Kenda K-Rads. Anybody have or might get them?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Quakenshake, Aug 19, 2003.

  1. Quakenshake

    Quakenshake Guest

    I saw an add for K-rads in the latest mtb mag. Marketed as an [Urban Assult] tire for mountain bike.
    Im wanting them for my rides to work & the light trail riding I do dont need the knobbies I have.

    Are they available yet? If so has anybody tried them? Give report please.

    Anybody thinking about getting them?

    I checked the website kendausa and they cost like $25 each, 850grams size 26x2.3

    Also if I was to get them would I need to get a different tube size? I have now Kenda Kenetics
    26x1.95 size tires. Thanks Ray

    Tags:

  2. Alnamvet

    Alnamvet New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 17, 2003
    Nice tyre for urbanites like myself....looked for a while for a fat tire that is designed for the city streets, and this is the only one I liked....and its is fat!;)

  3. Quakenshake

    Quakenshake Guest

    So you have them? Ive checked a bunch of on-line places but havent found them yet. google search too
    no luck Im going to checkout the 5 LBS see if any of them have the tire. I know I could call but any
    reason to go looking. I knew the split second I saw the add that thats what I want. Ive seen the
    more slick type tires but they are narrow. These at 2.3 like you say will be phat-fat. Ive seen like
    tires but smaller on bmx bikes and at the time thought they should have 'em for mtb'ers.

  4. Gregr

    Gregr Guest

  5. Quakenshake

    Quakenshake Guest

    Thank You but those are only 1.95 The ones Im looking for are 2.3. Although if the LBS's dont have
    them I will give that place a call they might have them just not on the site. Thanks

  6. Gregr

    Gregr Guest

    On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 22:28:21 -0500 (CDT), [email protected] (QUAKEnSHAKE) wrote:

    >Thank You but those are only 1.95 The ones Im looking for are 2.3. Although if the LBS's dont have
    >them I will give that place a call they might have them just not on the site. Thanks

    oops..sorry.

    But that 2.3 size does sound interesting. I am sort of looking for something in the 2.1 or lager
    range in a semislick. (for rigid utility/winter training bike)

    I have some 1.9 panaracer SS's on there now, and its about due for a change (2 winter seasons on
    them, they are cracking and sliced up a bit).