Keeping sweat out of your eyes



F

flatline

Guest
A folded bandanna works really well for me too.
REI sells some decent ones for $2.50 each.
 
M

Mike

Guest
In article <[email protected]>, flatline wrote:
> A folded bandanna works really well for me too.
> REI sells some decent ones for $2.50 each.


My day must be getting long. I initially read this as a 'folding banana'.

Mike
 
B

Bernie

Guest
Mike wrote:

>In article <[email protected]>, flatline wrote:
>
>>A folded bandanna works really well for me too.
>>REI sells some decent ones for $2.50 each.
>>

>
>My day must be getting long. I initially read this as a 'folding banana'.
>
>Mike
>

I think you are correct. "Folded bananas" do not suck - liquid. They
just suck.
Folded bandanas suck correctly.
Good eye dude!
Bernie
 
L

LioNiNoiL_a t_N e t s c a p E_D 0 T_N e T

Guest
> I remember seeing a product advertised that was a loop you wore
> around your forehead and down your back; the idea was that sweat
> would run off down your back that way. Like a rain gutter, in
> essence.
> Does anybody know what this was called, and where you can get it?


I have one, it was made by RaceAid for runners, and it works well under
a helmet. I don't remember where I got it, sorry.

--
Robots don't kill people -- people kill people.
http://www.irobotmovie.com/
 
G

Gary Jacobson

Guest
Is this it? http://www.haloheadband.com/sitemap.html

Let us know how it works please. I've been thinking of trying obe for years.

Gary Jacobson
Rosendale, NY

"LioNiNoiL_a t_N e t s c a p E_D 0 T_N e T" <[email protected]>
wrote in message news:D[email protected]
> > I remember seeing a product advertised that was a loop you wore
> > around your forehead and down your back; the idea was that sweat
> > would run off down your back that way. Like a rain gutter, in
> > essence.
> > Does anybody know what this was called, and where you can get it?

>
> I have one, it was made by RaceAid for runners, and it works well under
> a helmet. I don't remember where I got it, sorry.
>
> --
> Robots don't kill people -- people kill people.
> http://www.irobotmovie.com/
>
 
F

Fx199

Guest
I just keep a bandana loosely wrapped around my handlebars, or on my wrist,
then wipe every few minutes.
 
L

LioNiNoiL_a t_N e t s c a p E_D 0 T_N e T

Guest
>>> I remember seeing a product advertised that was a loop you wore
>>> around your forehead and down your back; the idea was that sweat
>>> would run off down your back that way. Like a rain gutter, in
>>> essence.
>>> Does anybody know what this was called, and where you can get it?

>>
>> I have one, it was made by RaceAid for runners, and it works well
>> under a helmet. I don't remember where I got it, sorry.

>
> Is this it? http://www.haloheadband.com/sitemap.html


Nope, completely different. Mine is a white, rubbery half-loop about
15mm wide that goes only across the forehead, held in place by an
adjustable elastic band 'round the back of the head. The half-loop has a
cross-section shaped like a narrow "U" and rectangular holes on the
forehead side, through which the sweat passes, to be channeled to the
temples.

--
Robots don't kill people -- people kill people.
http://www.irobotmovie.com/
 
F

Frank Krygowski

Guest
LioNiNoiL_a t_N e t s c a p E_D 0 T_N e T wrote:

> Nope, completely different. Mine is a white, rubbery half-loop about
> 15mm wide that goes only across the forehead, held in place by an
> adjustable elastic band 'round the back of the head. The half-loop has a
> cross-section shaped like a narrow "U" and rectangular holes on the
> forehead side, through which the sweat passes, to be channeled to the
> temples.


That's the one that doesn't work at all for me.

Maybe it depends on how much you sweat - in my case, a lot.


--
--------------------+
Frank Krygowski [To reply, remove rodent and vegetable dot com,
replace with cc.ysu dot edu]
 
D

Dave Stallard

Guest
Alex Rodriguez wrote:

> A head band also works well.


Well, I bought a Pearl Izumi handband (though WTF they made it *white*,
I'll never know), and have been using it with apparent success.

But the bigger heat-management news is this. I finally got a sleeveless
jersey. Duh! Why didn't I think of that before? With that airflow
under your armpits, it's almost like having AC! In fact, sometimes it's
almost too cool. Woo-hoo! Problem solved!

Dave
 
T

The Real Bev

Guest
Dave Stallard wrote:
>
> Alex Rodriguez wrote:
>
> > A head band also works well.

>
> Well, I bought a Pearl Izumi handband (though WTF they made it *white*,
> I'll never know), and have been using it with apparent success.


White is a good marketing color -- soon it will turn grey and you will
have to buy another one or look like an unkempt slob.

