KCNC C7 Brakes

Uzzah

Dec 31, 2010
I am ready to get a new set of brakes. I have been looking at some KCNC C7 on E-bay. Does anyone have them and if so how goes it. They are very light 170gr for both and look better than my sram force. I hate buying things that I do not get to test, so any input would be helpful...tks

Originally Posted by Uzzah .

I am ready to get a new set of brakes. I have been looking at some KCNC C7 on E-bay. Does anyone have them and if so how goes it. They are very light 170gr for both and look better than my sram force. I hate buying things that I do not get to test, so any input would be helpful...tks
http://fairwheelbikes.com/cycling-blog/products/road-bike-brake-shootout-3.html

Originally Posted by Uzzah .

Why do you want to replace your brakes? weight, looks or better performance

Almost all after market brakes are designed to go after the light weight crowd (weight weenies). In making brakes lighter they almost always loose stopping power. So if you want better stopping power get better pads, I like the Kool stop salmon.

If you are going after looks well looks are personal so get the ones that look good to you but you will probably loose stopping power.

If you are a weight weenie (nothing wrong with that I am), well the KCNC C7 are very light and they are cheap but the braking is sub par so whats important to you, I like to stop. The ee brakes would be my choice only 20 grams more unbelievable stopping power but twice the cost. The Ciamillo GSL would also be a good choice again 25 grams more than the KCNC but about the same price and much better stopping power.

Tks for input, I guess I am a WW. I built my bike and tried to get it as light as possible and still have it ride nice. It comes in at 15.2, the only place left is the brakes, got the sram force used of e-bay. They stop me just fine and I do have cool stop salmon brake pads also.
What I am looking for is a lighter weight brake in black, that will stop me, but it also has to have a release to get the wheel off. I transport my bike every ride and the front wheel needs to be removed. I will look into the ee brake and the ciamillo...thanks again and I am open to any other suggestions...

I have some Ciamillo ZeroGs on my bike. I can say they are good but are a pain in the rear to get centered. It is someting to worry about everytime you ride.

Check out the Ciamillo micros.... Much better brake than the KCNCs. The setup is pretty easy once you realize you need to keep the housing length in a manner that gives it a gentle arch. That keeps you from having to recenter.