Kestrel legend sl 2015 headset bearing model?

Bert Checa

Feb 15, 2018
Miami FL
Hello, Im trying to identify the top bearing model for my Kestrel Legend 2015. The bottom Bearing has a model number marking from FSA TH Industries FSA Micro ACB Headset Bearing. The top one does not have any markings at all and my LBS doesn't have any that match and has never seen one that shape. This is the link to the bottom bearing. Has anyone replaced the bearing on this bike before?

Bert, you can go to FSA's website and match up your headset by the pictures and using their supplied measurements of the outside diameters of your head tube.

Download the two '42' model headsets' PDF files they list on page two of the headset section. Look at the measurements of the frame head tube diameters shown and steerer diameters (such as 1-1/8" x 1-1/2"). You should be able to match from there.

Also, Performance Bike and/or Kestrel should both be able to furnish you with the correct model number and FSA P/N.

Bert, you can go to FSA's website and match up your headset by the pictures and using their supplied measurements of the outside diameters of your head tube.

Download the two '42' model headsets' PDF files they list on page two of the headset section. Look at the measurements of the frame head tube diameters shown and steerer diameters (such as 1-1/8" x 1-1/2"). You should be able to match from there.

Also, Performance Bike and/or Kestrel should both be able to furnish you with the correct model number and FSA P/N.
Im on the FSA Site now trying to match them. Thanks

I had to match up my Emonda's headset in order to get a lower/shorter top cap bearing cover from FSA. Downloaded the drawings I needed and took a pair of dial calipers to the top and bottom outside diameters of my frame's head tube. 10 minutes later I'm on the phone with FSA customer support ordering the 8MM height top cap to match my frame and headset. Easy peasy.

Good luck, Bert!