Kenda K-180 hybrid tires?

Garth Vader

Guest
Hi,

I found some Kenda K-180 hybrid tires in 700x38c. I do mostly paved-road
commute to work with some time spent on gravel trails. I'm not looking for
racing, etc. and weight doesn't matter to me. Are these decent commuting
tires? They're only $6.00 each, so I figured I couldn't go wrong for the
price.

Garth

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 17:55:01 -0500, Garth Vader wrote:

> They're only $6.00 each, so I figured I couldn't go
> wrong for the price.

At that price, give them a try--if they're awful, you won't be out much
cash. I always liked the Michelin Idylis 70x37 tires, but you can't get
them anymore. They were great in winter slush.

:D

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 23:39:03 -0500, Garth Vader wrote:

> I'd like to get a set of Michelin
> tires for my bike. I've always used them on vehicles. Are they worth the
> extra, for cycling, that is?

There are many many wonderful tires out there--don't get hung up on brand
names :) Those Michelins I mentioned cost me ten a pop on sale LOL and I
thought they'd last perhaps a summer, but ended up doing two years duty
with a single flat! Not that that's what all models of Michelin would
do. I've bought fancier tires for thirty each that were **** and my
current 700x25s by Cheng Shin are rather lively and durable. :D For your
type of riding--be a cheapskate and don't worry about it nor be
embarrassed--I'd just grab the current on-sale set from the web or your
LBS and have a smorgasboard. :D If your tastes become more refined, then
just run with it and spend some bucks on perhaps some Conti Top Tours that
are a mainstay with many a rider. I do like a kevlar belt tire though, but
most of the rubber at the width you're using will be nice and sturdy
regardless.

Stay cheap!

Thanks, Maxo. That's what I thought. I'd like to get a set of Michelin
tires for my bike. I've always used them on vehicles. Are they worth the
extra, for cycling, that is?

news:p[email protected]...