0700, "[email protected]"
>
> Mikie has an extensive history of going to the employers of people who
> disagree with him, and trying to get them fired.

Well, that wouldn't work with me - he would just be laughed at, no
matter what Mike said to him. See, he's a MTBer as well, and I'm his
unpaid mechanic. Well, he pays me in beer, but still...

:)

Even if I gave my full name and hard-science (as opposed to the social
"science" of psychology) credentials, including my publications in
peer-reviewed journals, he'd still reject my conclusions. Not because
they have inherent flaws, but because they are "flawed" in the one way
the Mike just can't stomach - they disagree with *his* conclusions.
Another reason his enviromental "work" is not published in any
peer-reviewed publication. The reviewers would laugh at it and send it
back with a big "B.S." written in red ink on the front. He knows it,
we know it, and all his drivel about his conference attendances is just
that - drivel. And we all know that as well.

I actually feel sorry for the poor sap. Alone, face glued to his
monitor night after night, searching, searching for the publications
that support his POV, and stretching the ones that *don't* support his
POV. When your hobby is trolling the outdoor rec. newsgroups, you
really aren't anyone at all. With his personality, I'm guessing his
social life is pretty bleak.

His **** has been cut down lately, I've noticed. I think that Guy
really has him baffled. But, back to the topic - Mike's ploy of using
the "real name" argument is merely diversion and an attempt at avoiding
substantive discussion. When backed into a logic corner, this is just
one of his many ploys to dismiss the argument entirely - as if the
logic depended on whose name it was attached to. Pathetic and sad. I
pity him.

E.P.

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 03:38:10 GMT, Mike Vandeman <[email protected]>
wrote:

>On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 12:43:04 GMT, Gary S. <Idontwantspam@net> wrote:
>
>.On 12 Aug 2005 22:27:34 -0700, "[email protected]"
>.<[email protected]> wrote:
>.
>.>S Curtiss wrote:
>.
>.>> Steve Curtiss (real name)
>.>
>.>Don't sink to his level - the "real name" thing is an ad hominem
>.>reserved for usenet. If the logic is sound, the name of the poster is
>.>meaningless. Anyone who suggests differently is suffereing from a
>.>distinct lack of brain cells.
>.>
>.Mikie has an extensive history of going to the employers of people who
>.disagree with him, and trying to get them fired.
>.
>.This is what got him permanently removed from all leadership positions
>.in the Sierra Club by their national Board, which also considered
>.revoking his membership.
>.
>.He also has gone after a number of mountain bikers in similar ways.
>.
>.One should be careful in revealing one's name to someone who will go
>.to those lengths to attempt to prove himself right.
>
>So what you are saying is that if you are doing something wrong, don't use your
>real name! I see you practice what you preach.

No, you need to get a clue.

I am saying that when dealing with and disagreeing with people who
will go to extreme lengths to make their case, who will try to harm
someone's livelihood over a disagreement in a recreational group, one
should be very careful.

Also, while my reply-to email address is munged, any person with a
two- (or more) digit IQ can find my real name and email address in
every post.

Happy trails,
Gary (net.yogi.bear)