karate monkey frame

> Ted Bennett <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > If horizontal is what it must be, then if the slot opens at the front rather than the rear life
> > will be easier. My latest project sports two left Campy 1010s. Works a treat (thanks Sheldon). I
> > have a pic if anyone is curious.

"ant" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> i am curious. dont dropouts come pre-bent generally, to get the tabs leaving the dropout at the
> generally right angle? instead of buying two lefts, i ground the eyelets, derailleur tab, etc off
> my own pair when i still thoguht i was going to need 'em. (five minutes with a bench grinder and a
> good file). pic at http://pantheon.yale.edu/~aaa37/portfolio/bikes/framebuild/dropouts.jpg
>
> if i bought two lefts, i would have some serious and ugly rebending to do to get these dropouts
> into the correct orientation. these are forged horizontals from the QBP.

Yes, many ends are shaped like that but not all. It is simple to hold one in a vise and make a left
into a right with a large adjustable wrench ( smooth jaws= no mark).

i wrote

"A Muzi" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> Yes, many ends are shaped like that but not all. It is simple to hold one in a vise and make a
> left into a right with a large adjustable wrench ( smooth jaws= no mark).

hmm. with mine, it looked like the tabs were not just bent, but were shifted to the side, and Then
bent. it looked like after the forging process, they were stamped or something. anyways, i dont have
them in front of me, so i coudl be wrong.

good to know, for next time.

thanks, anthony