Kenda Kaliente tires

DaveH

Guest
I bought a pair of these on the advice of a local LBS for my
Rivendell Rambouillet. 700C x 23. However, there are some reports on
Roadbikereview.com that this tire is sluggish, or slow. I'm seeking
reports before I mount them and render them un-returnable.

Previous tires:
* Riv's Ruffy Tuffy, 700 x 27
* Michelin Eriliums, Gator Skins, and Bontrager Race-Lite Hardcase:
all 700 x 23.

The RT is actually a pretty good tire; but there is something about
the girth of anything larger than a 23 that bothers me. Probably
silly, though I am 173 lbs and ride on good pavement.

The Gator Skins are fairly fast and supple, but were sliced and
punctured within 100 miles. The Bontragers are dreadful--hard, rough,
slow, sluggish...feeling like they're made of hard clay and filled
with lead.

I want to avoid anything approaching the Bontrager Hardcase effect and
thus my request for Kaliente reports.
Dave

"DaveH" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I bought a pair of these on the advice of a local LBS for my
> Rivendell Rambouillet. 700C x 23. However, there are some reports on
> Roadbikereview.com that this tire is sluggish, or slow. I'm seeking
> reports before I mount them and render them un-returnable.
>
> Previous tires:
> * Riv's Ruffy Tuffy, 700 x 27
> * Michelin Eriliums, Gator Skins, and Bontrager Race-Lite Hardcase:
> all 700 x 23.
>
> The RT is actually a pretty good tire; but there is something about
> the girth of anything larger than a 23 that bothers me. Probably
> silly, though I am 173 lbs and ride on good pavement.
>
> The Gator Skins are fairly fast and supple, but were sliced and
> punctured within 100 miles. The Bontragers are dreadful--hard, rough,
> slow, sluggish...feeling like they're made of hard clay and filled
> with lead.
>
> I want to avoid anything approaching the Bontrager Hardcase effect and
> thus my request for Kaliente reports.
> Dave

The Kaliente Iron Cloak is seriously fast with excellent flat protection. We
have found them to be great.

Bruce

snip........
>> I want to avoid anything approaching the Bontrager Hardcase effect and
>> thus my request for Kaliente reports.
>> Dave
>>

>The Kaliente Iron Cloak is seriously fast with excellent flat protection. We
>have found them to be great.
>
>Bruce

Thanks for your input Bruce. That's an unambiguous endorsement.
Dave

"DaveH" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> snip........
> >> I want to avoid anything approaching the Bontrager Hardcase effect and
> >> thus my request for Kaliente reports.
> >> Dave
> >>

> >The Kaliente Iron Cloak is seriously fast with excellent flat protection.

We
> >have found them to be great.
> >
> >Bruce

> Thanks for your input Bruce. That's an unambiguous endorsement.
> Dave

In my opinion, the Kaliente is a mainline raceday tire. For anything else
let me suggest the Kriterium. Our customers have had excellent results with
them both in training and racing.

In evaluating tires, there are so many factors: wheels, pavement, inflation,
weight, conditions, it's endless... I'm sure there are hundreds of people on
this net that know many volumes more than I ever will.