Keeping Dry Hints -- Thanks Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jkeenan

Thank one and all for the suggesitions. FWIW, I ended up going with Cletus' suggestion: Just get
wet. Personally, I overheat incredibly so with the rain jacket on, I was like a furnace. I figure if
mother earth's core ever cools down, just put me, my V-Rex and a hill down there and it'll be back
up to hot in no time.

Torrential downpours, but it was in the 60's, not uncomfortable, and the rain actually helped as I
was delightfully cool for the rest of the 200K brevet. Amazing how much water a RANS seat and seat
bag can soak up.

One recumbent advantage: Even in a downpour because of my foot position (shoe toes pointing up) I
never had that "squishy" shoe soaked feeling I did on an upright.

Happy Tailwinds

Joe 'recumbo' Keenan

Joe,

Just a note from a fellow-overheater. I found a lightweight "Walls" brand rain jacket at Pro-Bass Shop. It features zippered vents under both arms and one all the way across the back. It has velcro closures on the chest and the sleeves. It will keep you dry, but incredibly well-ventilated.

Now, I wouldn't wear it in temps over about 70 degrees, just because I tend, like you, to overheat. But rain does have a tendency to cool one off.

Cheers,
Ben

Originally posted by Jkeenan
Thank one and all for the suggesitions. FWIW, I ended up going with Cletus' suggestion: Just get
wet. Personally, I overheat incredibly so with the rain jacket on, I was like a furnace. I figure if
mother earth's core ever cools down, just put me, my V-Rex and a hill down there and it'll be back
up to hot in no time.

Torrential downpours, but it was in the 60's, not uncomfortable, and the rain actually helped as I
was delightfully cool for the rest of the 200K brevet. Amazing how much water a RANS seat and seat
bag can soak up.

One recumbent advantage: Even in a downpour because of my foot position (shoe toes pointing up) I
never had that "squishy" shoe soaked feeling I did on an upright.

Happy Tailwinds

Joe 'recumbo' Keenan

Status
Not open for further replies.