Kent, Washington is the first in the nation!!

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Aeiouy, Jun 30, 2003.

  1. Aeiouy

    Aeiouy Guest

    I might be a little late on this but thought it was cool that Kent was first

    MAY 19--We felt it was our duty, historically speaking, to post the first police report of a
    stolen Segway, inventor Dean Kamen's wondrous self-balancing transportation device. According
    to Kent, Washington police, the theft of the two-wheeled ride occurred on April 28 after
    owner Robert Ballantine, 62, left it locked up outside his home. Cops remain on the lookout
    for the hot wheels, which officers described in their report as a "unique motorized two
    wheeled walking machine." Memo to Mr. Ballantine: If you're going to shell out $5000 for a
    Segway, perhaps you should spring for a better anti-theft system than a $15 bicycle chain.

    http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/segwayrob1.html

    Tags:

  2. Buck

    Buck Guest