KH hub/axle slop

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by gbuchana(a)teksavvy(dot)com, May 11, 2006.

  1. I have one of the 1st generation KH hub sets that has the splined
    hub and axle/cranks. As with many people, I'm starting to get some
    noticable play in the axle/hub splines. It's not a big deal so far,
    but it does feel like the slop is increasing.

    So I've not been paying attention for a while. What is the usual
    approach to this problem these days? Is it easy to fix? How's it
    done? Shims? Thread-Lock? Epoxy?

    Thanks
    Gardner Buchanan FreeBSD: Where you want to go. Today.

    Tags:

  2. Darren

    Darren Guest

  3. trials_uni

    trials_uni Guest

    When i got some play in my cranks i just wrenched the pinch bolt up real
    tight...Never had a problem since.

    --
    trials_uni

    TRIALS 4 LIFE !

    koebwil wrote:
    > I'm too hardcore to type. I just punch the keyboard and delete the
    > letters I don't want

    w00t...i got reply # 60666 in MR

  4. ntappin

    ntappin Guest

  5. dan de man

    dan de man Guest

    so the kh free-ride is a bad idea?

    --
    dan de man

    Jethro wrote:
    > Welcome to Hotel Unifornia. You can check out, but you can never leave.
    >
    > Help yourself to anything in the fridge.
    >
    > And please don't feed the clowns.

    dan de man's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11403

  6. trials_uni

    trials_uni Guest

    No the KH freeride is great...The uni were talking about has a Gen. 1
    Hub(old 8 spline one). 'This one.'
    (http://www.unicycle.uk.com/Images/Shop/khhubandcrankset.jpg)

    -Phil

    --
    trials_uni

    TRIALS 4 LIFE !

    koebwil wrote:
    > I'm too hardcore to type. I just punch the keyboard and delete the
    > letters I don't want

    w00t...i got reply # 60666 in MR

  7. Darren

    Darren Guest

  8. harper

    harper Guest

    Darren wrote:
    > I will bring whatever people want to order before I leave.
    >
    > Let the guys in Ottawa know that I will only be bringing what is
    > pre-ordered.
    >
    > Darren

    You know me. I'm already in Ottawa. I *OWN* Ottawa. I *RUN* Ottawa.
    Please bring me a black Ferrari. I'll pay you when I see you.

    Ignore the misspelling of "Stephen" in the signature line. I can't
    believe my personal secretary spelled it "Greg."

    --
    harper

    -Greg Harper

    B L U E S H I F T

    This is still my nth post....*AWESOME!!!*

  9. dan de man

    dan de man Guest

    well thx for telling me that trials uni Im only $104 away from getting a
    freeride and thats about a month of work for me yayayayya

    --
    dan de man