--
Cheers,
Bev
----------------------------------------------------------------
"The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is probably
the day they start making vacuum cleaners." --Ernst Jan Plugge
 
R

Richard Stanz

Guest
Dave Stallard <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I have a big problem with this on longer, hotter rides. Sweat gets runs
> into my eyes or onto my sunglasses. I remember seeing a product
> advertised that was a loop you wore around your forehead and down your
> back; the idea was that sweat would run off down your back that way.
> Like a rain gutter, in essence.
>
> Does anybody know what this was called, and where you can get it? Or
> have alternate techniques for coping with this annoying problem?
>
> Dave


I've had good luck with a cool-max do-rag. I like the Headsweats
"Shorties". A bit pricy, but they work. An added bonus is that they
also keep your helmet lining from getting soggy.

-- Richard Stanz
 
P

(Pete Cresswell)

Guest
RE/
>But the bigger heat-management news is this. I finally got a sleeveless
>jersey. Duh! Why didn't I think of that before? With that airflow
>under your armpits, it's almost like having AC!


I had the same revelation this year. Liked it so much I got two of 'em.

Next thing I stumbled onto was one-day-disposable contact lenses. Before that,
on hot days, I was always hasseled when sweat would drip over the lenses of my
glasses.

With the contacts, it's great - too hot? Just grab a water bottle and pour some
on my head/shoulders.
--
PeteCresswell
 
S

Snortley

Guest
I sweat more profusely than anyone else I've ever seen, and am
very satisfied with the 2-inch slices of old cotton t-shirt sleeves I
use as headbands.


You got to be very careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there.

- Yogi Berra
 
S

S o r n i

Guest
Snortley wrote:
> I sweat more profusely than anyone else I've ever seen, and am
> very satisfied with the 2-inch slices of old cotton t-shirt sleeves I
> use as headbands.


Onanian? That you?!?

Bill "just don't tell us you dumpster-dived for the t-shirts!" S.
 
R

Rick Onanian

Guest
On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 06:16:28 GMT, "S o r n i"
<[email protected]> wrote:
>Snortley wrote:
>> I sweat more profusely than anyone else I've ever seen, and am
>> very satisfied with the 2-inch slices of old cotton t-shirt sleeves I
>> use as headbands.

>
>Onanian? That you?!?


Alas, I see my reflection but it is not me. Who is this that hath
infested my mirror? His profuse sweat concentrates more above his
ocular cavities, yet mine covers my whole being.

I don't often have problems with sweat in my eyes, but when I do,
it's pretty annoying.
--
Rick Onanian
 
T

the black rose

Guest
Rick Onanian wrote:
> I don't often have problems with sweat in my eyes, but when I do,
> it's pretty annoying.


Hm, do you have a high tolerance for pain? When I get sweat in my eyes,
it's downright painful. (And for a female, I sure sweat a lot. It's
embarrassing.)

--
the black rose
GO LANCE GO!!!
proud to be owned by a yorkie
http://community.webshots.com/user/blackrosequilts
 
R

Rick Onanian

Guest
On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 00:03:38 GMT, the black rose
<[email protected]> wrote:
>Hm, do you have a high tolerance for pain? When I get sweat in my eyes,
>it's downright painful. (And for a female, I sure sweat a lot. It's
>embarrassing.)


You're right. s/annoying/painful. It makes me stop and try to rinse
them out, but once it's in, I'm generally stuck with it.
--
Rick Onanian
 
J

jmoreno

Guest
I have been using Halo headbands. they seem to work. I also have moved the
foam pads in my helmet and that may also be a difference. Seems like the
foam collects sweat and when saturated, spills the sweat to my eyes.

Dave Stallard wrote:

> I have a big problem with this on longer, hotter rides. Sweat gets runs
> into my eyes or onto my sunglasses. I remember seeing a product
> advertised that was a loop you wore around your forehead and down your
> back; the idea was that sweat would run off down your back that way.
> Like a rain gutter, in essence.
>
> Does anybody know what this was called, and where you can get it? Or
> have alternate techniques for coping with this annoying problem?
>
> Dave
 
D

DaveH

Guest
Dave Stallard <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I have a big problem with this on longer, hotter rides. Sweat gets runs
> into my eyes or onto my sunglasses. I remember seeing a product
> advertised that was a loop you wore around your forehead and down your
> back; the idea was that sweat would run off down your back that way.
> Like a rain gutter, in essence.
>
> Does anybody know what this was called, and where you can get it? Or
> have alternate techniques for coping with this annoying problem?
>
> Dave


Dave,

I am an expert in this. Here in Oman we are regularly riding in 45deg
C + conditions so we know what works.

You are all getting far too technical! You fold up a bandana and wear
that. I fold it into about 2 inch wide and tie that around my head so
that it fits under my helmet. Make sure the knot at the back goes
below the plastic at the back of the helmet.

This works fine, although on particularly hot rides when I raise my
eyebrows a trickle of sweat may run down into my eyes.

Got my bandanas in the $2 shop in NZ (<US$1).

By the way I think the record is 9 bottles of water in a 2 hour ride.

I also use a bandana while running.

Regards,
Dave
 

Similar threads