Kettler Bikes

Shirley

Guest
Anyone have any info or experience of Kettler Bikes ( quality etc ) as a colleague who is retiring
is interested in this bike. We have found Kettler Uk where we can buy them direct but would like to
know more about them as the Kettler web sites don't give a great deal of detail.

Peter.

In message <[email protected]>, Shirley
<[email protected]> writes
>Anyone have any info or experience of Kettler Bikes ( quality etc ) as a colleague who is retiring
>is interested in this bike. We have found Kettler Uk where we can buy them direct but would like to
>know more about them as the Kettler web sites don't give a great deal of detail.
>
>Peter.

I don't think you'll get many replies to your question because Kettler is a German brand that you
don't often see in the UK. (They are much better known for their exercise bikes.) When I lived in
Germany my impression was that Kettler was a brand for the 'older' generation. Looking at
de.rec.fahrrad (German version of uk.rec.cycling) it seems to me that this impression is still
valid. Comments there suggest that Kettlers are robust cycles, perhaps heavier than most aluminium
framed bikes.
--
Michael MacClancy

"Shirley" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Anyone have any info or experience of Kettler Bikes ( quality etc ) as a colleague who is retiring
> is interested in this bike. We have found Kettler Uk where we can buy them direct but would like
> to know more about them as the Kettler web sites don't give a great deal of detail.

German built aluminium bikes -- manufactured in an impressive, well automated factory (or at least
it was about 10 years ago when I set up some robots there to weld frames).

Solid reputation in Germany -- nothing fancy. Lots of hub gears and springy saddles -- sit up & beg
styles for town & country.

I can't recommend or condemn. Have you looked at their German web site http://www.kettler.net/ which
has an English language set of pages?

I have no experience but notice that John Lewis sell them - which (to me) is something of a
recommendation.

"Shirley" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Anyone have any info or experience of Kettler Bikes ( quality etc ) as a colleague who is retiring
> is interested in this bike. We have found Kettler Uk where we can buy them direct but would like
> to know more about them as the Kettler web sites don't give a great deal of detail.
>
> Peter.

Thanks for your prompt replies. The German website shows the bike he is interested in ( UK version
has different handlebars) it seems the ideal bike for a "wrinkly" - we have decided to order one for
his retirement present.

peter

"Shirley" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Anyone have any info or experience of Kettler Bikes ( quality etc ) as a colleague who is retiring
> is interested in this bike. We have found Kettler Uk where we can buy them direct but would like
> to know more about them as the Kettler web sites don't give a great deal of detail.
>
> Peter.

God only knows why but Kettler have been running an ad in the Daily Express.

Not my paper, a colleague buys it and I read it (tight wad).