KH 29er xc uni

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by musketman, Dec 11, 2005.

  1. musketman

    musketman Guest

    anybody have one of these beasts? Im sure there pretty good since there
    kris holm uni's. Plz if ya got one tell me what you think of them. I
    think i want to get one for my longer rides i do, and the U.P. tour de
    yoop coming up next year.

    P.s. if you slap an 05 24" kris holm wheel set in one of these 05 29"
    ers will it fit in there properly?

    --
    musketman
    musketman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9214

  2. Gilby

    Gilby Guest

    musketman wrote:
    > think i want to get one for my longer rides i do, and the U.P. tour de
    > yoop coming up next year.

    The shortest cranks available for the KH/Onza is the 127 mm cranks,
    which might not be short enough on a 29" for a long tour.

    musketman wrote:
    > P.s. if you slap an 05 24" kris holm wheel set in one of these 05 29"
    > ers will it fit in there properly?

    I would think so, since it's the same hub, the spacing and everything
    should be the same.

    --
    Gilby
    Gilby's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1

  3. UniTyler

    UniTyler Guest

    Gilby wrote:
    > The shortest cranks available for the KH/Onza is the 127 mm cranks,
    > which might not be short enough on a 29" for a long tour.

    It should be fine. If it is flat short would be nicer, though.

    --
    UniTyler
    UniTyler's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6120

  4. Klaas Bil

    Klaas Bil Guest

    On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 15:53:35 -0600, musketman wrote:

    >think i want to get one for my longer rides i do, and the U.P. tour de
    >yoop coming up next year.

    A crank length of 127 mm is OK (for touring on a 29" in general). It
    might be difficult to ride with fast Cokers, but shorter cranks may
    not help that much. However, I'm not sure that the original tyre for
    the 29" XC is very well suited for touring on asphalt. You may want to
    swap it for something slicker, Big Apple comes to mind.

    Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
    --
    "erectile function trumps public image - David Stone, commenting on the importance of seat comfort"

  5. peter.bier

    peter.bier Guest

    musketman wrote:

    > P.s. if you slap an 05 24" kris holm wheel set in one of these 05 29"
    > ers will it fit in there properly?

    Yes, it will fit fine. The frame width and bearing housing on the 24"
    and 29" frames are identical. I just had a look in our warehouse and
    the only difference between the frames is that the 29" has longer fork
    blades.

    The only problem you will run into is if you swap in a 24" wheelset and
    then want to mount some brakes. The brake mounts on the 29" frame will
    be too high for a 24" wheel.

    --
    peter.bier

    -Peter Bier