Kazakh shock; Vino to name names !

whiteboytrash

Mar 9, 2005
Go on Vino ! I dare ya !
____
Vinokourov revealed that one of the conditions for the 'new' Astana team directed by Johan Bruyneel to obtain the ProTour status was that he would be erased from the structure. "That was the main requirement for Bruyneel to get the license," he said. By making the connection with the Kazakh sponsors, Vinokourov had personally helped to create the team out of the ashes of Liberty Seguros in June last year. But by testing positive for blood doping, the former cycling star has become persona non grata not only at Astana, but also with regard to the European pro cycling scene.
______

"I have learned that there is no friendship in Europe," Vinokourov continued. "The priority is to make good business on the backs of others. After the scandal at the Tour, I didn't expect any phone call from the other riders. I was right, as nobody called me. But my former colleagues shouldn't laugh too much about my fate, as it could always backfire on them. When I will write my memoirs, some will be surprised to learn that little Vinokourov wasn't so naive after all, even when he first started out in Europe. I've seen a lot of things, even amongst those who want to appear whiter than snow today."

______
The vice-president of the Kazakh cycling federation, Nikolay Proskurin, went even further, saying that Vinokourov had been a disturbing figure to the Astana team's former management right from the start. "It took us some time to realise that we had been wrong in creating the Astana team last year," Proskurin added. "We gave all the keys to our team to Marc Biver and Tony Rominger, but we didn't understand that it was our country's money that interested the most. As soon as they realised that there wasn't any more money to make, they let us down. With the announcement of the positive control, Vino was put in the trash without trying to find out the truth. As if this affair suited them somehow."
______

Rather than taking into account the gravity of the doping problem in pro cycling today, Proskurin preferred to see the exclusion of Vinokourov in the light of an anti-Kazakhstan conspiracy. "In Europe, they don't know what to think of Kazakhstan," he continued. "When we arrived in the pro cycling scene, we quickly understood that we scared those who were in it for a long time. There was a rejection of the Kazakhs. But nobody ever dared to reproach us something from eye to eye. Patrick Lefevere, for example, who was the president of the teams' association, never came to shake hands with me. As if we had the lepers, as if we represented the new Genghis Khan."

Vinokourov, meanwhile, is more popular than ever in his home country. Besides posing for fashion magazines, the multiple Tour de France stage winner will also be co-starring in a TV show for Christmas.

whiteboytrash said:
Go on Vino ! I dare ya !
Gaumont is the only rider I can think of that has actually outed anyone (Millar, O'Grady, ?) so far. Lot's of them make this threat but never follow thru with it.

Vino always intrigued me. Recalling his deep grief after the death of his best friend Kivilev, I hear more than bitterness in his remark that there is no friendship in Europe.

Hopefully, he will expose some UCI hypocrisy and may be we’ll learn more about Breyneel/Armstrong deceitful ways.

Vino is sounding less and less like the indignant, wrongfully accused victim. Mr. Suh needs to woodshed him.

Whenever any action is taken on doping, the victims, whether it be ASO or Vino, seem to interpret it all as a conspiritorial plot against them. Which just shows how much previously, or still does, get/got swept under the carpet.

What surprises me is Astana's sponsors turning on Vino - or did I misread that?

I wonder if the conspirators in this dastardly plot are the same ones who schemed against Armstrong.

Bro Deal said:
I wonder if the conspirators in this dastardly plot are the same ones who schemed against Armstrong.
It was that Jean-Francois dude.

thunder said:
what do the DP folks feel on Landis?

cleaner than a Nun?
There are some real morons over there. Namely Ali and ChrisH. But it does appear that either there has been a major change at DP or the most of the true believers have taken the off season off. It is a bit different than it was a couple of years ago. I think the Hamilton affair took the **** out of a lot of the fair weather fans.

To me this reads as Vino firing a warning shot to the Kazakh org, UCI, ASO,.... to make sure they play nice with him. Or else....

"When I will write my memoirs, some will be surprised to learn that little Vinokourov wasn't so naive after all, even when he first started out in Europe."

He never said that he committed to writing his memoirs but 'when'.... yeah right.

Bro Deal said:
There are some real morons over there. Namely Ali and ChrisH. But it does appear that either there has been a major change at DP or the most of the true believers have taken the off season off. It is a bit different than it was a couple of last year. I think the Hamilton affair took the **** out of a lot of the fair weather fans.
Bro, they all ficked off after the verdict.

All the Landis flunkies were not cycling fans, they were just American fans.

earth_dweller said:
To me this reads as Vino firing a warning shot to the Kazakh org, UCI, ASO,.... to make sure they play nice with him. Or else....

"When I will write my memoirs, some will be surprised to learn that little Vinokourov wasn't so naive after all, even when he first started out in Europe."

He never said that he committed to writing his memoirs but 'when'.... yeah right.
Ii think that is a good read on Vino's intention.

Who was Vino referring to when he said those "whiter than snow"?

Bro Deal said:
Ii think that is a good read on Vino's intention.

Who was Vino referring to when he said those "whiter than snow"?
Maybe he taped some imcriminating conversations with Ferrari about Mr. Snow White himself?

Crankyfeet said:
Maybe he taped some imcriminating conversations with Ferrari about Mr. Snow White himself?
I think the implication that it goes in that direction. Possibly Bruyneel. Vino must not be too happy to see Bruyneel in the job that was intended for himself.

thunder said:
Bro, they all ficked off after the verdict.

All the Landis flunkies were not cycling fans, they were just American fans.
They have the Trust but Verify blog. Floyd fart sniffers.

earth_dweller said:

I also think its a warning shot...

Gosh, not as if Vino is a three years old, as if he didn't know what blood doping was and that he didn't know what was happening when someone stuck a 14-16G needle into his veins. If he was given some bland tablets to take and got spiked with androgenic hormones, then he has a tad more reason to complain.

snood said:
They have the Trust but Verify blog. Floyd fart sniffers.
That Trust But Never Verify blog is hilarious. The guy who runs it: Wow. Talk about gullible. If I were into spamming bogus products like penis enlargement pills, I would put his e-mail address on the top of my list.

Bro Deal said:
That Trust But Never Verify blog is hilarious. The guy who runs it: Wow. Talk about gullible. If I were into spamming bogus products like penis enlargement pills, I would put his e-mail address on the top of my list.
How do you know that penis enlargement pills are bogus? Have you tried them?:rolleyes: