KFC question.

On Tue 31 Jan 2006 09:19:07a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Pandora?

> "Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> ha scritto nel
> messaggio news:[email protected]...
>> On Tue 31 Jan 2006 03:25:53a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Denny
>> Wheeler?

>>> A lot of people do. I don't much like it. I do like Original quite a
>>> bit.

>>> You're most welcome, Pandora.
>>>

>> Personally, I think all of the chicken at KFC is disgusting. But,
>> then, I've always had real southern fried chicken at home. There's
>> absolutely no comparison.

> I just wanted to ask what was the difference! Only pressure fryer?

Yes, that's the main difference. Although, I don't much like the coating
they use either.

--
Wayne Boatwright Õ¿Õ¬

On Tue 31 Jan 2006 10:57:28a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it notbob?

> On 2006-01-31, Wayne Boatwright <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Personally, I think all of the chicken at KFC is disgusting.

> I have to agree. I never buy the stuff. I remember eating it
> occasionally when friends would bring a bucket over, but never could
> eat more than about one piece. I used to joke KFC was good for
> motorcycles. I imagined wiring a chicken leg to the frame just above
> the rear drive chain, the dripping grease keeping the chain well
> lubed. My brother came up with a good approach to eating KFC. Take
> the meat off the bone and stick it between one of the biscuits to soak
> up the excess grease, then dose with black pepper and a good Louisiana
> hot sauce.
>
> nb

LOL! I can picture it!

--
Wayne Boatwright Õ¿Õ¬

On Tue 31 Jan 2006 01:03:03p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it notbob?

> On 2006-01-31, Dee Randall <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>> don't know if they get their free grease exclusively from one fast-food
>> restaurant or not.

> I don't know. It's my understanding deep fryer fat is a waste
> product that's a real pain for any restaurant using it. I think they
> have to pay for its disposal. I could be wrong on this.
>
> nb

You're correct about this. There are companies that specialize in this.

--
Wayne Boatwright Õ¿Õ¬

On Tue 31 Jan 2006 01:09:55p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Pandora?

> Excuse me the English question. Why, sometimes, do you write "fried" and
> why do you write sometimes "fryer" when there is a consonant before the
> "Y"? Sorry if I would like to understand :)
> cheers
> Pandora

The word "fried" is an adjective that is used to describe a noun, such as
"chicken". The word "fryer" is a noun that is the name of a piece of
equipment, such as "deep fryer".

--
Wayne Boatwright Õ¿Õ¬

"Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:[email protected]...
> On Tue 31 Jan 2006 01:09:55p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Pandora?
>

>> Excuse me the English question. Why, sometimes, do you write "fried" and
>> why do you write sometimes "fryer" when there is a consonant before the
>> "Y"? Sorry if I would like to understand :)
>> cheers
>> Pandora

> The word "fried" is an adjective that is used to describe a noun, such as
> "chicken". The word "fryer" is a noun that is the name of a piece of
> equipment, such as "deep fryer".

Ahhhhh! Thank you Wayne! Now I understand ! Fryer is a substantive, OK!
But...now that I think...why a substantive has different grammatichal rules
in comparison with an adjective?
Cheers
Pandora

Dee Randall wrote:

> "notbob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:p[email protected]...
>
> I used to joke KFC was good for
> > motorcycles. I imagined wiring a chicken leg to the frame just
> > above the rear drive chain, the dripping grease keeping the chain
> > well lubed. >
> > nb

> I suppose you've seen the TV stories about the guys traveling across
> the US with just used-grease from the fast food place(s) for their
> vehicle. I don't know if they get their free grease exclusively from
> one fast-food restaurant or not. Dee Dee

Google on bio-diesel for more information.

Brian

won't shut up.

Dee Randall wrote:
> "notbob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:p[email protected]...
>
> I used to joke KFC was good for
>
>>motorcycles. I imagined wiring a chicken leg to the frame just above
>>the rear drive chain, the dripping grease keeping the chain well
>>lubed. >
>>nb

> I suppose you've seen the TV stories about the guys traveling across the US
> with just used-grease from the fast food place(s) for their vehicle. I
> don't know if they get their free grease exclusively from one fast-food
> restaurant or not.
> Dee Dee

Those TV stories have the accuracy of most TV stories. I like the way
they describe someone driving up to the fast food place and simply
filling up with waste fryer oil as if they pulled into a filling
station. The reality is that there is considerable processing involved
to remove undesirable stuff before the oil can be used in a diesel engine.

On 2006-01-31, Pandora <[email protected]> wrote:

> Ahhhhh! Thank you Wayne! Now I understand ! Fryer is a substantive...

