keeping feet warm, how?

Steve W

Guest
I've got this problem sorted on my DF but still can't get it right on the
'bent.
All the overshoes that I have seen, including the ones I use on the DF are
open under the sole so therefore do not do much good on the ,bent!!
Any recommendations, preferably for products that are available in the UK.

SW

"Steve W" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I've got this problem sorted on my DF but still can't get it right on the
> 'bent.
> All the overshoes that I have seen, including the ones I use on the DF are
> open under the sole so therefore do not do much good on the ,bent!!
> Any recommendations, preferably for products that are available in the UK.
>
> SW

You're gonna laugh...

Platform pedals...and Moon Boots.

Moon Boots: those cheap plastic boots with the nylon leggings, and a felt
"booty" lining the inside. I use them on my DF during the coldest, wettest,
arrfullest weather we get 'round here. Keeps the feets warm AND dry.
Waterproof, yet (just) flexible enough to ride in.

"Steve W" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I've got this problem sorted on my DF but still can't get it right on the
> 'bent.
> All the overshoes that I have seen, including the ones I use on the DF are
> open under the sole so therefore do not do much good on the ,bent!!
> Any recommendations, preferably for products that are available in the UK.
>
> SW

Over here in the former colonies, we have packets from China that when
opened and exposed to air, produce several hours worth of heat. Some packets
are sold to warm hands, and others for feet. The better feet ones have an
adhesive bit to stick to our socks. Packets without adhesive tended to
migrate from my toes to my heels while riding 'bent. I just recently saw
some whole foot size packets at a hardware store. For occasional use the
packets at a dollar a pair seem a bargain, but if you commute and need hot
feet twice a day, battery powered shoe insoles might be the product for you.
I'll leave the google work to you.

In article <[email protected]>, Steve W
<[email protected]> writes
>I've got this problem sorted on my DF but still can't get it right on the
>'bent.
>All the overshoes that I have seen, including the ones I use on the DF are
>open under the sole so therefore do not do much good on the ,bent!!
>Any recommendations, preferably for products that are available in the UK.
>
>SW

For my SMGT I bought the Streamer fairing which I use during the winter.
Prevents the cold wind from reaching the feet and much of the lower
body. Don't do long rides in the winter though, so don't know what it
might be like for longer than a couple of hours.
--
Peter Grange

I use the dry chemical packets mentioned on another post, except I put
them inside booties on TOP of the toes of my cycling shoes with cleats
exposed. I frequently do 20-mile rides in 20-30 degree temps .. toes
are usually a bit cold by the end of a 20-degree ride, but not bad.

I did notice the numb-toes-in-warm-weather/cold-toes-in-cold-weather
syndrome MUCH more when I first started riding bents and it took
probably 6 months of regular riding for my body to adapt to the
high-foot position.

Steve W wrote:
> I've got this problem sorted on my DF but still can't get it right on the
> 'bent.
> All the overshoes that I have seen, including the ones I use on the DF are
> open under the sole so therefore do not do much good on the ,bent!!
> Any recommendations, preferably for products that are available in the UK.
>
> SW

How about a sock liner inside of neoprene socks. That can be a thick
combination, so it may not fit in your cycling shoes.

---
John Knez