Keyesville video

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by terrybigwheel, Mar 21, 2006.

  1. Ok here goes...I hope I uploaded it correctly. The vid runs about 2 1/2
    minutes, and I didn't add a music track to keep the file size to a
    minimum. Please forgive my less than stellar camera technique and
    editing. There are not many "money shots" as the three most skilled
    riders were out doing there own thing from time to time, so
    unfortunately I missed a lot of their best stuff. Anyway, here it
    is.:cool:

    http://tinyurl.com/k3g9k

    --
    terrybigwheel

    Impotence: Nature's Way Of Saying "No Hard Feelings".

    Uni is just a cycle I'm going through. :cool:

    You -can- "Tune a fish". You simply adjust their "scales"! :D
    terrybigwheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11418

  2. bmemike

    bmemike Guest

    Looks like fun - but I think since there was audio that you didn't
    really save any space by not "adding any".

    You could have deleted the current audio track and added one of the
    same quality and have ended up with about the same file size. Just an
    FYI.

    --
    bmemike
    bmemike's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11148

  3. bmemike wrote:
    > Looks like fun - but I think since there was audio that you didn't
    > really save any space by not "adding any".
    >
    > You could have deleted the current audio track and added one of the
    > same quality and have ended up with about the same file size. Just an
    > FYI.

    The audio was part of the recording, so I could not "delete" it, only
    "mute" it and add a music bed. Evertime I -tried- to delete the talking
    audio part of the recording (in winXP movie maker) it would delete the
    WHOLE video!

    --
    terrybigwheel

    Impotence: Nature's Way Of Saying "No Hard Feelings".

    Uni is just a cycle I'm going through. :cool:

    You -can- "Tune a fish". You simply adjust their "scales"! :D
    terrybigwheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11418

  4. bmemike

    bmemike Guest

    Ah, then that'd be purely a limitation of the XP Movie Maker. I haven't
    used it, myself. I've only used things like Adobe Premiere which gives
    you more control over the audio tracks.

    --

  5. bmemike wrote:
    > Ah, then that'd be purely a limitation of the XP Movie Maker. I haven't
    > used it, myself. I've only used things like Adobe Premiere which gives
    > you more control over the audio tracks.

    Yeah, Moviemaker is a bit hard to use, but seems to have all the basics
    that I need starting out; The "trimming" aspect is also not easy to
    figure out. Most of the editing was done in the "capture" process. My
    friend gave me copies of Pinnacle 10.1, but it kept "quitting" on me,
    so that sucks. For now, what MM will have to suffice.

    --
    terrybigwheel

    Impotence: Nature's Way Of Saying "No Hard Feelings".

    Uni is just a cycle I'm going through. :cool:

    You -can- "Tune a fish". You simply adjust their "scales"! :D
    terrybigwheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11418

  6. trials_uni

    trials_uni Guest

  7. lucky_8

    lucky_8 Guest

  8. mango

    mango Guest

    Nice job, Terry! Thats very impressive for your first time! The whole
    video making process has alot of stuff to figure out. You nailed it all
    though! I also appreciate you documenting this event for us.

    Dear Mr. trials_uni,

    The dude On the 24 was me. Hi, my name is Erik. It is very nice of you
    to compliment me! :) Though i must admit i was lucky. I was lucky
    Terry didnt get any of the other guys on film! hahaha Seriously though,
    the other guys i rode with were going all out! Jon rode a section that
    i was even scared to walk!

    Not to insult Terry at all, because he did a super job! but most of
    those little shots were from our warmup before the compition and our
    cooldown on some rocks afterwards. Only one shot was part of the trials
    course. All the boys were going off and the lines in the comp were
    bangin'!:cool:

    Once again, Terry, Mucho Thanks and it was a pleasure to meet yoU!

    --
    mango

    *Neener, neener, neener. *-harper
    mango's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3892

  9. trials_uni

    trials_uni Guest

  10. LessIsMore

    LessIsMore Guest

    Hey Terry,

    Thanks a lot for posting the vid!

    I'm afraid our video is a bit behind schedule. I was trying to figure
    out how to get the pro-show software that I like to use to export .avi
    or .mpg, but I may have to give up and go back to premiere. :eek:

    We all (The Delight clan, Marie, Björn, Magnus Olof and I) all enjoyed
    riding and hanging out with you in the misty forests of Lake Isabella.
    I'm sure we'll meet again on the trail! :D

    Guy

    --
    LessIsMore

    3 degrees of freedom
    LessIsMore's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6864

  11. LessIsMore wrote:
    > Hey Terry,
    >
    > Thanks a lot for posting the vid!
    >
    > I'm afraid our video is a bit behind schedule. I was trying to figure
    > out how to get the pro-show software that I like to use to export .avi
    > or .mpg, but I may have to give up and go back to premiere. :eek:
    >
    > We all (The Delight clan, Marie, Björn, Magnus Olof and I) all enjoyed
    > riding and hanging out with you in the misty forests of Lake Isabella.
    > I'm sure we'll meet again on the trail! :D
    >
    > Guy

    Guy,

    I'm so happy to have met all of you as well, and I was also really
    impressed with everybody's riding skills, and hope that with more
    practice I can reach a similar level. I look forward to seeing you all
    again in the near future! :D