Substantive? Boy, I had to dig out my dusty old Harbrace for that
one. ;)

nb

"Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Tue 31 Jan 2006 01:09:55p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Pandora?
>

>> Excuse me the English question. Why, sometimes, do you write "fried" and
>> why do you write sometimes "fryer" when there is a consonant before the
>> "Y"? Sorry if I would like to understand :)
>> cheers
>> Pandora

> The word "fried" is an adjective that is used to describe a noun, such as
> "chicken". The word "fryer" is a noun that is the name of a piece of
> equipment, such as "deep fryer".
>
> --
> Wayne Boatwright Õ¿Õ¬

A chicken itself, can be called a "fryer," too.
http://www.onelook.com/?w=fryer&ls=a
Quick defintion:
noun: flesh of a medium-sized young chicken suitable for frying

Dee Dee

"George" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:eek:[email protected]...
> Dee Randall wrote:
>> "notbob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:p[email protected]...
>>
>> I used to joke KFC was good for
>>
>>>motorcycles. I imagined wiring a chicken leg to the frame just above
>>>the rear drive chain, the dripping grease keeping the chain well
>>>lubed. >
>>>nb

>> I suppose you've seen the TV stories about the guys traveling across the
>> US with just used-grease from the fast food place(s) for their vehicle.
>> I don't know if they get their free grease exclusively from one fast-food
>> restaurant or not.
>> Dee Dee

> Those TV stories have the accuracy of most TV stories. I like the way they
> describe someone driving up to the fast food place and simply filling up
> with waste fryer oil as if they pulled into a filling station. The reality
> is that there is considerable processing involved to remove undesirable
> stuff before the oil can be used in a diesel engine.

The TV story I saw did show the processing involved.
Dee Dee

"Dee Randall" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:[email protected]...

> "Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> On Tue 31 Jan 2006 01:09:55p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Pandora?
>>

>>> Excuse me the English question. Why, sometimes, do you write "fried" and
>>> why do you write sometimes "fryer" when there is a consonant before the
>>> "Y"? Sorry if I would like to understand :)
>>> cheers
>>> Pandora

>> The word "fried" is an adjective that is used to describe a noun, such as
>> "chicken". The word "fryer" is a noun that is the name of a piece of
>> equipment, such as "deep fryer".
>>
>> --
>> Wayne Boatwright Õ¿Õ¬

> A chicken itself, can be called a "fryer," too.
> http://www.onelook.com/?w=fryer&ls=a
> Quick defintion:
> noun: flesh of a medium-sized young chicken suitable for frying
>
> Dee Dee

I can see that if I write frier is not wrong!
Pandora

George wrote:

> Dee Randall wrote:

> > I suppose you've seen the TV stories about the guys traveling
> > across the US with just used-grease from the fast food place(s)
> > for their vehicle. I don't know if they get their free grease
> > exclusively from one fast-food restaurant or not. Dee Dee

> Those TV stories have the accuracy of most TV stories. I like the way
> they describe someone driving up to the fast food place and simply
> filling up with waste fryer oil as if they pulled into a filling
> station. The reality is that there is considerable processing
> involved to remove undesirable stuff before the oil can be used in a
> diesel engine.

I've read some stuff about it. Most of the time people go through a
processing step to make bio-diesel fuel. However, some guys say that
once the car's up and running at temp they can switch to burning
unprocessed oil (I'm sure they filter it) directly.

Brian

won't shut up.

Pandora wrote:

> I can see that if I write frier is not wrong!

It's not wrong, but is less right. As long as you don't write "friar",
that's something else altogether.

Brian

won't shut up.

"Default User" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:[email protected]...
> Pandora wrote:
>

>> I can see that if I write frier is not wrong!

> It's not wrong, but is less right. As long as you don't write "friar",
> that's something else altogether.
>

> Brian

But it was in your enciclopedy! I would only know if I can write *frier*
without making a grammatical mistake.
Pandora

Pandora wrote:

> "Default User" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
> news:[email protected]...
> > Pandora wrote:
> >

> > > I can see that if I write frier is not wrong!

> > It's not wrong, but is less right. As long as you don't write
> > "friar", that's something else altogether.

> But it was in your enciclopedy!

Well, not mine personally.

> I would only know if I can write
> frier without making a grammatical mistake.

Sure. Like I said, "friar" is a different thing all-together.

Brian

won't shut up.

"Default User" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:[email protected]...
> Pandora wrote:
>

>> "Default User" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
>> news:[email protected]...

>> > It's not wrong, but is less right. As long as you don't write
>> > "friar", that's something else altogether.

>> But it was in your enciclopedy!

> Well, not mine personally.
>
>> I would only know if I can write
>> frier without making a grammatical mistake.

> Sure. Like I said, "friar" is a different thing all-together.

Oh! Thank you :)
Pandora