Keywin Titanium Road Pedals?

garagedog said:
They are old, old, old tech. But, one of the best you'll find. For a 96g pair of pedals they are incredably functional and wallet friendly. I know a few people who use them religiously, including a very good racer (hopefully gonna be the Australian Masters TT champion). Go for them. They seem to be gettingput on sale everywhere so grab them while you can. (get a spare pair of cleats too, apparently they wear pretty quick).

bobbyOCR said:
They are old, old, old tech. But, one of the best you'll find. For a 96g pair of pedals they are incredably functional and wallet friendly. I know a few people who use them religiously, including a very good racer (hopefully gonna be the Australian Masters TT champion). Go for them. They seem to be gettingput on sale everywhere so grab them while you can. (get a spare pair of cleats too, apparently they wear pretty quick).

The Keywin pedals are indeed very lightweight, as expected for a pedal with a poly-plastic body. I was surprised to see them still on the market actually. I believe they are New Zealand made (I could be wrong)? I was also very surprised to hear that many people liked them. I had a pair of Keywins with the chromoly spindle in the early 90's (in fact they were my first clipless pedals I ever used). I absolutely hated my Keywins though. The cleats were hell to mount (with 8 tap screws), the pedal body looked like **** after a few rides because they were plastic and scratched/wore so easily. The cleats had no pivoting action (later models did I was told) and no tension adjustment. Also, clipping in/out of the pedal required an ackward foot angle. But everyone has their own preference I suppose.

For similar price to the Keywins these days, one can get a Look Keo Classic or for a bit more, the Keo Sprint, better pedals IMHO. Even the entry level Shimano "105" pedals are a good alternative.