KH Gel Seat

jagur wrote:
> *did you call them? is that what they said or somthing?
>
> its built the same as a kh seat except for the lower profile. *

When I emailed them about the seat, They said: "We just got some sample
gel saddles, and frankly we're not impressed.
We're ordering some anyway, for deliver in the Springtime."

--
Chrashing - Just Lucky

Regards,
Chrashing
Chrashing's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7501

Hi!

I dont think that the point is just the gel, the big thing is that the
shape is perfect, it is a mix between miyata and KH.

I dont like the big KH saddles, I find them just too big. I have lots
of unis with differents models of saddles, viscount, miyata, air
saddles, kh and I like that one a lot.

Ive been riding with the gel saddle for a week, so i can tell you more
yet. You can see more details here: http://www.koxx-one.com/selles.php
and you can buy them here http://tinyurl.com/48ub9

The think I like more is the height, there is less saddle surface
touching the inner part of the leg while pedaling. It is also great for
seat out hopping, you can catch the saddle better.

A great alternative is the other thin model with standard padding, is
like a miyata.

The only thing I would change is the rear bumper, i like more the miyata
style, it is better for drag seat tricks.

Thats my little review.

--
monociclos - Doin` trials

www.monociclos.com Unicycle related stuff in Spanish
monociclos's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4100

Hello monociclos,
Thank you for the info. Your beginning to convince me that the KOXX seat
shape is what I'm looking for.

What do you think of the gel? Does the gel improve the seat, or would
the lower profile foam seat possibly be as good?

--
Chrashing - Just Lucky

Regards,
Chrashing
Chrashing's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7501

I got my Koxx one seat and I like it. One thing though, it doesn't feel
like gel, It feels like dense foam. I wonder if I paid for a gel and
got a foam seat. The pictures I've seen of each of them look identical.
The only difference I could see is about $10 euros.

I like the longer grip in the front of the seat and I don't miss the
thicker foam of the KH design.

Anyone know how to tell the difference between the koxx-one gel and
koxx-one non-gel seat?

--
Chrashing - Just Lucky

Regards,
Chrashing
Chrashing's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7501

Hi Tomsey!

Are you testing a new model of kh seat? Any new brand ok a just a new kh
with lower profile??

I agree with you, the stregth is very important actually Im riding with
a viscount air ( 1 layer pillow ) saddle with fusion cover and kh
handle.

I think is the best convination money - strength - confort.

| Attachment filename: 500img_3012.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/278203|

monociclos - Doin` trials

www.monociclos.com Unicycle related stuff in Spanish
monociclos's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4100

its not a KH...

its the exact same Velo however...

not fusioned, and about 30/35mm thick, with the new grips...

i do a lot of falling off.... and in this day and age.... usually
without feet on pedals. so seats are needing to get stronger

i just think... if i can get a carbon fibre base plate (or something
very hard for a stiffener), low profile foam, that comfy grip and
possibly something high tensile for a seat post, ill have no worries at
all... just gotta let my ankles heal for a little while

why arent these seats mass produced for elite street unicycles...
like the bedford hardcore, or any new and upcoming streetstyle
unicycles.

i dont think you could complain about that seat... other than it hurts
more when you smash your nuts on it because it doesnt bend....

someone make one and ill buy it

--
tomsey - hardcore unicyclist

www.ozextremeunicycling.cjb.net
tomsey's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7038

tomsey wrote:
> *its not a KH...
>
> i just think... if i can get a carbon fibre base plate (or something
> very hard for a stiffener), low profile foam, that comfy grip and
> possibly something high tensile for a seat post, ill have no worries
> at all... just gotta let my ankles heal for a little while
> *

Bedford sells a CF KH base. If you were to get that, a Reeder handle,
cut down KH foam, Fusion cover, rear bumper, rail adapter, and alloy
bike post, you'd have a light weight, strong seat and post solution.

--
daino149 - On Vacation - till i find a job

Check out my 'pics ' (http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/daino)
'My X-a-n-g-a' (http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=fingerpies)
I need to find a job

So UDC has jumped on the band wagon, and also produced a Velo Gel
Saddle, 'Check it out' (http://tinyurl.com/8dg4v)

also available from 'municycle.com' (http://tinyurl.com/bv6m2)

| Attachment filename: big_sa1055_einrad_sattel_gel[1].jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/313834|

smdO2 - Only One But Fun
smdO2's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7369

so everyone has them now except unicycle.com..bummer

if you go back in this thread you will read that UDC was contacted and
said they "were not impressed" by them. hopefully that will change soon.

