Keeping sweat out of your eyes

LioNiNoiL_a t_N e t s c a p E_D 0 T_N e T wrote:

> Nope, completely different. Mine is a white, rubbery half-
> loop about 15mm wide that goes only across the forehead,
> held in place by an adjustable elastic band 'round the
> back of the head. The half-loop has a cross-section shaped
> like a narrow "U" and rectangular holes on the forehead
> side, through which the sweat passes, to be channeled to
> the temples.

That's the one that doesn't work at all for me.

Maybe it depends on how much you sweat - in my case, a lot.

--
--------------------+ Frank Krygowski [To reply, remove
rodent and vegetable dot com, replace with cc.ysu dot edu]

Dave Stallard <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I have a big problem with this on longer, hotter rides.
> Sweat gets runs into my eyes or onto my sunglasses. I
> remember seeing a product advertised that was a loop you
> wore around your forehead and down your back; the idea was
> that sweat would run off down your back that way. Like a
> rain gutter, in essence.
>
> Does anybody know what this was called, and where you can
> get it? Or have alternate techniques for coping with this
> annoying problem?
>
> Dave

I've had good luck with a cool-max do-rag. I like the
Headsweats "Shorties". A bit pricy, but they work. An added
bonus is that they also keep your helmet lining from
getting soggy.

-- Richard Stanz

Alex Rodriguez wrote:

> A head band also works well.

Well, I bought a Pearl Izumi handband (though WTF they made
it *white*, I'll never know), and have been using it with
apparent success.

But the bigger heat-management news is this. I finally got a
sleeveless jersey. Duh! Why didn't I think of that before?
With that airflow under your armpits, it's almost like
having AC! In fact, sometimes it's almost too cool. Woo-hoo!
Problem solved!

Dave

Dave Stallard wrote:

> Alex Rodriguez wrote:
>
> > A head band also works well.
>
> Well, I bought a Pearl Izumi handband (though WTF they
> made it *white*, I'll never know), and have been using it
> with apparent success.

White is a good marketing color -- soon it will turn grey
and you will have to buy another one or look like an
unkempt slob.

--
Cheers, Bev