KBK picks

According to cyclingstarlists.com Hammond is starting the KBK, so I'll have to pick him again.

Greipel - I saw him first hand at the TDU - impressive. High Road have 2 members of the same team to help him that they did at the TDU in Hansen and Eisel with Hammond to help too. Very strong team.

1. Greipel
2. Boonen
3. Vaitkus
4. Hushovd

Good bunch sprint.

Grater said:
Greipel - I saw him first hand at the TDU - impressive. High Road have 2 members of the same team to help him that they did at the TDU in Hansen and Eisel with Hammond to help too. Very strong team.

1. Greipel
2. Boonen
3. Vaitkus
4. Hushovd

Good bunch sprint.
I want to see Greipel wind up a 55x11. If Cipo used that gearing...

thunder said:
I want to see Greipel wind up a 55x11. If Cipo used that gearing...
I am betting on a successful break with one of the riders who rode well in Het Volk but did not bury himself. Chavanel fits the bill.

We should record picks and keep a running score. Then we can all see how terrible I am at picking winners.

Yep well I'm sticking with Greipel. I think it will be a bunch sprint. 43km from the final climb to the finish - more than enough and Greipel and Boonen are in terrific form. One of them will win. I reckon Greipel.

Grater said:
Yep well I'm sticking with Greipel. I think it will be a bunch sprint. 43km from the final climb to the finish - more than enough and Greipel and Boonen are in terrific form. One of them will win. I reckon Greipel.
I dont know, where was Greipel yesterday?

classic1 said:
Dead last.
yeah, he sucked ****.

I think he was training in the Canary Islands before he came down to Adelaide. May mean nothing, may mean alot.

There was a few crashes that took out a whole lot of the peloton, chances are he got mixed up in one of those.

thunder said:
yeah, he sucked ****.

I think he was training in the Canary Islands before he came down to Adelaide. May mean nothing, may mean alot.

There was a few crashes that took out a whole lot of the peloton, chances are he got mixed up in one of those.
Dunno. Will find out tonight I suppose.

classic1 said:
Dunno. Will find out tonight I suppose.
he made Brownie, Davis and Renshaw look slow in the best quality race in Australia besides 2000 Sydney.

the stages were not overly short, and not too much piano tranquillo.

Renshaw was top 10 in Kurne 2 years back, if Greipel cannot match that if it finishes in a sprint something will be up.

thunder said:
he made Brownie, Davis and Renshaw look slow in the best quality race in Australia besides 2000 Sydney.

the stages were not overly short, and not too much piano tranquillo.

Renshaw was top 10 in Kurne 2 years back, if Greipel cannot match that if it finishes in a sprint something will be up.
You've obviously never seen the field for the legendary annual 'Morwell to Glenmaggie Classic'.

classic1 said:
You've obviously never seen the field for the legendary annual 'Morwell to Glenmaggie Classic'.
ahhhh, I remember one year, classic1 won the "coalfields classic" :D

Well he might have got caught up in a crash. I know Eisel was caught up in a crash. I thougth he wasn't riding yesterday. In anycase - would you bother working hard yesterday when you knew you couldn't win the race? Gilbert was on his own then there was a break then there was the peloton wasnt there? He would have taken it easy when he knew it was beyond him.

thunder said:
ahhhh, I remember one year, classic1 won the "coalfields classic" :D
Nah, just got flicked in a tight finish for first and fastest after being the strongest all day. Still haven't got over it. Should have used the 15 in the uphill sprint, not the 14.........:p

classic1 said:
Nah, just got flicked in a tight finish for first and fastest after being the strongest all day. Still haven't got over it. Should have used the 15 in the uphill sprint, not the 14.........:p
you got pipped, I someone hooked you?

I know a guy from Lesbos who would tell you to harden the **** up, and selected the big dog, not a smaller gear :D

Quick Step has blown this race apart and now have 5 riders in the breakaway of about 25 riders. Up there is Flecha and Hushovd too. lead just over 2 minutes with 50 minutes to go.

Game over for Greipel.

Grater said:
Quick Step has blown this race apart and now have 5 riders in the breakaway of about 25 riders. Up there is Flecha and Hushovd too. lead just over 2 minutes with 50 minutes to go.

Game over for Greipel.
WOW, Quick Step had the entire team minus Bettini in the break.....reminds me of how Disco used to do that in the TdF....Hmmmm..........wasn't it Lefevre who was just so outraged at the Floyd's doping, and wasn't it his team who treated a doping control chaperone at the TOC like she was whorish scum...hmm......I wonder who is on juice? I am going on record, I officially detest Quick Step.

thoughtforfood said:
..hmm......I wonder who is on juice? I am going on record, I officially detest Quick Step.
IMHO... we should hold out before jumping on the hate bandwagon. The old rule of clean not beating dopers has taken a hit with the results of Slipstream in the ToC and Gilbert in the Het Volk. Maybe later in the Classics and GT's but there is a ray of hope that dope is not rampant atm.

Crankyfeet said:
IMHO... we should hold out before jumping on the hate bandwagon. The old rule of clean not beating dopers has taken a hit with the results of Slipstream in the ToC and Gilbert in the Het Volk. Maybe later in the Classics and GT's but there is a ray of hope that dope is not rampant atm.
I'd be with you if it hadn't been the entire team in the break. That to me is enough to suggest that they were a little super human IMHO.