Keeping bugs out of helmet

AmpedCycle

Dec 29, 2004
How do you keep bugs out of your helmet? The holes in the top let bugs zap right in, and I'm sick of getting bees and flies on my head that sometimes bite. Are there any companies that put screens into holes?

AmpedCycle said:
How do you keep bugs out of your helmet? The holes in the top let bugs zap right in, and I'm sick of getting bees and flies on my head that sometimes bite. Are there any companies that put screens into holes?
Met make helmets with anti insect nets.

www.met-helmets.com

Ippogrifo is the model name, I believe.

HTH,

n

AmpedCycle said:

I have a spare helmet that I took and double face taped a netting material over the vents. The material is the same stuff they use in tents. You can pick it up all over. I got mine at Joanne Fabrics, a fabric chain store around me. You can get the stuff at a lot of places, just look around. I only need to use the helmet on certain rides but it works great.

FELTF10

Hi there,

Almost all helmets in the Uvex range have insectnets in them. The net is moulded into the helmet so it doesn't bother you.

They are really nice. :confused: