KH handle with Viscount

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by pdc, Mar 28, 2005.

  1. pdc

    pdc Guest

    The KH handle fits the Viscount saddle like it was made for it. (After
    you remove the 2 screw receivers from the original.)
    I think it makes a great trials saddle, very comfortable to hold seat
    out.

    | Attachment filename: viscount.jpg |
    |Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/291964|

    pdc - That's my boy!
    pdc's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8160

  2. pdc

    pdc Guest

    Another pic

    | Attachment filename: viscount2.jpg |
    |Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/291965|

    pdc - That's my boy!
    pdc's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8160

  3. pdc

    pdc Guest

    One more

    | Attachment filename: viscount1.jpg |
    |Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/291966|

    pdc - That's my boy!
    pdc's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8160

  4. jagur

    jagur Guest

    nice job!

    --
    jagur - Random Unicyclist

    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
    -forget_your_life-
    --------------------------------------
    -------*muni militia *-------
    *one wheeled death squad*

  5. pdc

    pdc Guest

  6. Unitik908

    Unitik908 Guest

  7. Fuego

    Fuego Guest

  8. pdc

    pdc Guest

    drebble wrote:
    > *i just broke my kh seat and i have a viscount seat lying around.
    > iwas wondering how you got the bolts coming from the inside and if you
    > just drilled two more holes for the extra screws? thanks *

    *First remove the 2 places where the Viscount screws go in.
    *I did that by using a 1/2 drill bit and then using wire cutters to get
    the little pieces of metal that were left.
    *Peel back the cover and padding, you will need to cut the foam away
    from the metal base.
    *Drill the 4 holes.
    *Put the carriage bolts in.
    *I then hot glued the cover back in place.
    *Bolt the handle on and you've got one of the cheapest and best trials
    seats.

    --
    pdc - That's my boy!
    pdc's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8160

  9. U-Turn

    U-Turn Guest

    Nice! BTW when the back screws strip out, just use a couple of pop
    rivets for a perfect attachment.

    --
    U-Turn - As long as my feet keep movin'...

    'Strongest Coker Wheel in the World'
    -- Dave Stockton

  10. maxisback

    maxisback Guest

    so was doing that setup hard or not ? I orderd a viscount to do it...
    and I am wondering is that whole setup would work with a fuson cover on
    it insetad of the viscount cover ?

    --
    maxisback
    maxisback's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10885

  11. pdc

    pdc Guest

    maxisback wrote:
    > *so was doing that setup hard or not ? I orderd a viscount to do it...
    > and I am wondering is that whole setup would work with a fuson cover
    > on it insetad of the viscount cover ? *

    Yep

    --
    pdc - Unicycling Lord of Lookout Mountain

    "What doesn't kill you strengthens you, what kills you strengthens your
    mother"

    pdc's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8160

  12. maxisback

    maxisback Guest

    so by yep you mean yes it was hard and yes a fusion cover would fit on
    it ? and alot to put the bolt in.. did you cut the foam then made the
    holes or you just lifted the foam and made holes.. and to take the
    viscount cover off without scraping your foam did you bloew-dry it or
    something .. I think its glued isnt it ?

    --
    maxisback
    maxisback's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10885

  13. john_childs

    john_childs Guest

    maxisback wrote:
    > so by yep you mean yes it was hard and yes a fusion cover would fit on
    > it ? and alot to put the bolt in.. did you cut the foam then made the
    > holes or you just lifted the foam and made holes.. and to take the
    > viscount cover off without scraping your foam did you bloew-dry it or
    > something .. I think its glued isnt it ?

    I can answer a few of the questions.
    The Viscount metal base is a little less than 1 cm longer than the KH
    base. The Fusion seat cover has stretchy fabric on the front or back
    so it should fit easily enough after allowing for the stretching. I'm
    not sure how well it will fit the shape and form and curvature though.
    The Viscount has a different shape. I suspect it will all fit fine.

    Getting the Viscount cover off the Viscount foam is tedious if you want
    to keep the foam. The seat cover is glued on the foam using a glue
    similar to rubber cement. You have to peel it off slowly and carefully
    and use a knife or utility razor to scrape along the fabric. I don't
    know if heating up the glue and cover with a blow drier or heat gun
    would make it easier to peel off the foam or not. The foam is also
    glued to the metal seat base and formed (molded) around the seat base.
    Peeling off the foam from the seat base without ripping out chunks of
    foam is also tedious. Leave the foam on the metal base if you can.

    --
    john_childs

    john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
    Gallery: http://gallery.unicyclist.com/john_childs
    'Unicycling Bookmark List' (http://backcountry.unicyclist.com/) ::
    'World Clock' (http://tinyurl.com/a99y3) :: 'Click Me'
    (http://tinyurl.com/7lvbu)

  14. maxisback

    maxisback Guest

  15. primus

    primus Guest

  16. JUNGAUNI

    JUNGAUNI Guest

  17. john_childs

    john_childs Guest

    JUNGAUNI wrote:
    > would this be beter than a cut down kris holm seat or a miyta?

    Depends on how you define better.
    The Viscount has a metal base so it is going to flex less and may hold
    up longer than a KH or Miyata with a plastic base. The Viscount also
    has a different shape than the KH or Miyata and prefer that saddle
    shape. But the metal base makes it heavier and the shape may or may
    not agree with you.

    --
    john_childs

    john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com