KHS Flite 500

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Matthew

My nearest LBS sells KHS bikes and I'm seriously considering purchasing the Flite 500. I'm
interested to know what opinions, experience, etc. folks have had with this bike or with KHS
in general.

TIA Matthew

I have only had mine for about a month... a KHS not the 500. It doesn't creak (like a norco I tried
or my old one) when I get on it, the gears shift great the brakes work. I am always improving on it,
going faster etc etc... mine is lighter than the steel ones I had before.

The one on the web page looks terrific!

take care Liz

Hey! Look what "Matthew" <[email protected]> wrote :

>My nearest LBS sells KHS bikes and I'm seriously considering purchasing the Flite 500. I'm
>interested to know what opinions, experience, etc. folks have had with this bike or with KHS
>in general.
>
>TIA Matthew

I own a KHS. It compares with bikes costing hundreds of dollars more, which are essentially being
spent on "name recognition".

Matthew wrote:

> My nearest LBS sells KHS bikes and I'm seriously considering purchasing the Flite 500. I'm
> interested to know what opinions, experience, etc. folks have had with this bike or with KHS in
> general.
>
> TIA Matthew

"Matthew" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> My nearest LBS sells KHS bikes and I'm seriously considering purchasing the Flite 500. I'm
> interested to know what opinions, experience, etc. folks have had with this bike or with KHS in
> general.

I bought one of these for my wife a year ago; I think we paid $459 at a local Performance shop.
Overall I'm happy with the bike, with one glaring exception. The rims are aero-style, and are
extremely tight. It quite literally takes me 1-2 hours to fix a flat, and I'm not sure I'd be able
to do it on the road. I know my wife wouldn't.

To solve that, I just bought new wheels, which more than negates the cost savings. If you can, try
removing a tire to ensure that the one you're looking at isn't similarly afflicted. If it is, see if
the shop will swap out the wheels for you.

Sam

I bought a KHS Flight 2000 frame a year ago and built it up. A dream of a bike. The frame itself is
rock solid yet feels alive beneath me. I've never seen one at an LBS or on the road, so you probably
won't see yourself at group rides.

Status
Not open for further replies.