--
jagur - young gas bag

smoke me a kipper, i'll be back for breakfast.
-forget_your_life-
--------------------------------------
-------*muni militia *-------
*one wheeled death squad*

smdO2 wrote:
> *So UDC has jumped on the band wagon, and also produced a Velo Gel
> Saddle, *

Just for the records, it was me who designed, specified and commisioned
Velo over a year ago to produce the narrower gel saddle. It was not take
up immediately because of other developments on our plate. Because we
were slow at taking production up they offered the design to everyone
else.

Roger

--
rogeratunicycledotcom - ok ish Unicyclist

++++++++++++++++++
Unicycle.com in the UK
The UK's Unicycle Source
www.unicycle.uk.com
+++++++++++++++++++
rogeratunicycledotcom's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4116

rogeratunicycledotcom wrote:
> *Just for the records, it was me who designed, specified and
> commisioned Velo over a year ago to produce the narrower gel saddle.
> It was not take up immediately because of other developments on our
> plate. Because we were slow at taking production up they offered the
> design to everyone else.
>
> Roger *

Sorry Roger, I just assumed Koxx1 designed the gel saddle coz theirs
came out first.

Why are the UDC ones cheaper, did you get some sort of a discount for
designing them, or are they made of a differant material.

--
smdO2 - Only One But Fun
smdO2's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7369

The price difference.... I can only guess that it is the branding you
are paying for. We don't get any additional discount, although we do
buy quite a lot at a time.

As for quality and materials. The UDC should be stronger than the Koxx
due to it having the newer base and it also has the kevlar material on
the top so it should be more durable (in manufacturing terms this costs
more).

Roger

--
rogeratunicycledotcom - ok ish Unicyclist

++++++++++++++++++
Unicycle.com in the UK
The UK's Unicycle Source
www.unicycle.uk.com
+++++++++++++++++++
rogeratunicycledotcom's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4116

Hi Roger!

Can you tell us a little bit more about the base improvements??

For sure this will be the saddle of the year!!

I would like to see a saddle like that with a complete keblar surface
arround the saddle not just on the top.

Thanks!

Pepe, Monociclos.Com

--

monociclos wrote:
> *
> Can you tell us a little bit more about the base improvements??
> *

It is something that Kris instigated along with Velo the manufacturer.
The base has some additional infill on the inside just in front of the
seatpost. This has always been the point of weakness in the seats. The
plastic does not offer much stength in itself but it allows the
reinforcing to not have the kink in it so making it a lot stronger.
This will be filtering through to all the seats in time.

FOR SURE THIS WILL BE THE SADDLE OF THE YEAR!!

Things are moving forward all the time. The KH saddle with Kris doing a
lot of the developments is improving all the time.

I WOULD LIKE TO SEE A SADDLE LIKE THAT WITH A COMPLETE KEBLAR SURFACE
ARROUND THE SADDLE NOT JUST ON THE RED PART. AND ALSO A MODEL ALVAILABLE
WITHOUT THE UNICYCLE.COM LOGO ; )

This would make a very expensive saddle indeed, it would probably double
the cost of the saddle. The Kevlar is stupildy expensive! If you want
durable then look at the leather covers, these are the most durable
covers... but you must not allow them to get too wet or dried out with
heat or they fail. I have one that is used almost every day and is
almost perfect after over 10 years.

Regards

Roger

--
rogeratunicycledotcom - ok ish Unicyclist

++++++++++++++++++
Unicycle.com in the UK
The UK's Unicycle Source
www.unicycle.uk.com
+++++++++++++++++++
rogeratunicycledotcom's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4116

What I like about the gel seat is that the padding you sit on is not as
thick as the standard KH seat. With the std KH seat, I had the problem
where as the seat contoured to my body I would sink to deep enough that
'my boys' were getting pressed by the foam. That is with bike shorts.
The thinner padding of the Gel seat helps 'my boys' ride above the
padding with less pressure.

I've been using the koxx-gel seat nearly every day for 2-3 months now,
20 to 90 minutes at a time. I've worn out a knobby tire, and the seat
still looks and feels like new. I'll try UDC version when I need another
gel.

--
Chrashing - Just Lucky

Regards,