Kate's Great Meal Cinnamon Ice Cream recipe

K

Kate Connally

These are the recipes Monica Adamski made for the 2002 CT Cook-in. I made the Cinnamon Ice Cream for
my dinner. Kate

MONIKA'S CT COOK-IN ICE CREAM RECIPES

Base: 4 egg yolks ¾ cup sugar 2 cups half and half 2 cups heavy cream about 2 tsp. of vanilla (a
good slug from a bottle)

Whip yolks with sugar until pale in double boiler. Pour in half and half and cream and heat to 180F
while stirring. Add vanilla and cool down. I have purposely used fewer egg yolks than most of the
recipes call for since I wanted to see how this affects the ice cream flavor and I must say I like
it this way much better.

Cinnamon: While making the custard, add enough cinnamon to your taste (make it stronger than usual
since freezing dulls flavor). I think I added 2-3 tbsp. but don't quote me on this since I just
shake from a jar until I like the taste. Let it sit in the fridge for 24 hours. Freeze in ice cream
maker and then transfer to a plastic container.

Chocolate - cherry: Soak frozen or canned cherries in small amount of rum. I was out of frozen sour
cherries this time, so I used Morello dark cherries from Trader Joe's. Melt about 4 oz. of chocolate
(I used bittersweet) and when liquid, slowly add custard to it until mixed together. Let it sit in
the fridge for 24 hours. Freeze in ice cream maker. During last 5 minutes of churning add cherries,
that have been drained and kept cold. Transfer to a plastic container.

Peach (based on Jamie Utter's recipe): Peel and cut into small pieces 2-3 large peaches - about 2
cups of cut fruit. Sprinkle about ¼ c. sugar over peaches and let them sit for a few hours. Bring
the peaches to boil and cook for a few minutes to soften them. Cool them down. Drain the peach juice
and add it to the custard just before pouring it in the ice cream maker. Pour over peaches a small
amount of vodka (or other alcohol), to prevent them from freezing hard. Add the peaches to the ice
cream during the last 5 minutes of churning.

--
Kate Connally “If I were as old as I feel, I’d be dead already.” Goldfish: “The wholesome snack that
smiles back, Until you bite their heads off.” What if the hokey pokey really *is* what it's all
about? mailto:[email protected]

"Kate Connally" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
: These are the recipes Monica Adamski made for the 2002 CT Cook-in. I made the Cinnamon Ice Cream
: for my dinner. Kate
:
: MONIKA'S CT COOK-IN ICE CREAM RECIPES
:
:<snip>

Hmmmmmm, maybe that's a thought for this year's cookin in Minnesota... but to do my favorite
Licorice Ice Cream, instead! Maybe.
--
Cyndi <Remove a "b" to reply