Karrimor EH20 Waterproof Panniers - Global

Status

Sarennah

Guest
[delurk] Hello! Having been a long term lurker, I have been alternately amused and informed by
reading posts. Now I have a question worthy of the attention of such knowledgable cyclists as
yourselves.

Karrimor EH20 Waterproof Panniers - Global. Purchased recently from wiggle [1] because reduced in
price and am fed up with my panniers not being one-drop-of-water-proof, nevermind showerproof....
Said panniers appear to be too LONG in the backplate to attach to my rack (standard Topeak).

To be more precise the distance between where I can attach the disloc to the legs of the rack and
the rail is such that the panniers will attach if the disloc is at the top of the slot in the
kickplate, leaving no further vertical space for the removal of the pannier. And yes, I really like
the idea of carrying my panniers actually in to my lab, without the bike attached!

Do I need a new rack? Which one? Is this why the panniers were reduced?

Sarennah

[1] Yes I would support the LBS but I am a student and so cost is a big issue. When I have the
money, I will wiggle no more.

Sarennah <[email protected]> wrote:

: [1] Yes I would support the LBS but I am a student and so cost is a big issue. When I have the
: money, I will wiggle no more.

But you've just discovered why buying from your LBS might have been cheaper!

Yes, some panniers don't work with some racks. It all depends. Without seeing both it's very hard to
say anything more useful.

Arthur

--
Arthur Clune http://www.clune.org "Technolibertarians make a philosophy out of a personality defect"
- Paulina Borsook

On 14 Jan 2004 05:40:10 -0800, Sarennah wrote:

> [1] Yes I would support the LBS but I am a student and so cost is a big issue. When I have the
> money, I will wiggle no more.

Although Wiggle can be cheaper than the LBS this isn't always the case. The main reasons I buy from
Wiggle or any other online retailer are the greater range of choice and higher availability.
--
Michael MacClancy Random pleonasm - ´Trapped, like a trap in a trap.¡ - Dorothy Parker
www.macclancy.demon.co.uk www.macclancy.co.uk

Sarennah,

I have a pair of these EH20s that I got from a bike shop. There was no mention of any fit
problems when I bought them but I have found that there is only one combination of the
attachments that just fits on my rack (supplied with the Dawes bike). Like you, I found the most
difficult thing was finding an appropriate position for the discloc. The panniers are good in use
so I would go to a shop to check out some of the racks available, remembering the heel clearance
for positioning on the bike.

Calum.

> Hello! Having been a long term lurker, I have been alternately amused and informed by reading
> posts. Now I have a question worthy of the attention of such knowledgable cyclists as yourselves.
>
> Karrimor EH20 Waterproof Panniers - Global. Purchased recently from wiggle [1] because reduced in
> price and am fed up with my panniers not being one-drop-of-water-proof, nevermind showerproof....
> Said panniers appear to be too LONG in the backplate to attach to my rack (standard Topeak).
>
> To be more precise the distance between where I can attach the disloc to the legs of the rack and
> the rail is such that the panniers will attach if the disloc is at the top of the slot in the
> kickplate, leaving no further vertical space for the removal of the pannier. And yes, I really
> like the idea of carrying my panniers actually in to my lab, without the bike attached!
>
> Do I need a new rack? Which one? Is this why the panniers were reduced?
>
> Sarennah
>
> [1] Yes I would support the LBS but I am a student and so cost is a big issue. When I have the
> money, I will wiggle no more.

Status
Not open for further replies.