KHS Flite 500

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Matthew, Oct 2, 2003.

  1. Matthew

    Matthew Guest

    My nearest LBS sells KHS bikes and I'm seriously considering purchasing the Flite 500. I'm
    interested to know what opinions, experience, etc. folks have had with this bike or with KHS
    in general.

    TIA Matthew

    Tags:

  2. Misnomer

    Misnomer Guest

    I have only had mine for about a month... a KHS not the 500. It doesn't creak (like a norco I tried
    or my old one) when I get on it, the gears shift great the brakes work. I am always improving on it,
    going faster etc etc... mine is lighter than the steel ones I had before.

    The one on the web page looks terrific!

    take care Liz

    Hey! Look what "Matthew" <[email protected]> wrote :

    >My nearest LBS sells KHS bikes and I'm seriously considering purchasing the Flite 500. I'm
    >interested to know what opinions, experience, etc. folks have had with this bike or with KHS
    >in general.
    >
    >TIA Matthew

  3. Gary Smiley

    Gary Smiley Guest

    I own a KHS. It compares with bikes costing hundreds of dollars more, which are essentially being
    spent on "name recognition".

    Matthew wrote:

    > My nearest LBS sells KHS bikes and I'm seriously considering purchasing the Flite 500. I'm
    > interested to know what opinions, experience, etc. folks have had with this bike or with KHS in
    > general.
    >
    > TIA Matthew

  4. Sam Huffman

    Sam Huffman Guest

    "Matthew" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > My nearest LBS sells KHS bikes and I'm seriously considering purchasing the Flite 500. I'm
    > interested to know what opinions, experience, etc. folks have had with this bike or with KHS in
    > general.

    I bought one of these for my wife a year ago; I think we paid $459 at a local Performance shop.
    Overall I'm happy with the bike, with one glaring exception. The rims are aero-style, and are
    extremely tight. It quite literally takes me 1-2 hours to fix a flat, and I'm not sure I'd be able
    to do it on the road. I know my wife wouldn't.

    To solve that, I just bought new wheels, which more than negates the cost savings. If you can, try
    removing a tire to ensure that the one you're looking at isn't similarly afflicted. If it is, see if
    the shop will swap out the wheels for you.

    Sam

  5. D.Putnam

    D.Putnam Guest

    I bought a KHS Flight 2000 frame a year ago and built it up. A dream of a bike. The frame itself is
    rock solid yet feels alive beneath me. I've never seen one at an LBS or on the road, so you probably
    won't see yourself at group rides.